Ladies I wish....

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2010, 08:21 AM
jewelsgurl23's Avatar Abby and Amber's Momma
that i could get another ultrasound.

i can't since its not in the budget and dr. said i won't get another one either.

i haven't seen abigail since 19 weeks!!!

i feel so jealous of all of you ladies getting more u/s and i don't get any more.

anything i can do to pass the time away till she gets here ?

thanks

March 6th, 2010, 08:28 AM
shannonranee
I know that sometimes some of the ladies feel that same way but look at it this way that means you pregnancy is not having issues. The only reason I get some many ultrasounds is because there are so many issues with my pregnancy. SO sometimes I get jelous of the ladies who dont need the extra ultrasounds - although I love seeing natalie - it just means there are things that still need to be watched.
March 6th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same way as you I haven't seen Bailey since 18 weeks and the tech was mean. Bailey wouldn't lift her little head off her chest too so we didn't get any really good pics! One of my docs said I could get another but the one I saw at 24 weeks said I couldn't unless I'm bleeding or cramping and even then I'd have to spend hours in L&D being monitored and probably never get an ultrasound anyway! I don't see why the doc cant just write a script for it, its no skin off her back and my insurance would cover it if she just did that!! Ugh I get so mad thinking about it!!

March 6th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy

with my first pregnancy they did a routine u/s at 36/7 weeks to make sure she was head down I know they will do the same again this time.
March 6th, 2010, 09:10 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I refuse to pay for another u/s....so we will not have anymore either. I think I may get one more at the very end - a growth scan.
March 6th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Canuck_78's Avatar Super Mommy
I am with shannonranee on this one. Of course it is nice to get to see our LO on a regular basis, but trust me you don't want the stress that goes with it. Most of us who are having multiple ultrasounds have issues with our pregnancies and/or concerns about the baby. I can tell you that in my case, I would much rather have had only my initial and 20w U/S then have at least one a month and stress the whole time about how big baby's brain ventricles are gonna be this time.

Do you have a birthday or special celebration coming soon? Maybe someone you know could be nice and pay for an U/S for you? That's really the only solution I can come up with. That or sell some stuff you don't use or want anymore on ebay! LOL

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

March 6th, 2010, 09:16 AM
jewelsgurl23's Avatar Abby and Amber's Momma
the only thing my dr. said was that if by 37 weeks she wasn't head down that she would do an u/s to check right in her office. But she did follow with saying that after all the years she has been on OB that she has never been wrong once with a position of a baby and that more then likely that i won't get another u/s.

when DH asked about if we could check one last time to make sure that she still is a girl, all she said was that if they saw girl parts at that u/s then thats what we are having.

well my problem is: my b-day is 2 weeks before my due date so nothing going to happen on that front.

March 6th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
And really the further along you get the less fun ultrasounds are! My next apt is 28 weeks and I was hoping that doc would give into me but by then the baby is so big that you can't see things as well!! Booo

But I agree that it is certainly better to not need extra ones

March 6th, 2010, 09:37 AM
shannonranee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_78 View Post
I am with shannonranee on this one. Of course it is nice to get to see our LO on a regular basis, but trust me you don't want the stress that goes with it. Most of us who are having multiple ultrasounds have issues with our pregnancies and/or concerns about the baby. I can tell you that in my case, I would much rather have had only my initial and 20w U/S then have at least one a month and stress the whole time about how big baby's brain ventricles are gonna be this time.

Do you have a birthday or special celebration coming soon? Maybe someone you know could be nice and pay for an U/S for you? That's really the only solution I can come up with. That or sell some stuff you don't use or want anymore on ebay! LOL

This is so true - at first we were getting a lot due to finding multiples - then they continued due to lose of two of the babys - so we were always afraid that we would go in and the remaining baby would have no HB. Then they had to monitor for a subchrionic bleed (which we had another one by one of the babies we lost) so then I was worried about that. Now they say the baby is growing right - so that makes me nervous. You always wonder what they will find at the next ultrasound and if the problem they had found earlier resolved itself. I too would much rather have a normal pregnancy with the normal ultrasound they do at 20 weeks then to always be afraid they going to find something really wrong at the next ultrasound.
March 6th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry ladies who are struggling with rough pregnancies! That has got to be so hard! You guys are always in my prayers that everything contiues to be healthy!!

March 6th, 2010, 10:07 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I don't want anymore. There are some studies out that imply they may cause some problems, they aren't certain enough for me to not get ultrasounds at all, but I don't need more than needed. In my first pregnancy I got a lot because I had a huge bleed in the early 2nd trimester and they were just watching to make sure all was OK. In my 2nd pregnancy I had GD and weight gaining issues (ie lack there of) and they wanted to monitor the baby. In my 3rd I just had 2, I felt like I had accomplished something, I was normal

March 6th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I felt that way when i was pregnant with Gaby.... it got really, well not jealous, but envious, when I heard of other ladies having u/s further on in their pregnancy. In the end I had another at 39w to check her size

March 6th, 2010, 01:30 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first pregnancy, I got one almost every appointment because the dr had the machine in the room. This time I've only had 2 and the tech barely let me see anything. My dr told me yesterday that he'll schedule me for another when I get a little further along.
March 7th, 2010, 05:26 AM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have an ultrasound school around? We do here and they charge $10 for ultrasounds because students do them.
March 7th, 2010, 06:09 AM
MommyPoky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MommyPoky Send a message via MSN to MommyPoky Send a message via Yahoo to MommyPoky
I have to get one in two weeks to check because they saw brain cysts at the last one that could indicate trisomy 18. I came out low risk for it on all my other screenings, and the cysts are not a solid indicator (some trisomy babies don't even have them) but it is still more worry than I'd like at this point, so I wish I wasn't getting another

March 7th, 2010, 02:33 PM
**Mary**'s Avatar mom to Tabby,Kk,Emi & Jay
Send a message via AIM to **Mary** Send a message via Yahoo to **Mary**
I feel the same way I only had two this whole preganancy

Mary
mom to: Tabitha 9,Katelyn 7,Emily 5,Jay 2 and Natalie Marie (5.31)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search