Ugh, I just found my first stretch mark!!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2010, 04:51 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just got out of the shower and I noticed two glistening red streaks about an inch long. More on the side to the right of my belly button. I am sooo frustrated by these darn things!!! I know it's stupid because there is nothing I can do about it, but I can't help it. I am just bummed out. I guess I was hoping I would be one of the lucky ones that would get through her pregnancy stretch mark free. My skin was doing so good up until this point! And to make it worse I feel like everyone I talk to is like oh I never got stretch marks when I was pregnant, you won't get them, you're thin. Why do people say these things?

I am just wondering...does this pretty much mean they are going to grow and grown and get worse and worse over the next 2 months? Or is there a chance that only a few will pop up? Wishful thinking? I am just bummed that I wont be able to wear a bikini again. I know that sounds shallow, but I have always taken such good care of my body and worked out so regularly that this just seems unfair!

How many of you are still stretch mark free? How far along are you? Those of you that have them or have gotten them before, did you get them all at once? Did they pop up over time?

I am almost 32 weeks right now.

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

February 11th, 2010, 05:02 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't get any stretch marks with my last pregnancy until about 34 weeks, and it started out as two small marks on the side of my belly button. By 38 weeks the whole front of my belly was covered in them... It made me so sad.. I was using an organic body oil every day too morning and night and it didn't matter when it came to the end, my body just couldn't take it I guess..

February 11th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to get any from pregnancy, I am only 29 weeks. That being said I have some from puberty so I am not stretch mark free! And I am going to guess half the people who tell you they never got a stretch mark are lying!! lol
February 11th, 2010, 05:06 PM
emmabear's Avatar Super Mommy
I keep wondering if I'm gonna get them. I'm hoping not, obviously.

So far so good at 30 weeks.

I've just started using Bio Oil as a bath oil, then slathering on moisturizer twice a day. It seems to be going well so far, but I think stretch marks are either gonna make an appearance or not, I don't know how much you can really do about it.

Emily

www.themodernmommy.com
February 11th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't *think* I have any yet at 32 weeks, but I don't expect to remain stretch mark free. I have them on my hips from puberty, and my mom got stretch marks while pregnant.

February 11th, 2010, 08:00 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The BTDT moms usually call them their "battle scars" I have them all across my belly on both sides from Kinley...they were pink with her, then they faded where they just blended in with my skin (unless I tanned, then you could see them) they are starting to come back now..but are still flesh colored. I predict they will be pink by the end of this pregnancy.

Just don't stress over them, there's nothing you can do to prevent them--just remember why they are there-because you are getting a beautiful gift that will make you forget all about them once baby is here!

February 11th, 2010, 08:10 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
I have them, and I have them BAd.. but honest to god, especially for someone thinner like you, they probably arent very thick or deep, and if you get your body back in tone, they will be BARELY even noticable!I got mine throughout the whole pregnancy, but I as prone to them before pregnancy too...
February 11th, 2010, 09:54 PM
I shouldn't complain....I have had a very easy pregnancy and you're right-they aren't bad at all....yet! I better watch what I say b.c I still have 2 months left! I know they will be worth it when baby is here, it's just going to take me a little while to accept them!

February 12th, 2010, 01:03 AM
lilflower
You'll still be able to wear a bikini! I have some on my hip/thigh area? from puberty and you can't see them at all unless you start looking for them. I didn't get them on my belly during my last two pregnancies, so I'm hoping not to get any this time around! When the baby comes use a skin firming lotion or a skin tone evening lotion and they won't even be noticeable after a few weeks. Oh and big tip!!! Wear a compression tank top after the baby or get a belly bandit/ postpartum support band. The left over sagging of the skin and weight of the flesh underneath can cause them too!
February 12th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know how you feel about the stretch mark issue, and I don't think it's vain at all. I also want to be able to feel good about myself even after the baby is born! I know the baby is worth it, but it would still be nice to be able to feel attractive

Anyway, I am about a week and half behind you and I noticed my first stretch mark about a week ago...on my butt! Since then, several more have popped up on my tushie, but that's about it. I'm hoping it stays that way. My sister told me she was the same way. Got them on her butt first, then the inside of her thighs and didn't have any on her belly UNTIL after she delivered my 1st niece and noticed 2 right below her belly button. I'm thinking those appeared after because, as liliflower said, of the weight of her skin once the baby was out.

LOVE my siggy, thank you Meganpixel!!!!!!

Last edited by Brannyt; February 12th, 2010 at 07:40 AM.
February 12th, 2010, 07:44 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
With rhianna i did not get my first stretch mark until 35 weeks, i did so well until then, i was really really upset and bummed out about it i only ended up getting about 20 in the end mostly on my hips.

With lacey they all came at once and didn't stop, they were (still are...) all over my belly, hips and legs, boobs! i am one big walking stretch mark now lmao

I have just learn't to live with it now, i know its not nice and they do make you feel ugly but after the kids came along i didn't really care what i looked like anyway and i would never wear a bikini now so i just try to get on with it as best as i can and cover up where i can

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (32)
together for 11 years married for 5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

February 13th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Lilflower....thanks for the advice! I am registered for a belly bandit and if I don't get it I am buying it for myself! I have heard amazing things about them!

February 13th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am also getting a belly bandit to help out Can't wait to use it!

February 13th, 2010, 12:16 PM
lilflower
Belly Bandit's are REALLY worth it. I know it's not fair because some people think they will get them no matter what, but a friend of mine and I had our DDs about 2 weeks apart, I wore mine, she didn't. She ended up with the stretch marks after because the skin wasn't properly supported. And they even make your back feel better! (The bandit lol)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search