Wiggle worm baby vs tummy tightening.

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
I've been trying to ease my mind lately, but the last two days my usually very wiggly baby has been not as wiggly.. I still feel movements but they aren't nearly as strong as usual and my tummy feels like a big tight ball.. like it's just tensed up... I've been tempted to call and ask my doctor about it but I don't know. It feels almost as if I'm holding a sit up and can't just relax. Does that make sense? It's not coming and going its just a constant anyone else? It's making me very uncomfy, even to just sit at my desk. I just want to lay down all the time.
March 5th, 2010, 10:49 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have had a lot of belly tightness lately, so much so that yesterday for a little while I considered calling my OB (which I never really do) I knew they would tell me to go to L & D so I waited it out and it went away after resting for a while. but it was like a hard ball in there!! I honestly think for me it is that Evan has been moving soooooo much, like forceful almost painful movements, I can't even really explain it exactly, I have just been really uncomfortable lately. Give your dr a call if you feel uneasy, that is what they are there for! hope you feel better soon!
March 5th, 2010, 10:54 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
I agree, if you feel uneasy about it, call! Utilize your resources, that's what you are paying them for. I am sure everything is fine though, but it can get worrisome sometimes.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 5th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
Yeah I fear being one of those annoying people that calls all the time, but it's really concerning me.. the more I think about it. I was in active labor with my son and didn't even know it when I arrived at the hospital to be induced and this almost feels like I did when I had an epidural and I was feeling the contractions...
March 5th, 2010, 11:09 AM
ipsa's Avatar Mommy Times Two
If you do call, let us know what they say. I have been having a lot of belly tightness as well. Her level of activity varies from day to day, but I assumed that I was just having a lot of BH contractions and stretching pains.

If you hear anything different, let me know.

thanks to Jenn for this beautiful siggy

[/url]
March 5th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always thought the belly tightening into a ball was BH. I had these with my DD, but I didn't notice them with DS. It's better to call and be embarassed when they tell you not to worry than to kick yourself that you didn't call. Good luck. Update when you can.

My Ovulation Chart
March 5th, 2010, 11:19 AM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought the tightening was BH too. I don't get constant tightening though. I would call just to ease the mind.
March 5th, 2010, 01:28 PM
tasheroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My LO wasn't moving so much for about 3 days and I was getting more BH. My doctor told me to keep track of the movements I did feel and to call back if he still wasn't moving around much. He started moving really good again before the morning I was supposed to call the doctor. Now he won't stop moving.

March 5th, 2010, 01:29 PM
josie_24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad this is not just me. I've been incredibly uncomfortable today. But it's tight tummy and my back feels like I've been sitting in a "boat" position for yoga for too long. It's not really in waves either so I dont' feel like it's contractions persay. I emailed my doc this morning about that and discharge but they said it's likely normal and to just keep an eye o n it.

Our friends invited us over for dinner tonight and I'm debating just staying home because i'm so uncomfortable. even though it's gorgeous outside.

Thank you Kellarazzi for my siggie!!
March 5th, 2010, 01:29 PM
caitie_pie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to caitie_pie
I have this going on too, I thought it was from stress. I was really worried about it yesterday but since I pretty much kicked my own butt and decided that I'm done stressing myself out and put myself on a sort of bed rest/taking it easy I have felt a LOT better and she's moving again!

Thank you Julka for my amazing Siggy<3
March 5th, 2010, 01:31 PM
josie_24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah my little guy is moving a lot and I also am quite sure it's stress. I've had a very trying week so I think that has a lot to do with it.

Thank you Kellarazzi for my siggie!!
March 5th, 2010, 01:32 PM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that is strange, I am definately at the BH stage too, don't really like them, they are a bit uncomfortable and he is moving around less now too....
March 5th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Veteran
You've described exactly how I've been for the last several days too. As long as I feel SOME movements, I feel better about it. And truly they are stronger some days than others. I figure it depends on how she's turned herself around. When the jabs are in the front of me, I feel it more. But when they are more to my insides, they just don't feel as strong, and are easier to miss or not notice. I've also had more BH. Baby has grown a lot this past week. It's funny how I can tell that. But I'm sure the rapid growth probably causes more BH. It's been pretty uncomfortable.
March 5th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I've been feeling that way on & off as well... If you are feeling uncertain about it - definately call your doctor!!! If they say that all is well - at least you have that reassurance! & if they call you in for a bit of a check up, at least they are being proactive incase it is 'something'...

March 5th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Morgan2006's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been feeling this since 16 weeks pregnant! DON'T google if you can help it! That's the only advice I have. I know I am definitely feeling BH at 23 weeks (and even earlier than that), so that may be what you are experiencing.
March 6th, 2010, 10:14 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
It is always better safe than sorry, if you think there is something wrong, call. The worst that could happen is there is something wrong and you called. The best is actually you feel stupid and nothing is wrong...oh darn...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search