EPO pills

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2010, 08:11 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started EPO today, but I'm only going to be taking the pills orally. I was hoping someone else here might be taking or might have taken them, and would be able to help me out with a question...

On the bottle, it says to take 2 pills, 3 times a day with meals. I'm guessing that the instructions on the bottle won't overdose you, but having to take 6 pills a day made me curious... How many do/did you take each day?

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
March 4th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I take 3 pills orally to total 1500mg per day. It's the same regimen that I did with Lily and it's what is recommended by my midwives. They said I can also do a few more pills vaginally if I want, but I haven't yet.

March 4th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SailorsWife
I don't know but I'm going to start taking them here shortly so when you get an answer please let me know! lol

Forever Missing Our 4 Angel Babies... Forever Missed, Always Loved
March 4th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I havent started yet but I plan on taking 2 orally (1000 mg) and 1 vaginally
March 5th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was told 1-2 1000mg capsules orally and 1 1000mg capsule vaginally.

March 5th, 2010, 04:53 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I started out at 2 pills orally, and then upped it as I got closer to my due date.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
March 5th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Jennifer-Jacob's Mommy's Avatar Mega Momma
Send a message via MSN to Jennifer-Jacob's Mommy
what is these pills and what do they do?

March 5th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
EPO stands for Evening Primrose Oil. They are vitamins you can take that are supposed to help soften the cervix.

You can buy them at walmart.

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

March 5th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Super Mommy
Be careful with self-inducing!! I did EPO (vaginally) along with black cohosh by mouth with ds at exactly 37 weeks and went into labor that very night. My body wasn't ready though and I had a very very long 36 hour labor that I ended up needing pitocin to progress past 5. I told myself NEVER AGAIN!
March 5th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
EPO is not self inducing. It will not put you in labor, it will just help prep your cervix for labor.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

March 5th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Super Mommy
Well, the mixture of the two caused contractions, my water broke (high leak), but my body was absolutely NOT ready.

All I'm saying is to be careful because taking things, even "safe" herbal supplements CAN cause early labor even if your body isn't fully ready for it.

This time I'm going to take more of the sit and wait approach instead of trying to force my cervix to soften before it's naturally ready. My birth experience with my son was NOT one that I'd like to repeat and I have not one doubt in my mind that it was caused by my taking herbal supplements. Just my experience, take it as you will...
March 5th, 2010, 07:07 AM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
I just said "OMG, she's 36wks!" Like really loud and my BF and his brother turned around and were like. Im sorry, I just cannot wrap my mind around the fact that some of you ladies are like THERE already! I am so beyond jealous!
Okay, back to the ?. I've never taken EPO but I think Im gonna look into it when we go out today. I'll stop at walmart. When can you start taking it anyways?
Im a totally fan of sex to help you make progress. I went into labor with my youngest dd 10 minutes after having sex. After going the whole day with no contractions I had sex and just as I laid down my uterus started tensing up. So I know it just wasnt a coincidence. I will definately be doing that again after I hit 38 weeks.
March 5th, 2010, 08:04 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'll probably take EPO this time. I bought some last time and then went into labor the next day without actually taking any. I had also started drinking red raspberry leaf tea the week before.
March 5th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Niema!

Oh my gosh, I'm taking ALOT compared to all of you ladies! I was just going with the 6 pills a day that the bottle recommended, but maybe I should cut back to 2 or 3? I'm not planning on doing any vaginally...I know it helps, but I just don't want to for my own reasons.

What would you recommend?

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
March 5th, 2010, 08:10 AM
It wont hurt to take 6. I started at 28 weeks with my last two pregnancies and by 36 weeks I was on full dosage.

March 5th, 2010, 08:11 AM
emmabear's Avatar Super Mommy
I started this already, I know it's early but I checked with my OB and he sees no problem. I'm taking 1000 mg orally and I've actually noticed that my skin looks amazing. I've also started drinking Mother to Be tea, which is apparently safe throughout pregnancy, and I will probably start Raspberry Leaf a bit later on and up the EPO intake.

I've definitely been getting more BH contractions but I don't think it's related. I think our bodies are just starting to get prepared.

Emily

www.themodernmommy.com
March 5th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm planning to start EPO next Thursday, when I'm 36 weeks. My midwife said to take it orally (no mention of vaginally, though I know many women do). Not sure how much I'll be taking, though!

March 5th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Ok, I'll stick to 6 pills!

I'm going to be starting RRL today, if I can find it at the health food store in pill form. I just don't think I can do the tea.

Visit
March 5th, 2010, 09:12 AM
lilflower
The tea is actually really good!
March 5th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Lily, if I can't find the pills and buy the tea and can't stand it, should I send it to you?

Visit

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search