Washing clothes??

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I'm thinking about starting to wash my clothes pretty soon, but I had heard somewhere that you should use special detergent that is easier on the babies skin. I was at BRU today and they had this special stuff (can't remember the name but it's in a pink bottle) but it was freaking expensive. What does everyone else use? My MIL told me to use Ivory detergent but I can't find it anywhere. I know there are alot of hypoallergenic and scent free detergents out there so is that what we should be using?? So confused!
February 13th, 2010, 05:33 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For my first few babies, I always did their wash in Dreft. But now, honestly, I just use the same detergent I use for everyone else. I never had any issues but if my babies had really sensitive skin, then I probably would use something like dreft or Ivory

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
February 13th, 2010, 05:47 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use this for the entire family..

Amazon.com: Earth Friendly Products Ecos Liquid Laundry Detergent, Magnolia & Lily, 100-Ounce Bottle (Pack of 4): Grocery

It is all natural and non-toxic.

February 13th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I did use a baby detergent for a little while when I had my first ds. But after reading up on it, it's only really necessary if the baby has sensitive skin, so from then on I just used the family detergent and I will do the same for this baby from the very beginning.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
February 13th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When Max was first born I used All -Free and Clear. But now I just use whatever we use. If the baby is that sensitive s/he will be bothered by the detergent on your clothes when you hold them.

Anyway, I'll just use whatever we are using and if it bothers her I'll switch to All Free & Clear and then Dreft if that doesn't work. But why spend the extra money if you don't need to.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

February 13th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have Dreft because my step daughter has super super sensitive skin, plus with Michael being tiny we figured the gentler the better for him so we're using it for both of them.

February 13th, 2010, 06:19 PM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
with my first i used Dreft for the 1st couple of loads, but then i realized that it was okay to use whatever we used. like everyone else said, as long as they don't have super sensitive skin, it will be okay using what you use.
February 13th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I only used Dreft with Lily because we got a few bottles at baby showers. Once we ran out I just switched to whatever we were using (varies between Ecos, Method, and Tide).

February 13th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My ds had horrible skin allergies. With him all I could use was a detergent free of dyes and Perfumes. All Free and Clear is excellent for this. I had to wash ALL my laundry in this otherwise his skin would break out just from laying against our clothing.

February 13th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm using on the baby whatever we use! I figure if its that harmful, I'll know if she breaks out.
TTC #2 (6/2015): Sept 2015 - EP @ 5 weeks, lost right tube
Mar 2016 - EP, MTX
July 2016 - CP
IVF - Jan/Feb 2017
ER (2/2)- 14 retrieved ALL mature; 12 fertilized normally
ET (2/7) - xfer 1 5AA blast, 8 5AA/5AB frozen
BFP @ 3.5dp5dt **Stick Baby Stick***
1st Beta (2/21) ): 3768!!!2nd Beta (2/23): 7313!!!U/S (3/3): 1 Bop @ 111bpm! U/S (3/13): 150bpm Baby Boy Due Date: 10/26/17
February 14th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Super Mommy
I'm just using what we are using for our clothes and for her cloth diapers. Tide. I am adding an extra rinse for her clothes/diapers though.
February 14th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wash Lily's clothes with the same Tide that we use and have never had a problem. I will wash this baby's stuff with ours to start and would only switch to something else if he had a reaction
February 14th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Super Mommy
always just used tide for all of us without any problem... if they ended up having an allergy then id switch to something else but that never happened.
February 14th, 2010, 07:28 PM
shanna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my DD I used All free & Clear for awhile. This time I've just washed about 4-5 loads of baby clothes and just used our normal ALL so I hope this baby isn't allergic since we've not had any issues with DD.
February 15th, 2010, 07:00 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Dreft or baby detergent because it smells good Plus for the first few months, there is enough clothes to make a full load of just baby's clothes....so I just wash them separately. Once she gets to 6 months or so I start washing them with our clothes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search