What do you all do

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2010, 11:23 AM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
on the weekends i know most people look foward to the weekend but i absolutely hate it i like weekdays. The weekend drags out so long too blah

so what do you do

March 6th, 2010, 11:30 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I try to catch up on grading. I try to spend time with the kids.

March 6th, 2010, 11:49 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well since I work all week I look forward to down time to spend with Sydney and get chores done around the house, I just swept the front walk and cut back some plantings since it is nice out....we also try to do one fun thing with Syd every weekend even if it's just the playground at the mall, which is what we did this morning.
March 6th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I work on the weekends! (booo) So I don't do much! I have to go to bed early so I don't fall asleep here! I get a lot of homework done though and catch up on the boards. It hasnt been so bad since it's been cold but with spring around the corner its gonna suck! My DH works all week and so we can't really do any family outings!

March 6th, 2010, 12:22 PM
shannonranee
it depends on if DH has to work or not. If he is working I dont do much - it is just a regular day. If he is off it depends on if he has one or two days off - sometimes we do stuff and sometimes we just sit around the house - which is sooooo boring.
March 6th, 2010, 12:54 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I clean, spend time with friends, crochet, read, shop, relax
March 6th, 2010, 01:18 PM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would love to feel bored, but there are always a gazillion things to do around here and not enough time to do them all. I do work all week, which means I need to catch up on everything else on the weekends. Today, it was cleaning floors, lots of laundry, and kitchen cleaning. I had time to read the paper and take a walk which was nice too Tomorrow, it will be church, grocery shopping, and HOPEFULLY working on this baby's room! Last night was shopping and tv!!
March 6th, 2010, 01:22 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't do anything special. I like weekends because dh gets off early on saturday and he's off on sunday which means I get a break. It's nice to run errands kid free sometimes.
March 6th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
drags for me too. Saturday morning we go to my parents for a couple of hours, but after that.. nada. Sunday 9am Gaby goes to her Dads until 6pm, that just makes the day drag even more!

March 6th, 2010, 02:45 PM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
saturday morning we do the grocery shopping and thats it for the weekend. I hate it. SO isnt at work all day so I have to deal with him being a ****head.

March 6th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Today i burnt microwave popcorn... usually not much though lol. My husband works 6 days a week with Mondays being his day off and he works 9-9 saturdays so weekends aren't much of a weekend for us lol. On week days he only works 3-9 so in the morning we go swimming and shopping and that kind of thing lol.
March 6th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Morgan2006's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My saturdays are filled with cleaning and whining (DS hates being in the house, he's always begging me to go somewhere!!) and then we usually come over to my parents' house (where we are now) and then DH usually gets off around 7pm so we do something family oriented. Sunday, we go to church and then come to my parents' house or my sister's house, and then DH gets off between 3 and 5 pm. I really don't like the weekends either, but I SURE don't like the weekdays. Can't win. lol.
March 6th, 2010, 03:24 PM
harmstrong's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I spend time with my hubby since he's at work all week. Or we do things as a family (go to the park, go swimming, go to the zoo since we have passes, grocery shopping) Hubby works from 6-5 every day so hes' pretty tired in teh evening. Not to mention I work the same hours so by the time 5 rolls around we're too tired to do much in the evening. So we pack it all into the weekend.
March 6th, 2010, 04:41 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I work Monday to Friday so weekends are catch up on tidying, and we usually try to do some yard work, play with DS in the yard, or go to a park or some local trails for a walk, or to "something" fun like the aquarium. We also usually do dinners with my siblings and their SOs or friends of ours. We TRY to relax but usually there is too much to do!

March 6th, 2010, 07:52 PM
laurabelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i hate the "weekend"!!!! i work 12 hour days both saturday and sunday. my weekends come on wednesday and thursday.
March 6th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH is off on the weekends, so we try to do things that are 'fun' while he is off. Saturday mornings are piano lesson (teaching) time, then we take the afternoon and go do something. Sunday mornings we spend at church, afternoons we spend quietly, or we go somewhere like a park for a walk or play time. We'll try to keep doing something special every weekend even after the baby comes-- we think it's important to spend time as a family when we have the opportunity, so we actually take from 9 until about 10:15 every weekday morning to do something as a family as well (yard work, walk, allergy shot appt for DH, etc).
March 6th, 2010, 09:24 PM
**Nicole**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i work every weekend and have the weekdays off so i just love that
March 7th, 2010, 04:29 PM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
I love weekends! I try to sleep in, if I can. DH and I try to get some chores done and we spend time together. We go grocery shopping or to the mall, or just hang out on the couch and watch movies. Sometimes we meet friends out for lunch or at the mall, like this weekend. When it is nice we go for walks and/or sit out on the deck.

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
March 7th, 2010, 05:15 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I work all week, so I love love love weekends! I can relax, not worry about having to wake up to an alarm clock, I go grocery shopping...surf the net, etc. Pretty low key.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search