Oh, hold on, don't everyone jump in to help at once! *insert sarcasm*

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
I am going to vent again, because today, that's what I'm doing aparently.

As most of you know about me, I am one of those "overdoers" I do too much.

So tonight is Girl Scout meeting night for my troop. I've got the lesson planned on, snack, everything in place. I sent out an email asking for a mom volunteer to finish up the meeting because I have to leave early tonight. All she has to do is make sure the girls get snack, clean up, and then make sure everyone goes home with the right parent, and then lock up the building. I will do everything else, but can't stay to finish up the end.

I have NEVER missed a meeting, never asked for more help then "hey can you over see this craft while I over see this other one?" I need help for 15 minutes, I have 13 girls in my troop... HAS ANYONE OFFERED TO HELP ME?!?! OHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... not one person has said "hey I'll help!"

I'm so sick of this.. I'm not the babysitter, I'm a troop leader with a very busy schedule. I only took the position as troop leader because I wanted my daughter to have a troop.. no other mom could step up and do it.. the only two moms who've offered to help in the past just had babies last month.. they can't really do much right now...

I put a lot of time and energy into planning meetings and having the girls do fun things... all I get is mom's complaining that "oh we can't go to camp that night of the week.. thats just no good for us" or "why is that event so late?" (as if I am the one planning the events, I just get us signed up for them).. I seriously think that some of these women think that I get PAID to do this, or it's my full time job. I'm seriously considering throwing the towel in, my daughter wouldn't miss it that much, she is in gymnastics and softball...

So here's to me rushing home after work today, grabbing the kids, and running out the door again.. not to return home until 7-8pm tonight... after working since 6:30 this morning, using my lunch to go to a LONG and disappointing doctor appointment.
I really want to cry.
March 9th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh that sucks. I don't know what I can sell to help. I feel for you though.
March 9th, 2010, 12:52 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First, I'm sorry that no one is stepping up to help out.

Second, I would send out a follow up email indicating that as no one has offered to assist, the meeting will end early tonight by 20 minutes as you are not able to stay to the very end.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
March 9th, 2010, 12:52 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs! that really sucks that no one steps up to help!
March 9th, 2010, 12:56 PM
ipsa's Avatar Mommy Times Two
Ditto on the email idea. And I'm sorry that you are so stressed.

thanks to Jenn for this beautiful siggy

[/url]
March 9th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the suggestion girls, I sent out an email saying that the meeting will probably have to end early tonight. I am * * this close to having a nice head to head with all the moms.
March 9th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry things are so crazy for you. I know this probably won't help, but best of luck.

My Ovulation Chart
March 9th, 2010, 01:54 PM
BluvnU4evr's Avatar Erica
I'm sorry it's all been on you for what seems forever. I recall your frustration with them before. Maybe now's the time to ask someone to step up before things in your pregnancy get more difficult like requiring more attention, not necessarily more difficult.

March 9th, 2010, 03:28 PM
shannonranee
That sucks. My mom quit doing scouts becasue of that same reason. they all wanted thier kids to go camping or to go to events but non of the moms wanted to help.
March 9th, 2010, 03:28 PM
harmstrong's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a pain!!! I hope someone jumps on it for you!
March 9th, 2010, 03:34 PM
hey there elizabeth's Avatar Johnathon's Mommy<3
I'd just like to say that my mom running my girl scout troops was way better than softball or anything to me

I wish we hadnt moved I wouldve stuck with it.

BUT the memories I have of her & our troop will stick with me forever!
They make me smile everytime I think about them

Im sure the same will be true for your daughter!

especially since my mom had two boys and me, it was like OUR thing.

^^ Thanks Niamh!!!<3

March 9th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
Jen, my son is in boy scouts and it seems they are ALWAYS cancelling meetings due to the leaders not being able to make it, or having other places or things to do. I think in the past few weeks, we've only had one meeting and we usually meet 1x a week (every tuesday night)... There is NOTHING wrong with you sending out an email to cancel a meeting or end a meeting early..... You have a TON of stuff going on and if the other moms are too "ignorant" to even see that, then they just need a rude awakening.. It would totally tick me off if I were in your shoes... You have enough going on without having to worry about someone not stepping up to help out.... MAJOR HUGS..

