Are nursing tank tops really needed?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2010, 05:00 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!

This is my first pregnancy/child. I will be breastfeeding and I wont be working much if at all for at least the first 6 months.

Are they really needed or does a reg tank work too? I bought an awesome nursing cover, but the tanks and maternity bras are so darn expensive!

I want my belly convered if I do breastfeed in public. Dont think I really will much though and I have my cover. Would a reg tank top work if I were to just pull down the straps?

And what about the nursing bras? Should I get some...one or two?

March 6th, 2010, 05:18 PM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Id get a couple bras but no, the tanks arent an essential item.

March 6th, 2010, 05:25 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the bras and tanks are nice to have but they are not needed.
March 6th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah,nice but not needed. I hated the way most of my nursing bras made my boobs look (and my boobs were the only thing I had going for me at that point!) so I rarely wore them. I just wore a bra I could pull down with a shirt that had fairly easy access. I found a tank that I could just pop my boob out of to be very convenient, no need to even pull down the straps. Pair the tank under another shirt and you can NIP super discretely without any extra coverage.

March 6th, 2010, 07:21 PM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a couple nursing bras, but I also wore sports bras a lot too, they were really easy access. The nursing tank might be nice if you are somewhere you are a bit more nervous about exposing yourself, but regular are fine most of the time.
March 6th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
i never used a tank with Gaby.. but then again i didn't really b/f her either. I am not planning on getting any this time either (and do plan to b/f)

March 6th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any nursing tanks, and need to get new nursing bras. I like having the bras, but haven't been able to find more of the style I like. *sigh* If you're really conscious about your belly showing, then you can just put a receiving blanket over it, but when R was really small I put a blanket over her and it draped over us both enough that it looked like she was just sleeping under the blanket, and no one knew I was nursing at all. As she got bigger (and so covered more of me, lol), I stopped with the blanket, and people still don't always realize I'm nursing her.
March 7th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Super Mommy
I think the tanks are essential! I wore them every day and plan to wear them again! It was such easy access. I wore them instead of the nursing bras most of the time. I got all of mine bras and tanks from Target. They were cheap and awesome!!

March 7th, 2010, 07:03 PM
RJsmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Carter View Post
I think the tanks are essential! I wore them every day and plan to wear them again! It was such easy access. I wore them instead of the nursing bras most of the time. I got all of mine bras and tanks from Target. They were cheap and awesome!!
I agree completely. That is exactly what I was going to say.

Thanks to ~*Helen*~ for the beautiful Siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search