Back from drs

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2010, 12:30 PM
shannonranee
it was a fricking nightmare (not the dr though). So i get there and sign in - they call me to counter saying that my insuracne is saying they will not pay for my appt - even though they gave me a referral - because I have other primary insurance. I said no i dont. SO i go out in hall and call insuracne and the lady is like yeah you have PHP primary though your employeer. I told her I dont even work. So she looks to see where they got the information and she was like well when you went to ER we show they billed PHP as primary. I said IDK where they would have gotten that must be an error in their billing. she kept saying well you need to get us proof you dont have that insurance. I said so both me and my DH have told you I have no other insuracne and we have signed papers to that fact (when we went on Prime) and yet because and ER makes a billing error and first bills the wrong insurance you are going to believe them - and the lady was like yes. So finally after a half hour I got that all straightened out. my appt was supposed to be ar 11 - I got in at 12:30 because of the insuracne issue.

The appt was very quick though - the military facility sent over some of my records but they were a huge mess because they did not send them in any order and picked and chose which ones to send. So the dr says he just going to redo all my blood work and do an ultrasound tomorrow because he finds that the results from the military facility are not always accurate anyways and to see him agin in one week when he will have all blood work back.

so tomorrow I have to be at drs from 8:30 - 11:30 for all blood work (and I mean they doing all again - OB panel, all STD's - again even though I have none, pre-e blood work and something else) and 3 hour glucose and then back at 1:00 for ultrasound.

The nurse said I should be feeling the baby move a few times every hour - I told her I dont feel her move that often. So the nurse said well drink something cold or poke at her to get her to move. I told her I try but baby is stubborn and if she doesnt want to move she wont. So nurse meausres me and baby doesnt even move. then she decided to do real quick ultrasound to get baby HB and see her. baby doesnt move - HB was great 148. she pokes around trying to see baby face - she wont move. finally after about 5 min nurse was like I guess she is stubborn cause she will not show her face at all - not even a profile view - LOL. I was scared at first cause nurse said my uterus only measured 20 weeks. so dr remeasured - I measure right at 26 weeks - but he had to find uterus between my ribs - idk if that cause I short or what. he said the reason nurse thougt my uterus was shorter is cause of how baby is laying and from scar tissue from Laps that he can feel a second ridge (i guess that what you want to call it) right at my belly button and that is what nurse thought was the top of my uterus - he said it does feel the same but it really not.
March 10th, 2010, 01:15 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Goodness!!!!!! All of the blood work again?!! eeks!!! I'm glad you got the insurance straightened out. What a headache!
March 10th, 2010, 01:20 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Im sorry your appointment started off crummy with the insurance. How exactly do you prove you DONT have insurance when you dont have an employer who can verify that!? Crazy!!!
At least you will get to see baby again, so yah for that!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 10th, 2010, 01:28 PM
LOUSEE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What an ordeal! I am glad you got everything worked out though!
March 10th, 2010, 01:30 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sounds like a pain in the arse! glad it worked out though and that you had a decent appointment with the dr! good luck tomorrow!
March 10th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
What a mess.I'm glad you got it all worked out.Glad baby is happy in there and hope all tests come back fine.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

March 10th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow - what a way to begin as a new patient! Glad it all got straightened out though!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
March 10th, 2010, 01:53 PM
shannonranee
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandaceDianne View Post
Im sorry your appointment started off crummy with the insurance. How exactly do you prove you DONT have insurance when you dont have an employer who can verify that!? Crazy!!!
At least you will get to see baby again, so yah for that!
That was my thoughts also. Tricare is good for messing things up - we were just in their office yesterday fixing their last error on the insurance that they made. I told DH I cant wait to see how they manage to screw it up when he leaves for school. Just about a month ago I got them to crorrect the errors they had then. They had me listed as both a dependant of DH and of MY ex - seeing drs in El Paso TX but living in some town in colorado (that I have never even been too), and they were sending all my appt info to my EX instead of to me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search