I've bee there, Although I don't have a full time out of the home job, I coached Cheerleading for our churchs Upward team (my daughter was in my group) last year and although I had a co-coach, things were always coming up and she couldnt make it and I was doing most of the work. Luckily, we had a mom or two that was willing to step up to help if needed...but there was a few times when NO ONE would step up and it was very stressful. I couldnt imagine doing everything that you do, with a full time job, softball, gymnastics, baseball and girl scouts AND being pregnant.. In fact, me being pregnant was the ONE reason we didnt do the whole baseball/soccer thing this season......

Hugs!!!!!!! vent all you need to! If you feel you need to take some time off (of girl scouts) then do it. You can always come back at a later time and do it more if you want...

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

March 9th, 2010, 06:07 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry they are treating you like that. (((BIG HUGS))) I don't see any problem at all with having to cancel or end a meeting early - you are just as busy as they are.

The only suggestion I have for getting some help and getting them more involved is to set up a rotating schedule where a parent is troop assistant for a meeting. We did something like that with my 4-H club when I was a kid. 2 families would be in charge of coming up with some kind of game and snacks/drinks for after the meeting. You could assign your parents snacks and to be there for extra help.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Last edited by babyloves2dance; March 9th, 2010 at 07:53 PM.
March 9th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*hugs*
The other moms need to step it up IMO. It is not fair to you!
March 9th, 2010, 09:18 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
March 9th, 2010, 09:36 PM
caitie_pie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to caitie_pie
alright, I'm on my way to help... it's about a ten hour drive but I think I can do it lol.

I can't imagine none of the moms stepping up with that many girls in your troop. I had maybe 7 girls in mine... if that. My mom and a few others always stepped up.
I think that if they don't at least try to make a decent effort then you should... I don't want to say quit but maybe 'strike'? I think you need to say something to these mom's, That would totally frustrate me if I was in your position.

And you know your daughter better than anyone else. If you think she'd be ok with leaving girl scouts, then she probably is. Besides, there is always next year.

Thank you Julka for my amazing Siggy<3
March 10th, 2010, 02:15 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Sorry this aren't working out.I agree wrapping it up early is the best route to go.

Sorry things aren't working out.I agree wrapping it up early is the best route to go.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

March 10th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Thanks girls! I ended up ending the meeting early. Some mom's seemed got a little upset about it. One mom walked into the meeting JUST as we were finishing up and said "I have to go pick up my boys now"... I said "UH no, we're done!"

A couple weeks ago we had to cancel a "patch" get together because I couldn't get a hold of the people in charge of the event... I tried all the way up until 3 hours before the event and then I called off the event, this was 2 weeks ago. Well everyone got my message about it being called off except ONE mom.. and she decided to chew me out last night about it. I quickly put her in her place and stepped up for myself... saying I am doing the best I can, no one is stepping up and helping... I'm at work all day and don't have time to make sure everyone got my message.

She quickly rebuttled and said that "Oh no, you're doing a great job!" I wanted to scream! Some moms seemed upset that the meeting was over early, but no one said anything because when I told them "the meeting is ending early, no one stepped up to help with the last half of the meeting" They didn't say a word.. some were like "Oh I would help but..."

Anyways, it's over now and I'm super tired. We didn't get home until almost 9 last night.. I got in bed around 10:30 and of course here I am up and at work at 6:30. I'm so sore!
March 10th, 2010, 07:41 AM
LG1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good for you! You'd hope it would make some of them realize this shouldn't be a free ride for them, but unfortunately, most people are too selfish.

March 10th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I'm glad you ended the meeting early...I would have just waited for a mom to complain and would have said...hey...help out and this wouldn't happen!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search