GRRR! Dr Appointment.. NOT what I wanted to hear!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
So I went for my check up... I had gone in on Friday because I was having some cramping pains and concerned about contracting. Well they took a urine sample and sent me home telling me I was constipated.

I got a call yesterday saying that I have a UTI (number 2 for this pregnancy and I NEVER get them)

So I started antibiotics yesterday, I had my regular check up scheduled for today, my blood pressure was 117/68, I gained no weight.
My doctor checked my ankles for swelling and yes they are swollen... She measured me, I am measuring 25 weeks.. but so is baby.

My doctor is really concerned about preeclampsia with me, they sent me home with a big jug to do a 24 hour collection (Basically I pee in a jug for an entire day) I also have to start coming in every 2 weeks now b/c she wants to monitor me closely (i'd be okay with this if i wasn't already seeing my high risk OB every 2 weeks, and soon to be twice weekly!)

I'm glad to know that I am being watched so close but this is wearing me out. I work full time, both of my kids are in baseball/softball now which is in full swing (we have practice every day this weekend except Wednesday which is church day). I am trying to wrap up my girl scout cookie sales, and manage the girl scout meetings (we have one today at 4:15-5:15 and my son has baseball practice at 5:30!)

My tummy hurts

I just want to curl up and cry!

Sorry to vent, I'm just having a moment.
March 9th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. The "endless" appts are draining --not to mention juggling work and kids schedules. Is there any way that your Dr can suggest you go on medical leave due to stress? I was where you are with DS in 2008 and at 32wks she was going to give me orders for medical leave, but I went into preterm labor instead and had DS at 34wks. Stress can have bad effects on baby and mama.

I'm already partly in the endless appt boat right now although it's not as hectic as your schedule. I go to my OB's office weekly for either a shot or dr visit. My next peri is in 4wks and then it's weekly so I'll have OB/peri every week starting at 29-30 wks. If it gets too much, I'll talk to my OB about a medical leave. I also work full time and have one in school and one in daycare.

I'm sending you big hugs. You can make it. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it or give up some of your responsibilities.

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by Mama Chemist 73; March 9th, 2010 at 08:07 AM. Reason: added content
March 9th, 2010, 08:14 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Is there anyone who can help you get your kids to and from places? I am sorry you are having a rough time!!!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 9th, 2010, 08:15 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally can relate! I feel like I am always at the drs and in about 4 weeks those visits are increasing to 2x per week, I have to juggle work, appointments, Sydney it is tiring for sure! HUGS!!
March 9th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Veteran
That's a huge bummer. But I agree, is there any way to cut back on work? I'm at least going to schedule some vacation days I've saved up...maybe one every couple weeks. Or if you have personal days...anything.

I am curious where the pre-e concern is coming from. Your BP is good. Do you have a past history?

Hope you're able to manage to take care of yourself...that's most important right now. Get help wherever you can!
March 9th, 2010, 08:28 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by neefer View Post
I am curious where the pre-e concern is coming from. Your BP is good. Do you have a past history?!
I was going to ask the same thing? Is it just because of the swelling in your ankles?

I hope your 24 hour urine comes back fine. Hope you find a way to take it easy, is it possible the swelling is just from all the running around?

March 9th, 2010, 08:51 AM
I was told I'm at a higher risk for Pre-E since I am diabetic.. however my blood pressures have been great this whole pregnancy.. I have no history of pre-e.. and I think the swelling is what sparked my Ob's interest.
March 9th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
is there anyone that can help out with getting the kids to & from places??

March 9th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Yeah, my mom is going to help when she can and then Dh of course... but he works until 6 every night and practice usually starts at 5:30 and its a 25 minute drive. I don't mind suffling the kids around, I wish I didn't have to work right now, but Dh and I need the money to get stuff for baby and just for day to day bills... We were hoping to get ahead by June so I could cut back on work after Logan gets here.
March 9th, 2010, 12:11 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*Hugs* I'm sorry! That sounds so tiring! I hope your 24 test comes back clear.
March 9th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
Goodness. If I lived closer to you, I'd help you out some!!!! unfortunately, me driving an hour and a half, woudlnt do either of us any good..lol

Major HUGS to you..Im so sorry..... is your work company pretty good at letting you off work for your appts?

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

March 9th, 2010, 01:55 PM
BluvnU4evr's Avatar Erica
Girl, I'm reading your other post right now too. You need to take care of you, Momma!

March 9th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jen I am so sorry! I know how you feel about the every 2 week appointments. I was going every week then moved to every 2 weeks, and then I finally got a come back in a month and went in 2 weeks later cuz of cramping and back pain.
March 9th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Veteran
That is so weird about differing opinions from doctors. I was the one who was concerned about MY minor swelling at my last visit. And my dr said, "It's not a problem...you're just pregnant. You still have ankles...by the end, you won't even HAVE ankles." I had told him it sounded early for swelling...PLUS I DID have hypertension with my first dd AND I'm 44 years old!!! So my risk is also pretty high. He brushed me off. So your dr is concerned over swelling...sheesh...I'm confused!! Sorry...but I don't trust doctors. And we only have 4 OB's in this town, and only 1 hospital..my options really suck.

Let us know about your urine check...I think it'll all be fine.
March 10th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Hope the urinalysis is okay.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search