We have a snow day today!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At 11 pm last night our school decided to delay starting until 10 am this morning. So they called us all at 11 last night Dh had to be up at 3:30 this morning to go to work so he wasn't impressed at all. All the other schools in our area made the decision at 7 pm last night which IMO is a suitable hour to be calling people. Anyway they called back at 6 am this morning to say that they decided to close instead.

If the snow ever melts which it's supposed to by noon then I'm going to town to get paint for the nursery and maybe even my crib!!! I can't wait!

Meanwhile that means they cancelled the Valentine's party they were having at school today so I have all these COOKIES sitting here in my face. They aren't going to last until Monday, I just know it!

February 12th, 2010, 09:47 AM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow I've never heard of a school calling parents! Esp that late at night! We always just had to listen to the radio or watch the tv to see if our school was delayed or cancelled.

So far all the snow is melting right now...big chunks keep falling off the roof! The schools here were delayed til 10...DH said the roads were salted this morning when he went to work..but my parents live on a highway and county road--not sure how bad it is out there! (Oh we did have some business last night at the steak house..made $470! LOL )

Our electricity went out at 11 last night....just as DH was getting Kinley out of the bath (thank goodness he was home-he worked til 10)....and it stayed off til 2..came back on for a few min, then was off again til 8/9 this morning!

February 12th, 2010, 10:17 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My daughters school calls for everything. They have recorded messages that go out weekly and more often if it's urgent.

We got a call last night too that school was closed due to dangerous driving conditions. We had an 80% chance of snow. Snow sure does look alot like rain...lol.

I think it's cool because we're in Florida, I've only seen snow here once when I was a kid. It may still turn to snow today, but I doubt it. It was sooo nice sleeping in though!!
February 12th, 2010, 10:23 AM
croutonluver2's Avatar Veteran
Marcia...where in Fl are you? Up north? I live in Largo and all we're getting is RAIN I wish we were getting all the snow up north is. I saw pics from my dad's house in PA and it's soooo beautiful! I wish it would snow here. I think if the north has snow days then we should too!

February 12th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteName View Post
My daughters school calls for everything. They have recorded messages that go out weekly and more often if it's urgent.

We got a call last night too that school was closed due to dangerous driving conditions. We had an 80% chance of snow. Snow sure does look alot like rain...lol.

I think it's cool because we're in Florida, I've only seen snow here once when I was a kid. It may still turn to snow today, but I doubt it. It was sooo nice sleeping in though!!
That's what our school does! It's a prerecorded message and they call for absolutely EVERYTHING. Every athletic event, every major holiday, major test dates, early release dates, etc. etc. It can be quite annoying sometimes.

February 12th, 2010, 10:31 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're in the panhandle near Pensacola, Fl. It's just yucky and cold.

Amanda...yeah they do the same thing. H1N1 shots, school photos, etc. I hang up on them alot. It is helpful though when they have an early release day that I forgot about...I'm so bad at keeping up with those.

OH and I forgot to mention Hubbie's work got cancelled. They can't fly in this yuck. So he got to sleep in too...AND then he woke up and made breakfast which he NEVER does. Great day so far!
February 12th, 2010, 12:49 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our local schools were closed but DH had to go to work. Me and Kinley went out and played in the snow for a while--she LOVES to eat it! LOL There was more on the ground that I thought there was!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search