Might be changing the name, lol!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2010, 08:55 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So, we were pretty much settled on Annaleigh Noelle...

We've been telling DS that's the name for ages, but he can't quite pronounce it right, and says Emily... now he thinks the baby's name is Emily.

And now, Emily is kind of growing on me!! I love that it could be Em for short.

Part of the reason I chose Annaleigh was that I love Annie for a nm. But now I'm thinking I might change to Emily... probably the same middle name I think.

Thoughts?

Emily Noelle

vs.

Annaleigh Noelle

March 6th, 2010, 09:11 PM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our 1st choice was Emily, but we have since changed it...so my vote is for Emily Noelle.

March 6th, 2010, 09:22 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOVE Emily!
March 6th, 2010, 09:22 PM
**Nicole**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My little girl is emily and i love the name. when you call her from the other room and say emily is just sounds so nice so i am with the emily
March 6th, 2010, 09:32 PM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yeah i like emily as well.

March 6th, 2010, 09:52 PM
ipsa's Avatar Mommy Times Two
I don't have anything against the name Emily, I just know a TON of them, so it would be too popular for me.

thanks to Jenn for this beautiful siggy

[/url]
March 6th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Emily Noelle sounds lovely

and personally, I like bigger siblings having some input on the name - whether directly or not.... it gives the name a little some extra special like Gaby loves the name Georgia, which is why I'm using that as one of Emersyn's middle names..

March 7th, 2010, 06:56 AM
hannah79's Avatar A little bit wicked
I love Annaleigh. It was one of my top choices for a girl, but DH nixed it because my name is Hannah Leigh. He thought it was too close. Good thing we are having a boy. I have time to warm him up to it.

March 7th, 2010, 10:38 AM
BluvnU4evr's Avatar Erica
I like Emily Noelle better than Annaleigh Noelle, but both are beautiful names.

March 7th, 2010, 11:16 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like them both....personnally I wanted to name my daughter Anna, but my last name is Bell so that would sound kind of weird and I think people would think her name is Annabelle.
March 7th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks ladies! I have to admit I'm starting to lean heavily towards Emily! And it wasn't really ever on my oriinal short list, lol!

March 7th, 2010, 11:55 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really love Annaleigh but Anna has always been one of my fav girl names so that is probably why, Emily is a very sweet name too!
March 7th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Canuck_78's Avatar Super Mommy
Tough call! They are both so pretty. Emily was on my short list also if baby had been a girl. I think either way you can't go wrong. Not much help I know! LOL

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

March 7th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Dean's Mama!
Emily is far too popular, I love how original Annaleigh is.

March 7th, 2010, 02:18 PM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
You could spell is Emmaleigh and call her Emmie. That is kind of just like Annaleigh Just a thought. My second choice girl name for our little one, or a second girl if we have one is Emmaleigh

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
March 7th, 2010, 09:14 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love Emily as its a beautiful classic name but its a bit too popular for me and I have a good friend by that name as well. I do love the nn Emmy which is what I call my friend. You cant go wrong with either name so either way its a great name. I love Noelle as a name but DH says only for a Christmas baby
March 7th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks guys!

It's funny, I do think of Emily as a traditional name, but not a very popular one these days. I think I'm going to look up the names database for my province, if there is one, and see how popular it's been the last few years.

I don't mind if it's somewhat popular, but yeah, not really fond of being 1 of 10 of the same name in the kindergarten class!

ETA: Wow, just looked up the Canadian list - it was #2 in 2007 and #6 in 2008!

The funny thing is, I can't htink of a single baby girl born in the last few years named Emily!

Hmm....

March 7th, 2010, 09:57 PM
ETA Again: Just discovered that Michael was #2 in 2008 (my DS was born in 2007 and his name is Michael)... and I seriously don't know a single child named Michael of ANY age, lol! I think perhaps I'll have to not worry about the popularity aspect.

Where I live, it's very very diverse, so there's just as many asian, indian (from india), thai, etc. names as "western" names, so maybe Michael and Emily won't be too popular here either way, lol!!

March 8th, 2010, 09:17 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What about Emily Ann that way you can have both of the names that you originally wanted?

March 8th, 2010, 09:25 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina A~ View Post
Thanks guys!

It's funny, I do think of Emily as a traditional name, but not a very popular one these days. I think I'm going to look up the names database for my province, if there is one, and see how popular it's been the last few years.

I don't mind if it's somewhat popular, but yeah, not really fond of being 1 of 10 of the same name in the kindergarten class!

ETA: Wow, just looked up the Canadian list - it was #2 in 2007 and #6 in 2008!

The funny thing is, I can't htink of a single baby girl born in the last few years named Emily!

Hmm....
I was reading this thing in one of my news letters and the name popularity doesn't quite mean what it used to. While the most popular name of the year might be john, or Jacob you will have to look at 2 or 3 classes to find one John or Jacob where as when we where kids you would find up to 5 in a class! It was saying that the shift into finding unique names is translating into, the names while the most popular, are still not being used very much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search