Vent

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't want to offend anyone, and if I do I am sorry.

I didn't know that once you became a mother you got your MD as well...
This is not a jab at any of the moms here. AT ALL!

But more like the girls I went to high school with that have kids. I had put on my FB that I wasn't really feeling too great and someone asked what was going on.

I explained that since this afternoon I was really warm, short of breath, racing heart (usually normal for me now) and it felt like an ice cube was stuck in my throat. It was so hard to even explain how I was feeling.

I figured today was just an icky pregnancy day. Well all these girls I went to high school with that have kids are telling me to call my doctor and get checked out and blah blah blah. One even was like it could be preeclampsia, it can come one quick ya know, but I don't want to scare you. Yes I know all about preeclampsia. I went to school to be a medical assistant and have worked on the birth center and done a lot of reading. Hello?!

Well then anoher girl messages me and insistes that I have preeclampsia. Yea thats great lady, when did you become a doctor? And she basically made me feel stupid because I refuse to call my doctor. I'm not dying, bleeding, or contracting. I'm not going to call my doctor to see what he thinks. I can call in the morning. Sheesh!

And DH was like did she really tell you that preeclampsia can onset suddenly? Doesn't she know your medical background?

People just irritate me lately. Yes I have some "signs and symptoms" of preeclampsia, but so far no protein in my urine and my blood pressure hasn't been high... I am not worried.

Am I being stupid because I am not worried?
March 4th, 2010, 08:23 PM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
not at all. I say good on you for sticking your ground. I lmao at some women and the things they freak out over. (nothing about you ladies here ofcourse, im talking about the women who are on their 1st babies and freaking out about having a little cold)

March 4th, 2010, 08:26 PM
I told DH I don't want to be "that woman" and call my doctor for everything. I've only called for non-stop vomitting, spotting, and contractions. I mean if I was turning blue yes I would call, or leaking fluid or whatever. But for this?
If I could smack people through the computer I would.
March 4th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I think they were just worried and wanted to be safe than sorry.Those are scary symptoms you described.You are right of course about the urine and blood pressure thing.I wouldn't worry about it.You know what's going on with your body and I know if you feared anything you would have called you Dr.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

March 4th, 2010, 08:34 PM
I know they were just concerned. I mean the shortness of breath and racing heart are a daily thing for me. Ever since my blood clots I haven't been able to breathe right and my heart is always rapid. But I've gotten the all clear quite a few times. I think what really got me was this one girl insisting that I had preeclampsia. I will never understand that.
March 4th, 2010, 08:53 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving4 View Post
I think they were just worried and wanted to be safe than sorry.Those are scary symptoms you described.You are right of course about the urine and blood pressure thing.I wouldn't worry about it.You know what's going on with your body and I know if you feared anything you would have called you Dr.

I completely agree...

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
March 4th, 2010, 08:56 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I know just what you mean. I actually think to myself "Do I really want to post that?" before I post things some places because I know there are a bunch of people out there who are going to tell me how I'm dieing when what I really have is like a headache...with nothing extra to it.

March 4th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
I know just what you mean. I actually think to myself "Do I really want to post that?" before I post things some places because I know there are a bunch of people out there who are going to tell me how I'm dieing when what I really have is like a headache...with nothing extra to it.
I know exactly what you mean! Granted some days I am dramatic and tell Ryan that I am dying. and then he goes "oh no! What are we gonna do?!"

lately I have just been really hating people. More than usual. I can't tell you how many times I have had a post in the past couple weeks say that people suck or are idiots!
March 5th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
It's something that kind of comes a long with being a mother, everyone has an opininon everything. If it's not about whats wrong with you then its about how you feed your baby, how you hold your baby, it never ends... ever. Just take it in stride, don't let it get to you, because this is JUST the begining.
March 5th, 2010, 06:21 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
You know your body and you will know when something isn't right. I am sorry they were being so crabby towards you, just blow it off and if YOU feel like something is wrong, call the doctor. If not, then just take it easy.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 5th, 2010, 07:01 AM
shannonranee
I saw that on your FB. I think that you know your body better than anyone and know if something is off or if it is normal for you. And obviously any of us here would call or drs right away if we really thought something was wrong.
March 5th, 2010, 07:37 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm the same way....I don't ever call the doctor unless I have to. I'm pretty sure that I'm developing a PUPPP rash and I'll talk to my doctor about it in 2 weeks.
March 5th, 2010, 07:47 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Next time you go to the doctor have them check your iron level not just the hemoglobin. Mine was super low but my hemoglobin was just fine so go figure I thought I was fine. All of the symptoms kinda sound like low iron, but I had the same things. I caulked it up to pregnancy symptoms and it was iron. It is an idea.

March 5th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Yea I will have them check it.
March 5th, 2010, 09:35 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree, this is possibly just the beginning of a string of unwanted advice about just about everything. Ugh, it stinks.

But, I am like you, and don't necessarily want to call the dr. if I'm not having really serious symptoms. The few times that I have called in the past for things I have always been told to rest, and drink more liquids. Feeling crampy at 18 weeks? Drink more liquids. Feeling dizzy with a racing heart at 20 weeks? Drink more water and add some gatorade to it for electrolytes... After that one, I stopped calling because I figure if I sit and rest and drink some water and feel even the tiniest better I am fine.

Sorry they were saying scary things. HUGS!

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
March 5th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Lisa I used to get that all the time too. And finally my doc was like I shouldn't tell you that because you've most likely done it already and aren't feeling better and that is why you are calling!
March 5th, 2010, 01:26 PM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hee, hee, I am not offended, but probably guilty of that MD thing! Sorry if I have come on too strong to anyone on here ever, I think it is hard not to give advice, mommy mode kicks in regardless of who you are talking too. Ooops And I agree with the poster who is saying this is the beginning of it. Just wait until you are within weeks of your due date. EVERYDAY someone is going to claim you are in labor. At work during the last month of my pg the school nurse SPRINTED, out of breath into my classroom like yelling, are you ok? Lets get you to the hospital, ect. right in front of 20 some 3rd graders I was teaching at the time. I was fine, but quite confused. Apparently someone made a comment to her that I was crampy and she just assumed that meant I was in full on labor.
March 5th, 2010, 02:45 PM

Oh man DeeAnne, that had to have been awkward.
March 5th, 2010, 02:47 PM
caitie_pie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to caitie_pie
lol AVOID ALL PEOPLE AT ALL COSTS

if only it were possible right!?

Thank you Julka for my amazing Siggy<3
March 5th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I agree Caitie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search