Mooncup?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Mom2twins2010's Avatar AverageMom
This is the first time I've seen or heard of these
Menstrual Cup, Alternative Feminine Hygiene product Mooncup Moon Cup,

Has anyone ever tried it? Feedback? Seems like an interesting alternative to pads and tampons, I might ask my doctor about it at my March 1st appt.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy
February 15th, 2010, 07:02 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some people swear by them. I've never tried anything like that, but I believe my sister uses them (or something similar).

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

February 15th, 2010, 07:09 PM
LaceLuvMomi1's Avatar Rule #2 - Double Tap
Send a message via Yahoo to LaceLuvMomi1
I used the DivaCup before getting pregnant. Pads & tampons gave my UTIs, even when I changed frequently, because of stuff used in them. I like it, and it saves some money.

[link=http://lilyslim.com][img noborder]http://swlf.lilyslim.com/Bz7Jm6.png[/img][/link]
February 15th, 2010, 07:24 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a diva cup user & totally LOVE it.

February 15th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Bekki
I use a Keeper, which was what they made before the Diva cup..I haven't had enough AFs over the years for it to wear out. Anyway, I LOVE my keeper and would never go back to tampons.
February 16th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well I used one called instead I really didn't like it but of course that is when they really first hit the U.S market and you can buy those in the drugstore I haven't tried one since I wonder if they have improved.

February 16th, 2010, 05:12 AM
HeatherLopez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hmmmm never heard of anything like that before
February 16th, 2010, 05:21 AM
alleusion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They have DivaCups in the health store here. I've been contemplating using them when AF returns.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous sig

February 16th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Bekki
i've heard the instead cups are really flimsy and messy. My keeper isn't any messier than a tampon.

oh and when I had to buy pads for after Nattie was born, I told dh this was a great reason to use my keeper..those things are EXPENSIVE!!!
February 16th, 2010, 01:19 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
instead cups are not the same as diva mooncup or keeper... theyre disposable if im not mistaken

nak

February 16th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
Yeah, I used Instead cups and I was super disappointed...plus they sit at your cervix whereas the Divacup does not. I'm ordering one soon. I'm not familiar at all with the others.

~~~~~~
February 16th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
I use the DivaCup. Love it. Would never EVER use tampons again.

February 16th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
Just ran across a great website on all these cups: Reusable Menstrual Products

~~~~~~

Last edited by Sally5; February 16th, 2010 at 02:24 PM.
February 16th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never heard of this!!

Doesn't it hurt when you remove it?
That's my only concern

February 16th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazona View Post
I never heard of this!!

Doesn't it hurt when you remove it?
That's my only concern
Not at all. It's easy to insert and to take out (feels about the same as inserting and removing a tampon), and I don't feel it at all when it's in. It took a cycle or two to get the hang of it, but once I figured it out and which fold I liked the best, it was super easy after that. It holds much more than a tampon holds, there's no risk of TSS, and I can leave it in all day and not worry about it. It doesn't have any of the chemicals that tampons or disposable pads have, so it's healthier than those. The DivaCup lasts for about 10 years before you'd need to replace it, so it's a HUGE money saver. It's also much better for the environment than tampons or disposable pads.

It is slightly less convenient to change it in public than a tampon... however, you probably won't even have to worry about it as it holds more than a tampon and you can keep it in all day. Though, should I need to change it in public, I just carry a squirt bottle with water in it to clean it out over the toilet (I use the peri bottles I got from the hospital), then wipe it out with some TP or a cloth wipe (I cloth diaper, so I usually have plenty of cloth wipes on me, lol), and insert. Slightly less convenient than a tampon in that respect, but like I said, you usually wouldn't have to change it in public anyways.

February 16th, 2010, 03:36 PM
vincentsmom
I had never even heard of such things till you asked this. haha I am very intrigued and I think I might have to order one next month if I can. Hopefully af will hold off till then but I doubt it. haha
February 16th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The idea of this really grossed me out.... until I read that the average period only releases 2-4 oz of blood. It seems like a LOT more than that when you're going through it!

Major
February 16th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Mom2twins2010's Avatar AverageMom
Well, I stopped by the pharmacy and they carry Diva Cup... it's $34.99 I'm gonna wait to get it because I have no idea when AF will visit since I'm exclusively breastfeeding, but it's on my list of things to try before I die.

OMG Sally, that website you posted, she actually took pictures of it filled with her blood *eww* I didn't need to see that

Thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy
December 10th, 2011, 01:30 PM
megpie
So many minds have changed on this subject since this post! Hehehe!
December 10th, 2011, 10:35 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very true! I have been trying to convert all my friends! Ha

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search