Finally

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2010, 07:47 AM
shannonranee
Finally after all my demands the Army Ob clinic referred me to a civilian High risk dr. For the remainder of my pregnancy and for delivery - which means I can deliver at the good hospital here 10 min from home instead of the Military hospital which is 30 min from home and has no neo natal unit of any kind, I feel so much better about that. The only stupid thing is the OB office didnt even tell me they finally put the referral in or who too. So I have to wait until next week for my insurance to approve the referral so I can make an appt - hopefully I can get into one quick. So anyways I call Pt referrals who says we cant tell you anything you need to talk to your OB that put the referral in - so I call OB office and they tell me we cant tell you anything and the drs dont take calls during office hours (BS I have talked to her before during business hours) so you need to call PT referral to get this info. I figure when I go to new dr I wil make sure to take all my er records as well - I am hoping who ever I see will maybe agree to induce me before DH leaves - I will be 38 weeks a few days before he leaves anyways. Usually I think civilian drs are more apt to do that then military drs are.
March 5th, 2010, 07:53 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad you finally got the referral, and I hope you are able to have baby befoe your DH leaves!!
March 5th, 2010, 08:06 AM
shannonranee
I am glad I got it too. Another thing with a civilian dr is I will have an after hours number and if I call during the day should be able to talk to the nurse. whereas the Military OB has NO after hours number to call - they dont even give you the number to L&D until 36 weeks (so after hours only choice is to go to ER), you cant get a same day appt ever with military OB - so again only option is ER, and if you call Military Dr all you get is we will give the message and she has 72 hours to call you back (becasue that does a lot of good if I have a big concern) so again only option is ER. Then you get a paper for the insurance saying you have been to ER too many times and really need to go to your Dr instead - that would be wonderful IF i could actually get in to see her or talk to her or the nurse. I will be so gald to be seeing a civilian dr again.
March 5th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad you got your referral to a high risk civilian dr. Nothing against the military, but the military dr system doesn't seem ideal. I'm glad things are working out and hope they will be able to get you in quickly so you are established.

My Ovulation Chart
March 5th, 2010, 09:03 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
GREAT news!!!! I hope they will induce you before your DH leaves too, that would be awesome if he were here for the delivery!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 5th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
Glad you finally got what you needed! SOmetimes we just have to push to get it!
March 5th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm really surprised at your experiences with the hospital there. I mean, I know military doctors don't have the best reputation and I've certainly had my issues but that's just bad. You should be able to call L&D if you have issues after hours. I would think the hospital would have some sort of directory w/ phone numbers. I guess that doesn't really matter now that you're getting a referral but just for future reference, they can't stop you from calling with questions. That's what they're there for.

As for the referral, check with Tricare in a few days. Sometimes they can look in the system and tell you who your referral is for before you get the letter in the mail. In my experience with the high risk doctor here, you can't make an appointment until they get the referral from Tricare but that doesn't really take too long, mine went through in just a few days. Also, I was seen by both MFM and on base until MFM released me so you might still end up delivering on base. Just beware of that. I know everyone's experience is different but I just wanted to give you a heads up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search