What's going on with you?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
What steps are you taking to lose weight?
Are you keeping a food/exercise journal since we haven't been doing our daily logs on JM?
What type of scale are you using for weigh-ins?
How are you feeling about your weight loss so far?
Any issues?

For me-

I was dieting on my own but joined WW online yesterday. I am also doing 5 or 10 mins on the elliptical each day (not enough, I know)

Are you keeping a food/exercise journal since we haven't been doing our daily logs on JM?

I wasn't, but with WW online I am

A rinky-dink old fashioned scale with the dial...it isn't very reliable and I need to get a digital one

FRUSTRATED!!! Every time I start to lose weight I start losing my milk supply! I just want all the weight off right now

Any issues?
Yes, the whole milk supply thing. DH says I diet either all or nothing - and he's right. I just can't find a good middle ground. I'm either starving myself or eating whatever. I stopped dieting last Thurs because of milk supply and decided I had to do something to find that middle ground. That's why I joined WW yesterday Wish me luck!

~~~~~~

Last edited by Sally5; March 4th, 2010 at 07:17 AM.
March 4th, 2010, 07:53 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*

WW online, and walking as much as I can. Planning on bringing out the Wii Fit this weekend and getting it set up. Sally- my user id on WW is ldycopper if you are on the message boards. I'm not on much cause I can't do it from work.

yep- WW- I love the iPhone app

Just got a new digital one- it's a cheapy from Wally World but it works.

Actually pretty good right now. I bought giant fat pants last week cause I could not get inot my pre-pregnancy fat pants. As of today I'm in my pre-pregnancy fat pants.

Any issues?
Wish it was faster.

March 4th, 2010, 08:27 AM
bright future's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm using the Lose It iPhone app. It tells me how many calories to eat based on my goal of 1/2 lb weight loss per week (I set it like that because it has no setting to account for breastfeeding). I eat about 2150 calories/day, which is quite a lot of food. It's equivalent to roughly 42 points per day on ww. The weight seems to be coming off and I'm not having trouble withy milk.

Sally I recomment you deliberately eat every point ww will allow for nursing mothers.
March 4th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
Thanks, Michelle...that's what I'm trying to do now. I get 32 points each day with 35 extra flex points for the week.

~~~~~~
March 5th, 2010, 03:53 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bright future View Post
Sally I recomment you deliberately eat every point ww will allow for nursing mothers.
Ditto that...and it actually DOES feel like a lot of food.

I'm doing WW online and trying to squeeze in exercise when I can...I have a couple of workout DVDs, or we go on walks, or I dance around with Gracie in the living room if she's fussy. Since I started actively trying to lose the weight, I've been losing an average of 1.5lbs per week and haven't had any issues with milk supply yet. My problem this week has been that Grace didn't want to be put down much at all, and was extra fussy--I think she may not have been feeling well. So I wasn't able to get on WW at all, and I a couple of days I really didn't eat all that much because I just had to eat what I could grab here and there. I also really was only able to exercise a couple of times. BUT...overall I think I'm happy with the weight loss..just wish that it could be faster. But I know it is best not to rush it. I do need to focus on eating more protein, too.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 5th, 2010, 07:57 AM
adam*s_mami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am doing p90x workout and counting my calories on myfitnesspal.com eating a high protein almost no carb diet but I am not nursing so it is easier from me to diet than you guys I give you ladies credit!! P90x is awesome btw I am so sore all the time but it feels good and I have lost 3 lbs in a week in a half and my body is tightening up more and more everyday!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search