Does anyone use the JM housecleaning/organization thing?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2010, 01:56 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wondering if anyone uses the JM house cleaning schedule thing?

ETA: It's here Home Organization Plan in case you haven't seen it before.

March 7th, 2010, 02:01 PM
josie_24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just checked it out and unfortunately I would have to modify it heavily due to work and school. I find a lot of that stuff is made for people who don't work full time (which is just fine, I just can't use them 'as is' then). I've had some good ones through work that are checklists for weekly/monthly checklists. I haven't really used them but given them to clients to use LOL...

The daily habits thing reminds me of the fly lady and if I had motivation I would TOTALLY follow her program.

Thank you Kellarazzi for my siggie!!
March 7th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
No.. but i need to do something like that

March 7th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
I love it! I've used it before and it was wonderful to have a plan in place!

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

March 7th, 2010, 05:28 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used it as an example to make my own. I divided my house into 7 sections and came up with a list of things to do in each section and assigned each section a day of the week. (ex: Sunday I do bedrooms - change bedding, quick dust, pick up floor/tidy up, and vacuum) I typed up and printed out a checklist page for each day of the week and put them in page protectors. I use a dry erase marker to mark off the chores as I get them done and then can erase them to reuse the sheet. It has helped me keep the house a lot cleaner!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 7th, 2010, 08:15 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great idea with the page protectors! Love it!!!

March 7th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Shellybaby3's Avatar Super Mommy
Haven't seen this until now. When I get out of the hospital I am going to LIVE by this! This seems like a GREAT way to keep up with everything.

[

March 8th, 2010, 08:59 AM
mommykristina's Avatar mommy to 3!!
Send a message via AIM to mommykristina
This seems like a great way to keep up with the house cleaning!

March 8th, 2010, 09:01 AM
BluvnU4evr's Avatar Erica
I've always used FlyLady when I want to get serious about cleaning the house.

March 8th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
IMO Flylady is sooooo much more stressful than the JM cleaning plan. I've done both and I actually stick with the JM plan a lot better... I think because there are days for catch up in every week, and I need that with the kids. I joined the JM cleaning group (link in my siggie) and it helps to have a group of fellow JMers who are working on the same thing.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
March 8th, 2010, 09:24 AM
shannonranee
No I dont use it. Pretty much until starting having issues with this pregnancy I dusted, swept, moped and vaccumed everyday. cleaned counters, all sinks and did dishes and laundry every day. Cleaned tub and shower and changed all bedding, and vaccumed mattresses once a week. Oiled wood furniture once a week. Cleaned out fridge and kitchen cupboards once a week. cleaned any wall marks as soon as I saw them. kept the dressers and closets organized any time I put anything away. Steam clean carpets, all furniture and mattresses 4 times a year - and flip mattress once it dries.

Unfortunately I have not been able to clean this good latley so I have a ton of it to do.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search