Update from Appointment

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2010, 07:04 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
I had my appointment yesterday and it went well. They took my blood for the glucose test and then they surprised me with a shot. I had to get the stupid Rh shot and it HURT! I told her, well I didn't wear a shirt I could roll up the sleeves. She said 'Oh this doesn't go in your arm...it goes in your butt.' Yes, my butt, well more like my hip....but still!!!! I am not one who is bothered by needles, but this sucker HURT. I would have rather gotten another tattoo or my nose pierced again (I don't have it anymore). It must have been a thick needle and the fluid buuuurned. I even let out an 'OHHHHHHH' when she gave it to me. She did warn me before hand that it wasn't a "nice" shot. So yea, not my idea of a good time. It was pretty sensitive for several hours.
Before she gave me the shot, I said well you haven't taken my bp yet. She said after the shot. She told me my bp was fine but then the DR said it was slightly more elevated then usual for me so we will keep an eye on it. He hesitated at first to even say anything, so I am not worried. I did tell him that in my defense she took it after that horrible shot.
I gained 7 lbs, ugh! Total so far of 23 and the doctor told me I am looking at a 40 lb total gain. He asked that I just make some better choices, but nothing drastic. He didn't make a big deal about it, thank goodness! I already feel bad enough about that as it is. I asked him when he thinks I COULD start jogging again assuming I have a good delivery. He said his opinion is about 4 weeks pp. He said to let myself heal realllly good for the first 2 weeks, because he said almost everyone has tearing or will need to me cut. He said those women who let themselves heal and not over do it, will get back to exercising more quickly. He said some women get back to strolling at 2 weeks pp, increased by 3 weeks, and then possibly jogging by 4 weeks. So that was good news to hear.
I go back in 3 weeks for my next appointment.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 5th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
sorry about your shot! not fun!!! Glad it's over though! And glad that your overall appointment went well.
March 5th, 2010, 07:09 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sounds like a good appointment! I have to get my rhogam shot next week, I go to L&D at the hospital for it because my OB doesn't do them in the office for some reason? I don't remember it hurting that bad last time? maybe I blocked it out that time line for working out seems about right to me, I started light workouts by 2 weeks and was def back to normal workouts by 4-5 weeks pp.....glad you had a good appointment!!
March 5th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejo View Post
sounds like a good appointment! I have to get my rhogam shot next week, I go to L&D at the hospital for it because my OB doesn't do them in the office for some reason? I don't remember it hurting that bad last time? maybe I blocked it out that time line for working out seems about right to me, I started light workouts by 2 weeks and was def back to normal workouts by 4-5 weeks pp.....glad you had a good appointment!!
Someone women at work said I won't remember how bad it hurt once I hold Lilyan. I didn't mean to 'scare' anyone, but it did hurt like a mo-fo!

Born June 5, 2010
March 5th, 2010, 07:44 AM
♥susan♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does everyone have to get that shot?
March 5th, 2010, 07:51 AM
shannonranee
Sorry about your shot. I wouls have never guess that almost everyone tears though - as NO BODY in my family has ever torn during pregnancy. well actually my sister did but the tear was so tiny it didnt even need a single stich and was pretty much healed by the next day.
March 5th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad your appt went so well. I can't believe you are already in your 3rd tri. I remember the rhogam shot burning too. I think I get in the next 2wks. To answer Susan, no everyone doesn't get the shot. It's only if you are a negative blood type and the father is a positive one.

My Ovulation Chart
March 5th, 2010, 08:29 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great appointment....I have my shot in 2 weeks!
March 5th, 2010, 08:52 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ouch just reading that makes my skin crawl lol. I HATE needles! I had my nose pierced too awhile ago and that hurt me haha. Anyway, glad the rest of the appt went well.

March 5th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonranee View Post
Sorry about your shot. I wouls have never guess that almost everyone tears though - as NO BODY in my family has ever torn during pregnancy. well actually my sister did but the tear was so tiny it didnt even need a single stich and was pretty much healed by the next day.
My SIL tore baaad with her first and didn't tear at all with her second. I hope I fall under the lucky group!

Born June 5, 2010
March 5th, 2010, 09:56 AM
BluvnU4evr's Avatar Erica
I have yet to get that Rh shot. Thanks for the heads up.

March 5th, 2010, 10:01 AM
PredonioussMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
eeeek needles!! glad your appointment went well though!!!

March 5th, 2010, 10:08 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
ugh I have to get my rhogam shot next week! not looking forward to it. usually shots dont bother me, I was on the depo shot for 2 years... but if that one hurts, ugh

March 5th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
Why did you need an RH shot? I havent had to get any of those.. Im so sorry that it hurt. Ive had shots in my hip before and NONE of them are "nice shots"..lol
im so glad you had a great appt!!! Its getting CLOSER!! woohooO!!! You go back in 2 weeks right?

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

March 5th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you had a good appointment. Sorry you had to get a nasty shot. Any shot in your butt/hip area is not a good shot!

But the stomach hurts pretty bad too.
March 5th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizomai View Post
Why did you need an RH shot? I havent had to get any of those.. Im so sorry that it hurt. Ive had shots in my hip before and NONE of them are "nice shots"..lol
im so glad you had a great appt!!! Its getting CLOSER!! woohooO!!! You go back in 2 weeks right?
I guess I am Rh-? I have O- negative blood. Other than that I don't really understand it because I THOUGHT DH had A- blood?

Born June 5, 2010
March 5th, 2010, 02:25 PM
tasheroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had 3 babies so far and only got cut with the first baby. The other 2 I didn't get cut or tear. I have a little routine I follow towards the end of the pregnancy to help make the area down there a bit more flexible and stretchy.

March 5th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
The RH shot isn't nice... but last time I got it in my thigh, and it hurt a lot less than the butt/hip area!

March 5th, 2010, 07:26 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I remember the needle. Not fun! It didn't hurt as bad as I had imagined but still it's a shot and it hurts. lol I am O- and I get mine in a few weeks!
March 5th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Sorry about the shot being a pain in your butt,lol.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search