GD update!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2010, 03:45 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Saw my endocrinologist on Monday, and today saw the nurse clinician and the dietitian (the doc and the nurse and dietitian work as a team in the Diabetes in Pregnancy Care Clinic at the hospital I'm delivering at.)

Honestly, I feel GREAT ... I did fail the three hour test, but only on two of the four draws, and the two I failed weren't crazy over, so it's not wildly out of control.

The bad news is I have some indications of likely having had some glucose intolerance prior to pregnancy, and with my family history (dad has diabetes and maternal uncle has diabetes) my chances of developing it later are higher.

But I've been following a general GD eating plan for a week and a half since it showed up in my urine, and I have more energy, my skin looks better, and I've dropped five pounds (which puts me at 10 pounds total gain for the pregnancy.) That might sound bad, but I'm heavier to begin with, so losing is not a bad thing for me even at this stage in pregnancy, as long as it doesn't get to be a lot.

Today I got my lessons in how to test my blood seven times a day, so I'll start doing that tomorrow... and then I spent an hour with the dietitician creating a personalized eating plan.

It's basically eating the way I know I should ANYWAY... so this kind of forces me to do it!

So, I'm excited to learn all this stuff and get going on everything.

The only bad things today: a car that we were going to be selling THIS AFTERNOON broke down unexpectedly this morning! And then my husband got into his other car and it's SOAKING WET inside... there's a leak (or he left the window open for a few days and doesn't want to tell me.)

So those things are not so good

March 10th, 2010, 03:57 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad you had a good appointment! sounds like you have a great attitude!
March 10th, 2010, 05:02 PM
shannonranee
glad you had a good appointment.
March 10th, 2010, 08:57 PM
BluvnU4evr's Avatar Erica
I agree... great attitude and glad your appt went well.

March 11th, 2010, 05:37 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Good news about your appointments! Glad you are getting your GD under control!
Sorry about the car, that sucks!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 11th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
Sounds like you have things under control! Glad your appointment went well I hope that the car gets fixed soon.
March 11th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are on top of things. I'm happy your appt went well. That stinks about your car though.

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search