Anyone else NOT having trouble w/ hormones, mood swings, etc?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2010, 01:56 PM
StarrMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It seems like everyone is having trouble dealing with preggo hormones, mood swings, etc. I have to say, I haven't had any of that. I've been in a pretty good mood most of the time.

I stayed on my depression meds this time (I went off them when I was preggo w/ DS) so maybe that's why, but I'm actually (gulp!) enjoying my pregnancy these days. If you knew me when I was preggo before you would never believe I could say that!

One of the reasons I don't post much lately is that things have been going pretty well and pretty uneventful. Sure, I have round ligament pain, occasional heartburn, and my first ever varicose vein (ick!) but I've actually been pretty happy, except for work & money worries.

Also, my DH and family are usually great, so no big complaints there lately. My only major complaint is my boss, as usual. She's still as impossible to deal with as ever, but that would be the same even if I wasn't pregnant
March 9th, 2010, 02:09 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not having huge hormonal mood swings (at the moment - knock on wood). Sure, I have my down moment, but that's usually when I am way tired and have way too much going, so I think that would happen pregnant or not. Most days things are going pretty well, and I am enjoying things for the most part.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
March 9th, 2010, 02:34 PM
MrsB1227's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was hormonal and had mood swings during the beginning part of first tri but not lately at all. I do get angry when I'm hungry though, lol, but that was always the case, it's just a little worse now.
March 9th, 2010, 02:41 PM
LOUSEE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not having mood swings (I am sure my DH will tell you differently), but I find myself extremly irritable... but I have been that way since I got pregnant, so I figured it was just one of those things for me.
March 9th, 2010, 03:08 PM
ipsa's Avatar Mommy Times Two
I'm kind of in the middle. Even though I am on an iron supplement, I am still really tired. The fatigue keeps me pretty short-tempered. I am really irritable and very quick to anger. It's not first trimester bad, but I can still be difficult to deal with.

thanks to Jenn for this beautiful siggy

[/url]
March 9th, 2010, 05:08 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad to hear things are going well with you!! That's great! You are lucky not to be hormonal. I almost went CRAZY on dh yesterday because he pretty much used up all the peanut butter I just bought in 2 days. I felt the rage building up inside but I didn't say a word and just went to bed. I am so glad I didn't say anything because when I woke up this morning and thought about how mad I was, I felt so dumb. I mean, it's just peanut butter.
March 9th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I envy you.
March 9th, 2010, 07:01 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, no major mood swings or hormone up and downs here.

I'm having some physical stuff to deal with - just found out I have gestational diabates - but I feel really upbeat and fine.

March 9th, 2010, 07:32 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had any issues and I'm not an emotional person anyways. I'm exactly the same pregnant as I was non-pregnant except a growing belly Dh has it too easy, LOL! I really have nothing to complain about and I've enjoyed my pregnancy so far.
March 9th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Shellybaby3's Avatar Super Mommy
I like you have stayed on my meds for anxiety and I can honestly say I am not hormonal AT ALL. I have been the same......even DF says I am normal. Every once in a blue moon I will act a little hormonal. Well I guess DF doesn't like that much because he won't even LET me blame it on the hormones when it happens. He expects me to have virtually NO mood swings EVER haha.

[

March 10th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Cool, I'm glad you're feeling good!

I agree with the pp, my dh got off pretty lucky. I think my temperament has pretty much stayed the same. Not to say I'm all sunshine and roses but I'm petty much my regular self. I'm trying to stay positive about most things because it is what is best for me and my family. The only real difference I have found is that things that I would normally find sad now make me cry a little. I guess I'm just feeling a little more empathetic than usual. More motherly?

Dh is totally moodier than I am.

March 10th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I had bad hormones first tri...and I'm told they may come back third tri...but so far 2nd tri has not been bad at all... I am hoping that 3rd stays the same, but I'm not going to hold my breath!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search