Why did you decide Hospital/Birthing Center/Home Birth?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
What brought you to your choice of "venue" to birth your baby? Is SO/DH on board now, was he at first? (Please not debating, each of us has our own choices)
March 7th, 2010, 07:32 PM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I chose hospital because I dont think theres such things as birthing centers here and Im not comfortable doing a homebirth.

March 7th, 2010, 07:45 PM
hannah79's Avatar A little bit wicked
This is my third birth. I don't have easy luck with births, so the hospital is necessary. I changed doctors for this pregnancy. I loved the last hospital we used though. In fact, I found my current dr. (who I totally love) through this hospital. I refuse to use any other hospital. This one is amazing.

March 7th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to have our babes in the hospital. Although I would love to do a free standing birth center. Due to me being high risk and being on blood thinners though there are too many factors that could make delivery dangerous... Oh well at least I will hopefully get my unmedicated birth..
March 7th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
... no choice really, it's the only option for a c/s in my city! lol. But it is where I would have chosen to give birth, even if Iwas having a vbac

March 7th, 2010, 08:02 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hospital. I'm having a c-section but I'd give birth in a hospital anyway. I feel safer there. DH wouldn't want it any other way.
March 7th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Voodoo Lady's Avatar Latin & Greek Professor
Doing a homebirth with a midwife in a birthing pool.

DH fully supportive - in England where he's from, they typically use midwives. Both he and his brother were delivered by a midwife.

I chose homebirth because the thought of a hospital birth with a doctor terrifies me. In fact, I was scared every time I thought about labor, until I read up about non-medical options and watched a bunch of births on youtube.

I think what is important is not whether you are at home, in a birth center, or in a hospital, but that you are where you are comfortable.

I think every lady should read up on all her options and be where she feels safest. I think it's the fear of birth that's the problem, so each person needs to be where they feel fearless. For most people, that is usually the hospital.

March 7th, 2010, 08:49 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto - I think finding the option that makes you personally feel comfortable and secure is what counts.

For me, that was hospital. I know me, and I'm most comfortable with that. DH is on board with that plan, and was with DS too.

March 7th, 2010, 10:24 PM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I chose the hospital here in town b/c it's closest.. Plus I got quite a few recomendations for my doc. There are no birthing centers near here, and I just wouldn't be comfortable with a homebirth.
I would love to have the same dr I had with DS #2, but she is over an hour away...

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

March 8th, 2010, 05:18 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I chose hospital because I have been seeing my OB for 12 years and that is where she delivers, she is awesome as are all the drs that deliver in the practice (well mostly anyway LOL) and my birth experience with Sydney went perfectly for me, I was happy with everything so I figure might as well stick to what works for me.
March 8th, 2010, 06:58 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is my first and I don't know what to expect....so I chose to go to an OB and she delivers at a hospital. Depending on my experience, that could change with future children.
March 8th, 2010, 07:08 AM
hey there elizabeth's Avatar Johnathon's Mommy<3
home water birth with a midwife.

Here we do not have a birthing center.
and Im not only more comfortable at home, but I also know I'm away from infection, ignorant doctors trying to mess up my labor, unnecessary process they'd try to inject or force on my baby, and I have complete faith in my body.
Also they cant cut the cord before I want it done, they can't cut me, or try to force me into having a epi.
Plus I dont feel I need to be there, so why take up the space?

My SO is not on board at all.
But my mom is behind me 100%

^^ Thanks Niamh!!!<3

March 8th, 2010, 07:32 AM
RJsmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We chose a hospital. For me, I want the safety of having intervention there if necessary. We are using the same hospital we used with my son. I had a great birthing experience with my son. DH and I discussed with my OB and our nurses what are choices were and no one argued with us over anything. I felt in control, and nothing was done that we did not consent to.

Thanks to ~*Helen*~ for the beautiful Siggy!

March 8th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll be delivering at a hospital. DH was not thrilled with the hospital I was referred to but he seems better about it now. As long as they treat me well while we're there I think he'll be ok with it.
March 8th, 2010, 07:47 AM
nuclearwife82's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to nuclearwife82
I'm giving birth at the hospital I had my son at with a practice of midwives.

We do have a free standing birth center in Pittsburgh, but state law prohibits them from attending VBAC's in the center. Before this year, they did their hospital births at a hospital I would never go to. They have since closed their maternity ward and switched to another hospital in the system that I use but I prefer the one I'm going to.

I would love a homebirth (as would dh) but there is one homebirth midwife in my area and I don't think she would come to me because she's on the other side of the City.

March 8th, 2010, 08:31 AM
harmstrong's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I chose a hospital because I tend to have bigger babies and I'd prefer to get the happy drugs (epidural). lol. Plus because of me having bigger babies I'd rather be in the hospital in case complications came up.
March 8th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I've had a hospital birth, a birthing center and a homebirth...

I had an awful experience at the hospital and although my birthing center birth went well, I knew I wanted the experience of a homebirth. IMO and my experience nothing compares to it. I loved that after I gave birth that I got to snuggle up with all 3 of my girls and my DH and watch Disney movies. It was just surreal to me.

We are going the homebirth route again.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
March 8th, 2010, 09:44 AM
LOUSEE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I picked hosiptal because of a number of reasons:

1. This is my first and I feel more comfortable being surrounded by people who do this for living....

2. If something goes wrong we are at a hospital where they are probably more apt to deal with it...

3. I dont really feel it necessary to associate my son's birth with a crap load of pain...

I didnt really ask DH's opinion he isnt the one giving birth to it, so I dont really think it is his call.
March 8th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Man N Cheese's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are going to the birth center where I delivered the other 3. I really enjoy epidurals....the fact that I can nap and have someone wake me when I get to 8 cm is great. Warmed blankets, massage therapist, candle lit dinner catered in the night before going home........ahhhhhh, I want to go there now!
March 8th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Nightkd's Avatar First Time Mama!!
I would've opted for a Birth Centre if possible, but there are none around here... I tried to look into hospitals, but I want a water/hypnobirth and none of them can accommodate that - soooo onto the homebirth!

My DH wasn't 100% into it at first, but now he says he has no problems with it and is being supportive. He's still got a bit of a funny attitude at the moment, so we'll see...but whatever I choose, he'll be behind me.

xx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search