My proper update

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2010, 04:20 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Now I'm not feeling as crappy...

So as you all know I started having these pains Saturday morning, they didn't seem that bad or at all regular (like 5 in a 6 hour period) so I just put it down to maybe having a stomach bug or just braxton hicks. Then Monday I woke up cramping really bad and the pains seemed to becoming more often but I honestly still didn't think much of it. I called mid-block (L&D) described what had been going on and the midwife (L&D Nurse) said to come up and just get checked. She wasn't overly concerned either... When I got there they hooked me up on the machine that monitors your contractions and bub s heart. I was having contractions every 8 or so minutes some coming as early as 5 mins some as late as 10. After having 3 she got worried and went to find the head of nursing. She came in looked at the machine and said "good thing you came in" at this point I was starting to get nervous, they were talking about transferring me to the city by helicopter I was constantly cramping and the "tightenings" were painful. I had a friend with me as Chris had the flu so he stayed home with the kids. I got up to go to the toilet and give them a urine sample they said I had something in my pee that indicated maybe a UTI. So then they tried to get a hold of my doctor but they couldn't so they called the on-call one and he was just a dumby. He told them to give me an antibiotic through an IV and some fluids. Then they got me to take a pill to stop the contractions (dont remember the name). I took one and then another one half an hour later and then another one half an hour after that. The contractions started to space out but they were still coming. Eventually Dr. Dumby (obviously not really his name) comes up and ses oh good they are spacing out lets hope they keep doing that and left... They then told me I was being admitted. I got my own room so that was alright I've never gotten my own room up there before. They kept giving me the pills I think it was every 8 hours at about 9pm they put the machine back on and in half an hour I only had one contractions (It wasn't as strong as ones before either). I went to sleep at about 10 ish, woke up during the night with a migraine (thanks to the pills to stop labor) and cramping so they gave me a heat pack some panadol... I didnt get much sleep just kept alternating between bed and the shower all night. In the morning my doctor came up to see another one of his patients and was surprised to see me up there. He came and had a talk with me on our options and he said he'd like me to stay in and be monitored all day. He had a feel of my stomach and ordered some swabs and an ultrasound. They came and did a swab to make sure my waters werent leaking at all and they werent. They told me my U/S would be at lunch time so I organized Chris to come up at about 11:30 but they came and grabbed me at 11:10 Obviously I wasn't planning on a U/S so I didn't get any pics or anything because I didn't have my purse on me. Bub was so cute and big we saw its facial features so clear it was big lips and cheeks looks so much like Oliver ... its body (arms, legs torso etc) measured a little small but its head measured 25 weeks looking forward to pushing that out Anyway by that night I was still cramping a little but not much and I was no longer contracting so I begged them to let me go home with Chris and Oliver...The longest I've spent from Ollie is 12 hours I was missing them all so much it was stressing me more to be away from them. So they agreed since my U/S results looked good but I'm on bedrest again and I have an appointment on the 19th with my doctor. I only live like a 2 minute drive from the hospital if I get pains again. Oh and to top it all off I now have the flu

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

March 9th, 2010, 04:26 PM
LM1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, what an ordeal. I'm glad things are looking better and you got to go home!

March 9th, 2010, 04:39 PM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww you poor thing, that's a lot to go thru I'm sorry!!

So happy to hear that bug is doing great though, get your rest!!

March 9th, 2010, 04:43 PM
harmstrong's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow. What an ordeal! I'm SO glad you're ok! I hope the flu clears up quickly and you're feeling better soon.
March 9th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm happy you're ok. Hopefully it was a one-time thing and the bed rest helps. Wishing you a speedy recovery from the flu!!
March 9th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
so glad everything is ok!!!! about the flu!
March 9th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Veteran
Wow, I am glad to hear you are doing better. Well, besides the flu. I hope you have no more issues. Keep us updated!

Ansley Grace, the joy of my life, is a great big sister!

March 9th, 2010, 05:40 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad everything is ok!! Sorry about the flu though. I hope it clears up super fast. Poor thing!
March 9th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Emma I am glad to hear the contractions stopped and that you are able to be home. But I am so sorry you have the flu.
March 9th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I'm glad to hear you're home & well Emma, but I'm sorry you had to go through all that, and that you were away from your littlies.. that would be really hard (((hugs)))

March 9th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Canuck_78's Avatar Super Mommy
So glad things turned out well so far. What an ordeal though! WOW So sorry you have the flu now. That sucks!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

March 9th, 2010, 10:14 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Thanks ladies, I really missed my kids I've never spent more then like 12 hours away from my 17 month old and it was almost 24 hours before I saw him again He wouldn't come near me for a while either made me feel sooo guilty... I'm sending Chris to go pick up the pics from my ultrasound in about 15 mins I'll share them when he gets back

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search