Baby's being quiet today... Heavy lifting hurt something?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2010, 10:59 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
And I'm trying not to worry. He moved here and then yesterday, but I had a hard time getting 10 kicks counted into any given hour. At his most active times, he'd kick maybe four or five times. And now today, he wasn't active when I woke up, which is another one of his active times, and it's kind of making me go crazy. lol...

Since he's still moving, just not as much, should I worry? I know all of us have had our quiet days, so I guess I just need reassurance... I'm worried that I hurt something with all my cleaning (which did involve some heavy lifting/pulling...).

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
February 14th, 2010, 11:42 AM
lilflower
No need to worry He could just be really sleepy from all the energy you exerted! I know if I actually get up and do things that I'm not supposed to my LO just kind of gets rocked to sleep.
February 14th, 2010, 12:12 PM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My little girl was pretty active yesterday, but today she's been somewhat quiet. Every now and then I'll feel a poke. She has her active days and her inactive days. If you feel no movement at all (no pokes or prodes) over a period of time (several hours) then I'd be concerned. You could always go up to L&D and ask to get monitored. It would help you with your stress.
February 14th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I'm trying not to worry about it. He just gave me a few painfully hard kicks, so it helped ease my mind some. LoL

But I had no idfea what the real risks were involved in heavy lifting, so after looking into it today, I really scared myself. I thought it was only worrisome to the mother, or if you felt contractions. I didn't know that it could cause placental abruption or even uterine rupture. That's so scary! I feel like such an idiot now after moving the heavy computer desk to the other room all by myself, AND moving the dresser, AND the little bookshelf... I just don't know what came into me. DH was at work, and I just NEEDED those things done. I was going crazy nesting! Thankfully everything is done now, and I'm not having any bleeding or major cramping, so I think I'm okay. Caleb's lack of activity worried me, though, so I wanted to make sure that heavy lifting couldn't cause something that I wouldn't automatically be made aware of.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
February 14th, 2010, 01:37 PM
lilflower
Placental abruption and uterine rupture will give warning signs. Extreme pain and blood. I wouldn't worry about those things, because chances are you cannot lift the amount of weight that would cause them unless you are at risk due to a current SCH or anything like that. Just take it easy and talk to Caleb and see how things go. Definitely go in if you are worried though. *(hugs)*
February 14th, 2010, 01:41 PM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
Ditto to what the other ladies said. Kalon is super active one day...then I barley feel him the next. Also could be going thru a nice big growth spurt

But......no more moving big stuff!!!! lol I know how it is though..when you want something done you just want it done.

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

February 14th, 2010, 01:51 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
I second Lil on what she said Krissy!! They get tuckered out when we blow off tons of energy so he is most likely just chillin out today!!! The kick counts say between 20 and 200 times a day so he doesn't necessarily have to be moving 10 times every hour. Plus with your placenta, he is probably moving more times than you realize Good job being a diligent Mommy!!!! Now treat both of you to some rest today!!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!
February 14th, 2010, 02:01 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't worry....my LO has days where I barely feel much at all, and others where I feel a lot. I think if you strained/pulled something bad enough to hurt the baby you would have felt it when it happened and been in serious pain. Also, you probably would have some warning signs letting you know something was going on. I'm sure your little one is fine and just sleeping a lot!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

February 14th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the reassurances, ladies! I just laid down on my left side after drinking some soda and eating a cookie, and I FINALLY got about 10 movements. I won't worry unless tomorrow goes the same way as today did.

And no more heavy lifting, I promise! While I'm super glad that those things are done now and out of the way, I would never forgive myself if something were to happen to my son. So, from now on I'm leaving any heavy lifting up to DH.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
February 14th, 2010, 06:23 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
I am happy you Finally got the 10 kicks.. Try not to stress.... AND Def let your husband do all the lifting!!!

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
February 14th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with everyone else. I know for the past 2 days she hasnt moved much. Scared me the 1st day b/c normally at night she's a squirmer and I can normally feel her shifting and moving most of all day. I had to use the u/s monitor to make sure she was ok. But I think she's switched positions and maybe turned around so I dont feel her too much but today she's more active (not like normal) but I'll take it.

Somedays the baby is more tired than others.
February 14th, 2010, 07:19 PM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
This happened to me this week, too! Friday night I was about ready to head to L & D because I couldn't get her to kick for hours. DH finally said, why don't you drink some apple juice and see if that helps get her moving. I wasn't convinced it would do anything since I'd just eaten dinner a few hours before and had a couple glasses of lemonade. Of course he was right and after a few minutes she was bouncing around. Now, Saturday and Sunday she's barely stopped moving. I'm glad everyone else goes through the quiet days... that recent kick count post really freaked me out!

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
February 14th, 2010, 07:24 PM
shanna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I freak out about once a week because one day this little girl is super active and then she's not active at all the next day.
February 14th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I'm glad we can all freak out together! Makes me feel better. He's quiet AGAIN, but he's already kicked a lot for me, so I'm going to stop poking him for the night. lol

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search