Ok....Britax Roundabout or Marathon

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2010, 04:06 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know there are a few others but after hearing from you girls and doing research online these 2 seats seem to be the ones that get the highest ratings....except for the Bouelvard but that is too pricey!

Help me decide between these two. The Roundabout is less expensive, but the weight limit is 40 lbs instead of the 65 lb weight limit with the Boulevard. But I read that once your child is 40 lbs he can be in a booster seat anyway, so does this really matter?

My other concern is size. I have a Ford Edge so size might not matter, but my husband has a 2 door Honda Civic! Not getting rid of it anytime soon either. Once we buy a convertible seat it has to stay in one car though right? Or can we switch it out? I am wondering because the way our daycare situation will work out is he will be going back and forth some days to my moms and some days to DH's moms and it makes sense for us to take him in our different cars due to work schedule, plus I cant drive a stick and my DH has a stick.

Are we just going to have to figure the car situation out get one seat, or would we be able to switch it between our 2 cars? If we can switch it, then do we need to go with the Roundabout b.c it is smaller?

Am I making any sense?

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

February 11th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a 2 door Civic and we have a Britax Boulevard, which is same size as the Marathon and it fit fine. The person riding in the passenger seat was a little scrunched up though. And you can switch the convertible car seats between cars, you just have to re-install every time. But it only takes me a few minutes to install mine when we carpool with friends, etc, so not a huge deal.

I would get the Marathon over the Roundabout because of the higher weight limits. I'm not planning on putting Lily in a booster when she hits 40lbs, I just want to keep her in the car seat as it is safer. There is some good info at the Car Seat Safety board about this.

February 11th, 2010, 05:18 PM
sweatshirtgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
We have a Marathon and a Regent. The Regent goes up to 80 pounds. It's definitely safer to have them in an actual seat rather than a booster for as long as possible...with a 5 point harness. My 7 year old is 50 pounds and she's in the Regent and will be for as long as possible. So I'd go with the Marathon.

We have a mini van with lots of room, so I'm no help on the sizing, unfortunately. But like the last person said, you can move them from car to car, although we don't like to since we get it professionally installed to make sure it's in right (and we have no reason to move them usually!)

Visit my etsy store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/drurylanedesigns
February 11th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would get the Marathon personally. Lily wont be in a booster seat ever...she will stay in a 5 point harness seat until she is old enough so sit normally in the back seat. I have a 4 door civic and can easily fit two Marathons in my back seat (and will be doing so in the next year.) It doesn't tank terribly long to switch the seat out between vehicles, but it isn't ultra convenient, especially in a 2 door car. I would really look into trying to have a seat permanently installed in each of your cars. Lily has one that stays put in 4 different cars right now.
February 11th, 2010, 05:26 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The Marathon it is!! Maybe we will get lucky and someone will buy it for us and then we can just buy one for the other car

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

February 11th, 2010, 05:48 PM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
ditto everybody else!

although you can turn a baby forward facing at one year and 20 lbs it is actually safer to keep them rear facing for as long as possible. Same with forward facing in an actual car seat rather than a booster seat.
February 11th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have one of each, and I will get a boulevard or a marathon when I buy the other one we are getting in the fall for this one. I will move my younger son into the new seat, so he can have the one with bigger seat, and by time they all outgrow them, I will have one big enough for her until she outgrows them all. So A roundabout is working for us, especally where we are passing it down, and it will be years ( like they it will expire before she ever hits the weight limit if she is like my boys.. my youngest is 26 months and still only 26 lbs... and my older one is 4 and 36 lbs) So if you are having more than this one, you could pass the roundabout down and get a higher limit at that time

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search