My Valentine's Day Present - pic heavy!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Mommyof3Hoppers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommyof3Hoppers
My hubby is amazing! We have been discussing what we wanted to do for the baby's room and decided that we would start working on it after Valentine's Day. Well, I now know why he wanted to wait until then! My Valentine's Day present was that he did the baby room for me! The room that we were going to redo as our new guest bedroom he actually turned into the new nursery! Originally for the past couple of weeks he told me that he wanted to surprise me with the new guest room and also use that room to "build" my valentines day present. So I agreed and have stayed out of that room for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Well, instead of making it a guest room he made it the nursery and surprised me with it this morning. I started sobbing as soon as I walked in because it just looks better than I ever could have imagined it to look!

Here's how it all started...4 weeks ago I went to the fabric store because my mother in law offered to make our crib bedding for us. I picked out the materials, colors and the pattern that I wanted for the nursery and sent the swatches to her. Then DH brought up the idea of doing the guest room on his own so I agreed. (It all seems so obvious now! Lol!) We have two available rooms and I of course wanted the bigger room to be the nursery but dh told me that he measured the queen size bed for the guest room and it wouldn't fit in the smaller of the two rooms. I then came to the realization that the small room would be the nursery so I never even imagined that the bigger room would be my surprise! I guess that's how he got away with it! So my dh has been working hard the past couple of weeks to get this room done for me and so has his mom! She still hasn't finished the bumper pad, diaper bag, diaper stacker and one more set of curtains. She got the basics done in time for the big reveal today. So here are some pics I took on my iPhone, the quality isn't the greatest so I will post better ones later! I am so in love with the room it makes me really want to bring our son home to it!

New Crib and Changing Table - has slide out storage underneath and the new bedding

Repainted my rocking chair to match the room and cleaned the cushions

New Curtains and new paint on the walls!

Close up of the quilt

Yes, my dh got me and the baby and LCD tv for those late night nursings! It also has a dvd player! Behind the striped curtain is the closet with his dresser and all of the trim including the crown molding is all new as well!

The paintings on the wall were done by my dh and my two girls. The blank one is for me to paint for the baby! New bookshelf with new monitors, new toys/books and an ocean wonders aquarium sound and lights crib attachment.

Close ups of the paintings. Tom's monkey painting.

Lilly's Turtle Painting - she is 5 years old

Maddy's Elephant Painting - she is 3 years old!

Now I feel a lot more comfortable with the baby arriving since his room is done! I just love this room and can't stop looking at it! I am sitting in my rocking chair now as I am posting this! Oh! I almost forgot! My dh felt bad about not having a present for "me" for valentines day so he bought me a purple netbook, a box of 24 Ferrero Rocher chocolates (my favorite) and a dozen roses too! My new netbook is what I am using to send this post!!! My dh is the most wonderful man on earth! Hope you all are having a great Valentine's Day too!!!

Look me up on Facebook - Meighan Hopper Bloomington, Illinois
February 14th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is a fantastic gift! The nursery looks great and I love the paintings that your DH and girls did!

February 14th, 2010, 01:54 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Woah!!! Your husband is the best!!!!! He did an amazing job and oh so thoughtful! I just told my husband about what he did and he was very impressed! I am jealous of the purple netbook as well!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

February 14th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww what a great present! You must have a wonderful guy there.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

February 14th, 2010, 02:16 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
that is a WONDERFUL present, wow you have such a great man and i must say i am amazed at your girls paintings for being so young!! especially the elephant.. 3 years old wow

February 14th, 2010, 02:23 PM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
that looks awesome! what a Valentine's gift!
February 14th, 2010, 02:30 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
what an amazing gift!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
February 14th, 2010, 02:32 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How wonderful!

February 14th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow how sweet!

Thank you MeganPixel for this Awesome Siggie!
Serenity Cadence: 3/28/06
Scarlett Leighton: 4/7/10
Lap Band Surgery 11/16/10
February 14th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is the sweetest thing! And the paintings are THE BEST part!!

February 14th, 2010, 07:34 PM
shanna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is a great present and I love the paintings the kids did put such a nice memory to have for the years to come.
February 14th, 2010, 07:59 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Wow Meighan!!!! I am so thrilled for you! Your hubby did a FABULOUS job and what a great Valentines day present!!! I'm sure your little boy is gonna love his new room. I think the paintings that they all did are really priceless and such a moving and touching addition to the nursery! I'm so happy for you!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
February 14th, 2010, 08:00 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Awww, that is so wonderful! Your hubby is so great. Such a beautiful Valentine suprise (makes me want to cry thinking of how much effort he must of put into it) Awwww. Tell your hubby he did a great job!
I love the paintings too and that monkey sitting on the changing table is so freakin cute, I want one!
February 15th, 2010, 02:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow you have talented little girls - my almost 3yo wouldn't be able to do anything even close to resembling an elephant! and for that matter, my 4.5 yo probably couldn't either!

what a fantastic surprise

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
February 15th, 2010, 04:36 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
Beautiful and so very thoughtful, you've got a great one there!
February 15th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very cute! They did a great job on those paintings!

February 15th, 2010, 08:02 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's so sweet.

February 15th, 2010, 08:05 AM
ShellieBenson's Avatar Veteran
Okay, you have a GREAAAAAT HUSBAND!!!! I would have cried and cried, how amazingly sweet of him!! The paintings tho are my fave - That would have been the "cry factor" for me - SO SO SO great!!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwe - I just love it. AWESOME colors too, BTW!! It looks awesome with different colored walls and the crown moulding!!!
DS - Luke
DS Matthew Joshua - born 4-19-2010
8:17am | 8lbs 8.6oz | 20 inches long

Family BLOG! http://jeremiahlukematthew.blogspot.com/
~Shellie Benson Photography~
www.shelliebenson.com
February 15th, 2010, 08:10 AM
HopelessP's Avatar Ashlyn's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to HopelessP Send a message via Yahoo to HopelessP
What a wonderful gift. I would've cried so much. Like everyone said, the paintings are wonderful. I love the monkey your hubby did...it's adorable!

This makes me so excited to get my nursery done.

February 15th, 2010, 08:29 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
That's so awesome!!! I'm impressed The paintings are so great, too. What a great surprise!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search