Another clothes question

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I originally posted this on the clothes picture thread but I thought I'd repost it here

I went out and got a few more things today, just a couple more sleepers and onesies and i found the cutest little nb sweater on sale for like $4. But I just had a question. I have pretty much nothing 3-6 and up because I'm not sure what I should be buying. I know I'll still need onsies and stuff but should I be buying summer things or looking for things for the fall? I'm so confused!! What is everyone else doing?

February 13th, 2010, 06:38 PM
k8liz311's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's really hard to know until the baby is here. I bought my son all 3-6 and 6-9 in a future season when I had him.. and he ballooned up! He was wearing 12 months by 3 months. But then other kids were in 0-3 months for close to 9 months. This time around, I'm waiting until he's here to buy the bigger sizes. I have some things left over from my son, so I at least have a few things but I think they'll be the wrong season since my son was born in November.
Maybe others will have a better response. My kid was abnormally big!!

February 13th, 2010, 06:45 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't buy too far ahead, you never know at what rate baby will grow. My 2 year old is in 12-18months.

February 13th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have bought big because many people told me babies are usually a little ahead of their ages.... so a 6 month old might wear 3-6 months or 6-9 months... so i have a fairly substantial supply all the way up to 12 months. HOWEVER, heh, guess the jokes on me since i have a teeeeeeny tiny baby! Lol! I had to go back and add newborn stuff to my registry since i handnt planned to get much(besides a few onesies)!

February 13th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't buy ahead. I didn't with Max and I'm glad I didn't. He was always behind in sizes. He's starting to catch up. Right now he's 18 months and wears mostly 12 months and can wear some 18 months. But he also has some shorts in 6-9 that he can still wear.

We didn't buy him nb at first because I didn't think it'd last. Instead the 0-3 didn't fit until he was almost 3 months.

Plus where I live, we might be wearing sweaters in the winter...or we might be wearing shorts, there's no telling.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

February 13th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Where I live summer lasts from April thru November and it is hot (90-100+ temps), so I bought 3-6 months clothes that are summery. I haven't really bought ahead for more then 3-6 months though.

Lily has always been pretty true to size for clothing, so she started wearing 3-6 months at around 3 months of age. She's 18mo now and wears 12-18 or 18-24.

It also depends on the brands you buy since some run small (Gerber) and others run larger.

February 13th, 2010, 08:08 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
I bought a few summer things that were size 3-6 and started panicking about it because I have no clue how she's going to grow! So, I'm not buying anything else but what I essentially need after the babyshower, until she gets here and I figure out how fast or slow she grows.. my DS grew VERY quickly.. I know that 6-9 will be heavier clothing regardless because by sept-april/may its chilly here, so its a longer time of pants and long sleeves, but size 0-3 and size 3-6 I have no clue until she gets here lol
February 13th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! We usually only have a few months of summer here, I would probably say maybe June-September so I just don't know. I'll just hold off on getting 3-6 now until it gets a bit closer, except maybe a few onsies and sleepers and then just take it from there. At least that's how I'm feeling at this exact moment...haha!
February 13th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd just wait until baby comes that way you'll know for sure what sizes you'll be needing.

February 13th, 2010, 08:25 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sooooo depends on the baby! Our boy almost always ran big so they'd be in 6 month clothing a couple months ahead of turning 6 months. But our girls were always smaller and ran fairly true to size or a size behind.
This time since we're having a girl I have bought things expecting them to be true to size. I have only bought for the spirn and summer. I'll wait and make sure my theory is correct before picking up things for fall and winter!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
February 14th, 2010, 07:26 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
We didn't buy ahead for Kaija eventhough it would have saved tons of money. We just didn't know how she would grow! She was in 18m clothes for her first birthday and has been in 2T since she was 18 months! So we'll see how Kolbie grows as well. Hopefully about the same so we can reuse a lot of Kaija's clothes and the seasons line up okay! We'll probably need some smaller summer clothes though for the beginning... we'll see!
February 14th, 2010, 10:13 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've bought some things ahead if they were on really great clearance prices. I got four pair of 18 month pants for $1 each.

Other than that I've just bought newborn and 3-6 month things that are good for summer, it's always hot here. I was hesitant to buy too many newborn things because I usually have babies that are almost 7 pounds, so I figured 3-6 month stuff will always work and I can get more newborn things if the baby ends up smaller.

I can't see the harm in buying bigger stuff ahead, theyr'e going to get bigger. You can always add a sweater or some pants to a cooler outfit if needed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search