Today I said good bye to dh for a year **update**

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2010, 05:33 AM
liltuckers21
Life is full of challenges. Whether it is a death in the family, an illness, an accident, financial trouble, relationship trouble, and in my case deployments. I knew going out with my Dh meant I would fall in love with a soldier but I did it anyways. I knew it meant long days, missed holidays, and year long deployments. I knew it meant sometimes having tight pockets and I knew it meant flexible schedules. I knew it meant lots of laundry (pts, acu's and endless flow of dirty socks, sweaty tshirts), tons of boots, and a dress uniform. I knew what the duty of an Army wife was and the responsibilities were.
But even though you think you know something, you can't really know til you lived it. I married my dh in June. I have lived the past 9 months with dealing with the army life. There were days he got up at 3:30 am and weren't home til 7 that night. There were months where we lived in the same house but didn't see each other at all. There were times our plans were changed by something coming up and he had to work.
Today I took him to the airport and said our good byes. He is deploying to Korea for a year. He is in a safer place than elsewhere but still he is away from us. Seeing tears in my husband's eyes broke my heart. If I could take all the pain, hurt, and missing us away from him and put it on me, I would do it in a heartbeat. I had to be strong and hold in the tears. I had to hold him and try my best not to cry.
And it sucks because I am due end of May. Everyone believes this baby might come early due to potential problems. This means that he could miss his son's birth. He won't be home till the last weekend of May. This is by far one of the hardest things I will ever have to do and any military wife can relate. He is my best friend and for the next year, the closest thing to seeing him is through webcam. Thank you for technology!

**Update**
I completely forgot to mention that last week I found out I failed my glucose test and have to go for the three hoour one. I knew at my one hour that I was going to fail it and I believe I will fail the three hour. I was insulin resistant before getting pregnant. I also have to have testing on my liver and a 24 hour urine collection. Yippy me! I have to deal with all of this the week dh leaves.

Last edited by liltuckers21; March 8th, 2010 at 08:29 AM.
March 8th, 2010, 05:42 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am very sorry sweetie....many hugs coming your way!
March 8th, 2010, 05:44 AM
momma23girls's Avatar and one little boy!!
It must be very hard. Im so sorry.
March 8th, 2010, 05:45 AM
ipsa's Avatar Mommy Times Two
I am so sorry. Please let us know if there is anything you need!

thanks to Jenn for this beautiful siggy

[/url]
March 8th, 2010, 06:14 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Girl, you are much stronger than I am. I am glad he will be coming back for a short period to see the baby though.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 8th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to take my husband to the airport yesterday for a wk long training session in Nevada and I was a mess. I can't imagine a whole year. You are so much stronger than I am. Sending hugs your way.

My Ovulation Chart
March 8th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry. I can't imagine what you are going through, but I'm sorry and I hope time flies until you can see him again in May.

dd Oct 2006, dd Nov 2007, dd June, 2010, and
DS due Sept 6th, 2011 YAY!!

March 8th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
I am sorry sweety.. my ex husband lead that life... it was a difficult life style for us... I have the utmost respect for any wife/mother who is strong enough to deal with that crazy life style.
March 8th, 2010, 06:44 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry hun. I'm am glad to hear that he is going to a safer place. HUGS!
March 8th, 2010, 06:50 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry that you have to go through this. I have the upmost respect and support though for people like your husband for defending our country so the rest of us can have our normal lives. I can empathize with the toll it takes on them and their families and thank you all for your sacrafices.
March 8th, 2010, 06:52 AM
♥susan♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are a strong girl! Thoughts and prayers for you and your hubby!
March 8th, 2010, 07:39 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are definitely stronger then me, I cry & b*tch when my husband leaves for 5 days on a business trip. I'm so sorry **HUGS** I will pray your baby waits for daddy to come home for his/her birth!!

March 8th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been there and I know it's tough. DH got back from a year in Iraq in September and I know it doesn't seem like it now but it WILL go fast, especially once your baby arrives. Take some time to be sad then find something to keep you busy and the time will go quickly. I always set mini goals and had plans for at least one big thing a month, even if I was just counting down to the next holiday. It made things go a lot faster rather than counting a whole year.
March 8th, 2010, 08:14 AM
liltuckers21
Thank you. I do appreciate all the hugs. I hope time does go by fast. I have tons of little projects like make the baby a blanket, finish our wedding scrapbook and organize and file all our important documents in a more fashionable way. I am trying to keep myself busy and I am still in college so I hope time does go by. I have to say the best choice I made was moving back home in with my parents. I am only 21 and this is my first baby and I couldnt imagine picture myself doing it alone without them.
Thank you and please just do me one favor, tonight when you go home or see your dh/so, hug him and kiss him. Tell him how much you love him. Life is too short to not do so.
March 8th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
I am so sorry.. Hugs to you!! One of my friends is saying goodbye to her DH for a year as well this month....... I look up to you... You have to be so strong for others, but just know that this is a place you can come to when your emotions get the best of you!!!!!!! MAJOR HUGS!!

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

March 8th, 2010, 08:17 AM
mommykristina's Avatar mommy to 3!!
Send a message via AIM to mommykristina
I'm so sorry, I've never had to deal with deployments as my DH is Airforce, but i grew up saying bye to my stepfather as he left b.c he was Navy, & it always hurt. If you ever need anything, just let us know, we're here for you.

March 8th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Huge, huge *HUGS* to you!!!!!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
March 8th, 2010, 08:18 AM
BluvnU4evr's Avatar Erica
I'm so sorry he has to be gone for a whole year. I pray he's able to make the baby's birth.

March 8th, 2010, 08:26 AM
harmstrong's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are strong, and you can do it! I have such a respect for military wives! My grandfather (who adopted me) was in the navy so I was raised in that lifestyle. My father in law is in the navy currently and my husband is used to that lifestyle as well. It sucks, but you ladies have so much courage. I have always said that there is no one as strong as a military wife.
March 8th, 2010, 08:28 AM
shannonranee
Awww I am sorry - I hate those days. Trust me it will go by fast - esp since when yours comes home mine will be heading over. If you ever want to talk or even just need to vent when things get crazy (like Deers totally messed up and took us all off sometime in the last few days so until things are corrected I have NO health insuracne, and then have to go through whole process all over again to get a referral - when the baby should be watched close because she isnt growing) you can always PM me.

Last edited by shannonranee; March 8th, 2010 at 08:32 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search