Let's Talk about TIRED

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2010, 07:17 AM
ipsa's Avatar Mommy Times Two
I am so tired. It makes me lazy, lethargic, irritable, and I am not getting everything I need done.

I have been on iron supplements for three weeks now and I have seen absolutely no change in my energy level.

I get a *good* amount of sleep each night. Not every night is great but I average 7 hours per night with one or two wake-ups.

I am certainly not overexerting myself during the day, as I have no motivation to do anything. It doesn't really feel like an all over body exhaustion either. I am pretty stressed about some money issues and DH and I have had some arguments.

Is it normal for me to be this tired? It's approaching first trimester seriousness.

So, ladies, in addition to my specific situation:

1. How tired are you?
2. How well/how much are you sleeping?
3. Are you on an iron (or other) supplement and has it had any effect on your energy level?

thanks to Jenn for this beautiful siggy

[/url]
March 10th, 2010, 07:31 AM
shannonranee
Today I am very tired. for some reason our power went out at 11 last night (probably due to wind) and it got so freaking hot in this house I couldnt sleep. Finally the power came back on around 2:00am.

IDK how much I sleep a night. DH schedule is always changing so it makes my schedule change. some mornigs he has to be up at 3:30 - others like today he didnt have to get up until 5:00. then of course in his days off we sleep in (or at least try).
March 10th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*hugs*
I am not in your situation, but I feel your pain.

I am beyond exhausted, literally to the point of tears.
I sleep 3 or 4 hours most nights. More if I drug myself with Phenergan.
I am not on an iron supplement but was on b12 awhile back and it did nothing for me. still felt the same way..

I think we all need a vacation.
March 10th, 2010, 07:48 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
I had a 2-week SUPER exhausted week in the middle of the 2nd trimester, it passed so I hope yours will pass. Try eating higher iron foods too and rest when you feel the need/want to.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 10th, 2010, 07:52 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. How tired are you? VERY!!
2. How well/how much are you sleeping? I don't sleep great, mostly because my daughter still wakes up at night and even when she doesn't wake up I wake up at least 3 times to pee and get a drink. I usually go to bed between 10-11 and I am up by 7am
3. Are you on an iron (or other) supplement and has it had any effect on your energy level? no just prenatals, I had my bloodwork done last week for anemia and I haven't heard from my OB office, so I think it must be ok because if it wasn't they would have called by now.
March 10th, 2010, 08:28 AM
LM1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Extremely tired. My sleeping has been just awful and I can't get comfortable. Mostly due to my hips aching non-stop. I'm not taking any supplements other than prenatals.

March 10th, 2010, 08:36 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I average between 4-5 hours of sleep a night (on a good night, and its broken up sleep not all at once), and then I have to get up and take care of Carly all day. It's rough and I'm exhausted all the time.

March 10th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
Sleep is almost non-exsistant for me, I'm ALWAYS tired... I have my iron test on Monday.
March 10th, 2010, 09:26 AM
harmstrong's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. How tired are you?
I have been REALLY tired lately. Like waking up and not being able to function tired

2. How well/how much are you sleeping?
not good at all. I've been getting too hot at night. We got a ceiling fan for our bedroom to help circulate the air so I am hoping this helps. I hate having things blowing directly on me but this should help. Thankfully we're in good with our apartment maintenence man and didn't pay for it, he ordered it for us for free
DH is a HORRIBLE snorer lately. He's always had sinus/adenoid issues and it seems like lately it's 10x worse. I think because of the weather warming up. It makes it hard for me to sleep though. That or he rolls over and there's a arm on my head or in my back. It's just not happening anymore. Last night I slept on the couch and it was MUCH better, so that might be what I have to do for a while.

3. Are you on an iron (or other) supplement and has it had any effect on your energy level?
Up until now no. As of today though I am. I took an extra iron and folic acid. I'm hoping they will help me stay awake!
March 10th, 2010, 10:35 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been sooo tired lately that I'm actually drinking a half of cup or a cup of coffee everyday for the last week. I didn't even drink coffee in the 1 trimester! So yeah, I can relate. I'm only taking prenatals.

March 10th, 2010, 10:39 AM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
1. How tired are you? Feeling ok now, but was really tired!!
2. How well/how much are you sleeping? Not that great, some nights I can't sleep, or wake up & can't get back to sleep
3. Are you on an iron (or other) supplement and has it had any effect on your energy level? Iron helped, but what really helped was adjusting my thyroid meds. Being pregnant is tough on the thyroid, and just fyi 85% of women taking thyroid meds need to adjust their dose up by 30-50% if pregnant!

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search