Bottles (what brand will you be using)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
I'm going to be nursing, but we will be pumping also so that DH and big brother and big sister can feed the baby as well.
We kept hearing all about this brand called Tommee Tipee from Babies R Us, so we went to check it out. You girls from the UK, I'm sure know the name since its been the best selling brand there forever and this is the first time its been in the states. We did a lot of research and it seems to be a wonderful bottle.
The nipple of it is designed for babies to help avoid nipple confusion and for ease and ajustment. They have these nipples where you can turn them and make the flow slower or faster. Then they also have an entire line of bottles that is PERFECT for babies that are extremely sensitive (gassy, colicy, etc) but the entire line is to help avoid colic. -This iswhat I love about them:

Nipple mimics natural feel, flex and movement of breastfeeding
Allows for easy transition between breast and bottle
Wide neck nipple for easier latch on
Anti-colic, anti-gas, advanced easi-vent™ valve
BPA & Phthalate Free
Graduations in mls and ounces
Hygiene Cap seals the nipple for travel

But they have everything from bottles, to paci's to sippy cups, to go with baby all through baby and toddler years!
Its exclusive to Babies R' Us (they are the only ones in the U.S. that are selling it).

So anyway, we bought the sterilizer and some bottles..and I can't wait to use them!

Here is a link to more info, in case any of you want to check it out:
closer to nature® bottle feeding

For those of you out of the U.S. Just type in www.Tommeetippie.com and click your country!

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

March 8th, 2010, 05:33 AM
momma23girls's Avatar and one little boy!!
I have had a lot of success with Dr. Browns meaning no nipple confusion, gas, colic, spit up/burping that sort of thing, so I will most likely use them again but these look interesting. I will check them out at Babies r us, next time Im in there, thanks for the heads up.
March 8th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
Oh. I agree w/you. The Dr Browns are awesome!!!! This will be a first for us on a brand we've never heard of..but we are excited about the Tommee Tippie brand!

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

March 8th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With ds I found it was a total crap shoot, sometimes he'd taken certain bottles, sometimes he wouldn't, there was never a clear winner and we never bottle fed often enough to really care about anti colic business. We also don't bottle feed until nursing is very well established and like I said, not often enough for me to really worry about nipple confusion.

There were some glass bottles on clearance the other day at the grocery store so I picked 1 up. I don't even remember the brand. We'll see how it goes and if it doesn't work we'll try something else.

Luckily in Canada all baby bottles must be BPA free, so I don't have to worry about that.

March 8th, 2010, 05:47 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im doing Born Free and Evenflo glass bottles. I just feel better about glass. If neither take Ill go to Dr Brown glass ones.
March 8th, 2010, 05:56 AM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we are using the tommee tippee closer to nature

March 8th, 2010, 06:09 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
with Syd we used the Playtex Ventaire bottles, she was a super pick with bottles. I have a bunch of Evenflo glass bottles and also Playtex drop ins so we will probably just try those first and if he likes them great, if not we will figure something else out.
March 8th, 2010, 08:03 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I registered for a few different kinds....

medela
breast flow
playtex drop ins
Dr Brown's

I was told that it is a good idea to register for a few brands and see what the baby likes rather than having to run out later and buy them.
March 8th, 2010, 08:11 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
While I am going to breastfeed too, when I go back to work she will need to use a bottle. My SIL is giving us a ton on Avent bottles, so hopefully those will work out.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 8th, 2010, 08:15 AM
StarrMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're using Dr. Brown's again. Used them with Xander and had no problems (other than being annoying to clean)
March 8th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Alie wasn't picky at all. At first we just used the Medela bottles, since I could pump directly into them. When she started sucking so much that the nipples would get sucked into the bottle, we switched to Playtex Drop Ins. I also have some Evenflo glass bottles I bought to use as a party game for a friend's baby shower that we might use this time. But since I'm considering being a SAHM after this one is born, it'll probably be a moot point anyway, aside from a couple times a month when DH and I want to get out alone.
March 8th, 2010, 08:19 AM
hey there elizabeth's Avatar Johnathon's Mommy<3
I'm going to be BF and he won't get a bottle til he has mastered that.
But I picked out a few different types because you never know what he'll like.

Nuk bottles
Tommee Tippe
Playtex drop ins

and some other random but cute bottles lol

^^ Thanks Niamh!!!<3

March 8th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I've been going back and forth between the Tommy Tippe (that's the brand pacifiers I bought too) and the Playtex drop ins. I plan to breastfeed, but also want to bottle feed so DH can participate. Still haven't decided which bottles though. Anyone heard of Mam?

March 8th, 2010, 09:23 AM
harmstrong's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Leannd my friend SWEARS by mam bottles for her little girl. She is breastfed but since mom has to go to work she has to take a bottle and so far that's the only one she will take.

I am going to be doing formula. I'll breastfeed to get the colostrum and whatnot but then it will be formula. We're doing glass bottles. I picked up the evenflo brand so far. I'm going to get a couple of some other brands I saw. And my friend is giving me her plastic dr browns bottles, which are what I used with AJ and they worked wonders on his reflux. I would prefer to use glass though, so we'll see how Andrew likes them
March 8th, 2010, 09:28 AM
mommykristina's Avatar mommy to 3!!
Send a message via AIM to mommykristina
i have a ton of Playtex drop in's that i used with DD & DS, but this time around i'm going to try BF, i just want to be able to use bottles for if we ever do go out and someone needs to watch him.

March 8th, 2010, 09:29 AM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to use what I have from DS - Born Free glass, Born Free plastic and some Playtex drop-ins.

He was fine with all of those. We also had some Avent ones, but in Canada Avent took all their bottles back after Health Canada issued the BPA warning, so I ended up getting all my money back for my AVent bottles and my Avent pump.

So hopefully this one will be fine with the Born Free and Playtex... i'd rather not go spend a ton of money on new!

March 8th, 2010, 09:31 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We used the Playtex Ventaire bottles for DD and had really good luck with them...until the vent started leaking. DH's mom had gotten us a set of Dr Brown's bottles that we never really used because DD was doing fine with the Playtex ones, so we will probably start out with those and see how they work. One thing I really don't like about the Dr Browns bottles we have are how many little pieces you have to wash - makes bottle washing sooooo tedious!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 8th, 2010, 09:33 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anything that fits my pump, but if this one is like my last baby he won't have a clue what to do with the bottle! Autumn didn't figure it out until she was 2 and trying to give her baby dolls a bottle. But I have always really liked the Platex Drop-ins, and my Platex embrace pump was designed for them.

March 8th, 2010, 09:48 AM
shannonranee
I was talking to my mom the other day - she said that her and my sister bought Tommee Tippee for my nephew and they did not work well at all - they ended up taking them back to Babies r us and exchanging them for breast flow. She said thouse work really good.

We have bought some breast flow and some dr browns. I went through a ton of different bottles with my foster daughter and I preferred the Dr browns over any of them at the time.
March 8th, 2010, 11:05 AM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
I used Medela with my twins. It was a pretty good system for me - you pump right into the bottles, which I did after breastfeeding & then supplemented - but I felt that the nipples could have been a little bit less leaky. It worked GREAT with one twin, but leaked with the other who had a weak latch/suck reflex, so it's probably not the bottle's fault.

However, if I have problems with the new baby, I'm definitely going to try these bottles! Thanks for the tip! They look really great.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search