Trying a "At Home Business" anyone else? Feel free to try this too

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Shellybaby3's Avatar Super Mommy
So because I plan to be a stay at home mom and decided to look at the classic DIY business's I decided to go with something that not only interests me but seems to have a lot of people that ENJOY selling the product. So i'm sure all you ladies have heard of Mary Kay, and Avon, well Avon has a new line out that is geared more towards a younger generation. My start up fee was actually very in expensive and they send you tons of $ worth of stuff to start your business. They also give you a website to sell your products on. If anyone else is looking for a business to try and do at home I would recommend this. I am sure it's going to be one of those business's that you get back what you put in but if you are willing to dedicate time to it then it will probably be pretty good. I am going to post the link to my online store for everyone to check it out. IF anyone else wants to sign up for the company please use my link so I can get a referral. Also if anyone else knows any sites similar to this selling stuff can you please post it here because I would love to be able to sell multiple things from home so I can make the most amount of money possible.

thanks ladies!
Oh for anyone interested the link is
http://rdyche.mymarkstore.com/

*I hope this doesn't goes against any terms and conditions here, that is not my intention. I am not trying or intending to spam just figure I would share this info with others. Oh and as most of you know I am NOT a troll lol. Just thought I'd share what I think is a good idea!!!

[

March 10th, 2010, 06:59 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you like candles, these are awesome!!

Flameless Candles, Scented Candles : Scentsy Candle

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 10th, 2010, 07:07 PM
shannonranee
Mark has actually been around for a dew years now. I have bought a few things from that catalog.

The body shop (store) has an at home sales line now. I have never sold it but I had parties - they were nice. also there is party lite candles or Old Orchard candles.
March 10th, 2010, 07:10 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pampered chef is a big one. I know I just went to a show 3 weeks ago and spent $185.
March 10th, 2010, 07:12 PM
shannonranee
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLee View Post
Pampered chef is a big one. I know I just went to a show 3 weeks ago and spent $185.

I forgot about them - I LOVE pampered chef stuff.
March 10th, 2010, 07:12 PM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i tried to do avon once but threw it away because the woman that was ment to help me and teach me what to do did nothing. She wouldnt even call me when I needed help or when she said she was going to.

March 10th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Shellybaby3's Avatar Super Mommy
Pampered Chef would be good but I am SOOO not interested in cooking or cooking utensils for that matter.
I am looking into the candle idea.
I am however VERY upset that the Body shop doesn't allow at home sales in the US only UK and Australia because I was super excited to potentially do sales for them.

Thanks ladies you are all super helpful. Oh and feel free to buy some of the products from Mark if you are interested. The quality is actually really nice.

[

March 10th, 2010, 07:58 PM
shannonranee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellybaby3 View Post
Pampered Chef would be good but I am SOOO not interested in cooking or cooking utensils for that matter.
I am looking into the candle idea.
I am however VERY upset that the Body shop doesn't allow at home sales in the US only UK and Australia because I was super excited to potentially do sales for them.

Thanks ladies you are all super helpful. Oh and feel free to buy some of the products from Mark if you are interested. The quality is actually really nice.

The body shop used to allow in home sales in the US. that is how I had a party - they had a lot of really good products too.

Oh wow I just looked it up - they quit doing in home sales in the US march of 2009 - that sucks.
March 10th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I used to sell Tupperware! I was my own best customer LOL
March 10th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I currently sell Epicure...I'm not sure if you ladies down in the US have heard of it, it is still very new, but is amazing spices and dips that are way better for you than the store bought brand...less MSG, less sodium...that sort of stuff...

Epicure Selections | Recipes, Herbs & Spices, Dips, Cookware, and Home & Body Care

If you are from Canada, I'm sure I can ask around and find a consultant in your area if you are interested.

March 10th, 2010, 10:29 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man, I'm a home party junkie - Epicure, Pampered Chef, Tupperware, I've had them all! (And love pretty much everything I've bought!)

I used to sell Avon and Mark, but I ended up buying way too much stuff for myself, lol!!

Mark has some awesome stuff!! Actually, I bought a purse through the Mark line a few years ago, and I'm not joking, I get compliments on it EVERY single time I bring it anywhere - like it will be sitting next to my chair at the hair salon, and someone walking by will spot it and stop and comment on it. I actually ended up buying a second one so that when the first one got worn out, I'd have a back-up, lol!

Good luck!!!

Marci, I'm in Canada... and I do buy Epicure from time to time... do you have to buy from a rep near you, or can you buy online from a rep anywhere in the country?

March 11th, 2010, 06:16 AM
shannonranee
I am a total home party Junkie too. IDK if they are still aound or not but Princess house used to do home parties and there are always toy parties (adult toys or childrens toys - just depends on what company you choose - lol).
March 11th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
You can order it on line, or I can ship it to anywhere in Canada for a $5.00 shipping fee or 7% if it's over $100.00.

Christine - if you are a home party junkie, have you ever thought of selling it?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search