Sparkpeople.com

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For those who may need a little more support with the weight loss thing... or who want some really great tools, recipes or whatever... sparkpeople.com is a really fun website that I used when I lost a ton of weight back in 2008.

Anywho... so I just logged back on there after being absent for like, a year and found this quote in my old siggy there:

Quote:
I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am. The only time it's too late to change yourself is when you're dead. Until then, you're simply making excuses or lying to yourself.
It's so true. I know I am just making excuses for why I am not eating healthier or doing any exercise. I am just so disgusted with the way I look, I can't stand to look in the mirror. I was sitting down last night and I looked down and I just had this huge roll of fat that folded over my waist. I almost started to cry! So I need to take that quote to heart again and get off my fat arse and make a change. My husband gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy (like 30lbs!) and I know he is super bummed about it and I feel guilty because I feel like it's my fault. Anyway, that's all. I'm rambling. I just wanted to share that website in case anyone found it helpful. I personally love it.

Major
March 11th, 2010, 11:55 AM
HeatherLopez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thank you for sharing the website! I will use it for sure. Also, I totally know how you feel. I feel the same way.
March 11th, 2010, 01:25 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have used it in the past, too--it's great! And I'm with ya on the fat roll, and being frustrated & depressed about my weight/body. But I guess that's what it takes to really get serious about losing weight.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 11th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to amylou378
I joined today. I'm feeling really bad about my weight and appearance and it's time to do something about it.

March 12th, 2010, 07:00 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Great site!

I understand how you feel. I can not believe how big I am. When I had to go get pants so i could have something to wear to work I had to get an 18!! 3 years ago I was in a size 6!
Then I see articles about how they have made sizes 'bigger' so an 18 is actually more like a 20 or 22

But we are doing something about it! Thanks for the site it helps to validate when I make a good decision!

March 12th, 2010, 09:07 AM
I'm right there with ya Sam. I have one pair of non-maternity slacks I can fit into for work and they are a size 16 from Old Navy.... a really generous size 16. I should be wearing a size 18. I went and bought a pair of jeans a couple of weeks ago. They are size 16 and have some spandex in them to stretch. I've been wearing my bella band with them so I don't have to button them. I just couldn't bring myself to buy a bigger size. I worked really hard to not have to shop in the plus size section of stores and I just can't bring myself to step foot back into that section

Major
March 12th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Ooh_lala's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am right there w/ya nicole. && thanks for sharing that website.

Over the course of my 3 pregnancies my DH went from 180 lbs to 220 lbs, so sometimes I feel like he is even more self consious than I am, and when people comment about his weight, he blames it on me being pregnant and "sympathy eating" with me.

BTW, I'm going to steal your quote for my facebook if you wont mind I think it's awesome.

Piper- 02/12/07
Camden- 02/27/08
Ryker- 01/12/10
Atticus- 05/26/11

FINALLY expecting PINK again! Tatum Carlee EDD 06/08.

You don't have to ask, yes we know what causes it, and since you're asking and dont, google might be a nice place to start.
March 15th, 2010, 05:55 AM
vincentsmom
I just joined sparkpeople.com

My dh swears by it...he used it a few years back to lose all the weight he has lost. I am so ready to stop being self conscious about the way I look.
March 15th, 2010, 05:28 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I love sparkpeople! I haven't been on it in like a year, but I still get the emails and read them often. I need to make time to get back on their this week and get back into it..it's an awesome site!

I know how you girls feel about the jeans thing I used to wear a 5/7 and now i'm at around a 14-16..I swear sometimes I pull my jeans out of the dryer and hold them up and they look HUGE..I'm like OMG I fit in these big *** things!!
March 19th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I signed up and I even got the free app on my Iphone! I was using the Dailyburn app but I like this one much better since I can also do it from my computer! The app is pretty cool too!

March 19th, 2010, 01:58 PM
If you guys want to join a really fun and inspiring "team", look for the "Done being the fat girl" team. It is probably the most active group on there and there are so man great women of all shapes and sizes! It's awesome

Major

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search