Help - should I buy this Angelcare baby monitor?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2010, 03:33 PM
anickel's Avatar Loves her little Liam
So there's an AngelCare sensor baby monitor for sale used and in good condition. She's asking $50 and says it's not old. It's the AC301 model that has the pad the baby sleeps on and the alarm goes off if no breathing/movement is detected for 20 seconds.

Babyphones and Baby Movement Monitors | Angelcare Monitor

I just want to know if any of you have used this monitor and if it's something I should have? The AC401 model doesn't seem that different but it's $140 new.

Would you buy it?
Help????

March 10th, 2010, 03:38 PM
LG1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm always worried about used stuff not working properly, so personally I probably wouldn't. Maybe look it up on a consumer reports type site and see what the reviews are?

March 10th, 2010, 03:39 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't have that model - I had the simple one without the temperature, just movement sensor and sound - but I LOVED it!

It's always tough to know if a used product will be worth it, but it seems worth the risk.

For what it's worth, the portable monitor of ours has been dropped on tile floor, dropped down the stairs, it has popped apart, and it STILL works. He's 2.5 and we sitll use it (we don't use the movement sensor anymore because he's in a toddler bed and it just wouldn't work.)

March 10th, 2010, 04:44 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can you see it before you buy it and test it? I definitely want one of those monitors. Im a bit paranoid.
March 10th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would definitely test it out before buying it, just to make sure it does still work. But the Angelcare monitors are great for peace of mind in those first few months.

We used it with DD once she moved to her crib at two months and I slept a lot better knowing that the alarm would go off if something happened. The alarm actually did go off a couple of times, but they were false alarms, when she had rolled away from the pad. I think they are a great investment.
March 10th, 2010, 06:19 PM
MommyPoky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MommyPoky Send a message via MSN to MommyPoky Send a message via Yahoo to MommyPoky
I dunno about used- but I definitely want that monitor!

March 10th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Have it. Used it. Loved it. Using it again.

Definately buy it. So long as it works etc, I would go for it. I got my Angelcare monitor 2nd hand, and have had no problems with it... I'm going to use it for Emersyn too

March 10th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have the 401 and LOVE it!! definately test it before you buy it! all she has to do is turn it on and check that it beeps after 20 seconds
March 10th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Shellybaby3's Avatar Super Mommy
I plan on purchasing one of these for peace of mind. I think they are worth their weight in gold. Nothing will make me feel better than knowing if I can be in the room if my baby stops breathing there will be an alarm to let me know. That is Priceless

[

March 11th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Ana32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought a new Angelcare Monitor for Keona 4 years ago. Was ok, but sometimes, in the middle of the night, the pad sensor was not able to detect her breathing and I had some very scary weak ups. I will not use it this time.

Keona Chloe & Jon

March 11th, 2010, 07:44 AM
mommykristina's Avatar mommy to 3!!
Send a message via AIM to mommykristina
i have one that i used for DS after he got seizures and wanted to be sure he was still breathing,i love it and the fact that you can use it just as a monitor too and switch to sensor pad, i recommend it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search