We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
So I posted on my facebook status looking for thoughts earlier, but I didn`t get many so what do you think...
I am pregnant with number 4 as most of you probably already know. I was induced with boy my boys. With my daughter I went into labor the day before I was due. I was induced at 38w5d or so with LJ and 40 weeks with Rock.
I don`t have anybody here to watch the kids while I have this baby. I`m trying to minimize the time my dad has to come down here, so how much b4 my due date do you think I NEED to make sure he is here?
Ooo that is a tough call.
Do you plan on being induced with this child? If you are thinking so, see if you can talk to your doctor on setting a specific date and have your dad come down a day or two before. If you want to go into labor on your own, I would have him come down a few days before your due date, since you went into labor on your own so close to your due date. Granted you could also go into labor a week or 2 before your due date. IDK darlin'.
Amelia: Wife to Ryan, Mama to Harleigh, with a boy on the way
I'd like to go on my own, especially since I'd like to let Dad come later in the month. I was thinking I might tell him to come down around my son's birthday, which is the 5th which is still 11 days before my due date, and that sounds like a long time for him to be here, especially since I'd really like to go on my own and I could easily go overdue cuz what we know is one time I went to the day before my due date. One time I went to my due date and who knows WHEN I would have finally gone into labor, and the third time I lost my mind earlier, but still I made it within 9 days, so it seems likely I'll make it that far again, to me. On the other hand I've been looking at the large families board for a bit now and I notice they all seem to have ONE that didn't cooperate and came early...like way early, but I know I can't plan for that if that happens...Idk what to do, I'm so lost here.
That's a tough one cuz baby will come whenever baby decides to. For me, with my first, my water broke 6 days before my due date. So with my second, I figured I would go early. She decided otherwise and my water broke 4 days after her due date!
I think what I would do is ask the doctor how long they will let you go overdue before inducing. And then figure it out from there. And I think if it were me I would make sure your dad is there a week before your due date if it is feasible for him to be there that long. HTH
__________________ **I am an Army Wife, you may see me struggle, but you will NEVER see me fall! HOOAH!**
Well, I'm not at all interested in the after my due date part, if I go that long, he'll just have to be here long...my worry is if I go earlier than expected. I'm expecting to get pretty darn close to my due date (or after it even) but if I say to my dad "Well, I won't have her before 39 weeks for sure, you don't need to be here any before that" and then I go into labor at 38 weeks, I'll feel pretty dumb. It is an awful long drive to make in a hurry, lol. I can't exactly call him and say "BTW, I'm in labor." Cuz by the time I'd be sure it was labor, it'd be too late.
I would tell him that you expect you could potentially go into labour at any point from 37 weeks onward - and that going by your past pregnancies, it'd be more 38-40 weeks... Does he need to get time off work or anything like that? If not, you could just judge it a bit closer to the time - like if you're showing signs that you might go early, arrange for him to come earlier... and the same for if you get to 39 weeks & aren't showing any signs that things are happening, arrange for him to come a little bit closer to your EDD... Obviously if he has to take time off work, it's a whole different story....
I really don't know.. I'm ahving a c/s so I guess it's something I don't have to worry about - infact it's one of the reasons I am having a c/s... because my parents & sister both need 4+ weeks notice to get time off work.... & it's easier if they have an actual date...
That is a tough call.. Because you could potentially go into labor at any point...
With my first, my water broke on its own at 38 weeks, and my daughter was born at 37 weeks .
When is your next doc appt? Maybe you could consult your doc as to when she thinks it might happen and as time gets closer if your are looing more and more favorable, then she might be able to suggest a good time. Other than that, the safest bet, for me is to give him a date when you are 37-37 1/2 weeks pregnant and ask him to be there.... Sorry I am not any better at offering advice.
Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!