back pain

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know about anyone else, but my back has started to kill me! I sit in an office chair all day and it's getting hard to move by the end of the day. Today a book fair came to work (yeah, weird) and they had these back support things you can put on office chairs for $7.50. Well I bought one and right now, ahhh, it's feeling good!

Anyone else feeling the pain?

dd Oct 2006, dd Nov 2007, dd June, 2010, and
DS due Sept 6th, 2011 YAY!!

March 10th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Yeap I'm starting to, for sure... especially when I've been walking around, for more than about 10 minutes

March 10th, 2010, 11:31 AM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My pain back was out of control a couple of weeks ago but it seems to be getting a little better. Not sure how that worked out but I am grateful. I hope yours eases up a bit!
March 10th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
oh yes, I had to buy a back support for my office chair as well.. it's made a big difference but I still hurt a little.. I also had to raise my seat up and that helped some however my big belly makes it hard for me to reach my key board sometimes.
March 10th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Nightkd's Avatar First Time Mama!!
I've had back pain for a few weeks... Went into Babies R Us and tried on one of their bump supports and it really made a difference...only thing is, they only stock sizes medium and large and I'm a small - didn't want to get the medium and find that it only provided temporary relief because it wasn't quite the right size, iykwim?

Fortunately I don't have to sit in an office chair all day anymore! I sit in my glider! (which isn't fantastic all day either...).... The chairs at my work already sucked on my back, let alone with a bump adding to it all!

xx

March 10th, 2010, 12:05 PM
LG1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yeah, big time. I blame my bed mostly! Even with extra pillows and a body pillow. I just can't get comfortable so my back aches as well as my hips. I'm usually a stomach sleeper, too, so that sure doesn't help!

March 10th, 2010, 12:11 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Yup! Only when I sit in a certain position for a little too long, like sitting up in bed on the laptop...in 15 minutes I am so done with the computer.
Try epsom salt too, my doctor told me it was good to use.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 10th, 2010, 01:17 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definately. My back is quite sore by the end of the day. I have a good anount of moving around in my job at the moment, and try to alternate between sitting and standing, but usually after lunch I am sitting most of the time. I notice the same thing on the weekends when I am doing stuff around the house or running errands. By the afternoon once I sit, it is really painful to get back up and get going again.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search