Speaking of Contractions.......2nd trip to L&D

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2010, 03:45 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
I had commented yesterday on how I was having continuous BH contractions for threee days and they hurt but I wasn't worried about them......well as if on cue....as the afternoon progressed yesterday they started to hurt more and more and then started to peak at 6 minutes apart. I could no longer talk through them and just had to rock on all fours and blow when they came. I finally called my Dr. who proceded to tell me to get into L&D NOW.......I was afraid of that.....
Then I calmly called my Mom while I waited for DexH to get home to watch DD.....But as soon as I heard my Mom's voice on the phone I lost it and started bawling because they are not going to be here till March 25th and I don't want Eli to come without them here!!!
DexH got home and I headed for the hospital, driving was interesting to say the least but the contractions seemed to be spacing out a little more. When I got to L&D the strapped me in and watched my contractions for a while before giving me a Turb shot (I forgot how nasty that stuff is!!!!) I started to shake and wanted to puke but the intense contractions stopped and turned into constant really bad cramping so the Dr. came and did a fFN and checked my cervix. I'm dilated at 1cm but still nice and long! WHEW!!! The cramping wouldn't stop so they gave me another Turb shot which knocked out the cramps but made me SUPER nauseous so driving home was a pain but I was thankful that Eli was fine. Called my Doc today and the fFN was Negative!!! Hooray!!! Now I just have to take it easy and keep my legs clamped together for 6 weeks till my Family gets here!!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!
February 11th, 2010, 03:47 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank goodness they were able to stop them! Take it easy.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

February 11th, 2010, 03:48 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad everything is going ok now!! Hopefully the contractions die down for now and don't come back for a few more weeks!!!!

February 11th, 2010, 03:58 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Wow, that was rough. Im sorry you had that scare and Im glad they were able to stop them. Keep baking, Elijah!
February 11th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Veteran
So glad they got it all to stop for you, hope your ok and keep baby baking a while longer

ALL MY LIL GIRLIES TOGETHER...MUMMY LOVES YOU ALL BABIES
ALL MY FAMILY..LOVE YOU ALL
February 11th, 2010, 11:53 PM
lilflower
I'm sorry! I hope you keep baking for a long 6 weeks!
February 12th, 2010, 07:01 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
that sounds rough so glad you are ok hoping you cn keep him in there until your parents get there at least

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

February 12th, 2010, 07:53 AM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
I'm sorry! Hope little Eli waits at least until your family can be here!

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
February 12th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow glad that they stopped them. Whats fFn?
February 12th, 2010, 12:56 PM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ugh! I'm glad your doing much better, and what a scare to say the least!!!!! Take it easy on yourself, we don't have much longer to go
February 12th, 2010, 03:20 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
That sounds awful! I'm glad that everything seems to look okay so far! I'll send T&P Your way that it stays that way!! What is a "turb shot?" out of curiousity?
February 12th, 2010, 03:46 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
Chelle, fFN is a test called Fetal Fibronectin, they scrape your cervix and the test results will tell you if you are likely to go into labor in the next 2 weeks. A negative answer is great and a positive does not mean you will pop for sure but it helps the Doc form a plan for you.

Kristi, Turb shot is short for Terbutaline, Treatment of Preterm Labor: Terbutaline Information on Healthline

NASTY stuff but it does the trick in stopping many women in pre-term labor. Makes you feel like rubbish but it is completely worth it! I have only had a few BH contractions over the last 2 days so it really worked making my uterus settle down!! I had them quite a few times with DD, I tend to bake over eager babies!!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search