TMI but worried about Diarrhea - any advice?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Voodoo Lady's Avatar Latin & Greek Professor
I have been experiencing frequent "loose stools" - not total water but definitely not solid - for the past 48 hours or so. My little dog has been in and out of the vet's with back problems, and today had spinal surgery (she is already awake and doing great, they say) but I have, obviously been under a lot of stress, so my husband thinks it's stress. I have no other symptoms.

I called my midwife and she says that since I've had some vaginal/urinary tract infections in the past few weeks, and am using probiotics to repopulate my gut flora since the antibiotics have killed it all, that having some diarrhea is normal while my system gets itself back on track, however this is the strangest sensation I've ever had.

It's not the frequency (about 6 - 10 times a day) nor the consistency (pardon my reference) that is freaking me out - it's the power of the gut spasms that are sending me to the toilet.

I don't feel any contractions that I'd label as "uterine" - assuming I know what that would feel like - it does just feel like bowel spasms - however they are so powerful it feels like some kind of "poo labor." My whole body is involved. It's as powerful as puking your guts out so hard that you bust a vessel in your eyeball, but the other end. It's starting to scare me.

No other symptoms - no uterine cramps, no bleeding, nothing that seems related to my uterus or vagina. Baby is kicking like a little soccer player. Other than having a sore bum and being sort of tired, I have no other symptoms. Anyone have any idea what this could be?

I'm drinking plenty of fluids with the salt/sugar balance for electrolytes, and I'm eating plenty of food. I just feel like there might be something else wrong but none of my pregnancy books mention "over-active bottoms."

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Voodoo Lady

March 11th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*hugs*
Maybe you just ate something that didn't agree with you? Or you caught a stomach bug...

I feel your pain. I've been there, and I had some stupid stomach virus.
March 11th, 2010, 10:49 PM
tasheroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No idea what to tell you about the loose stool part but for the bum hurting part I recommend the preparation H wipes or suppository for pain relief. The suppository most likely won't help the diarrhea. But it really helps the pain from pooping so much. I used the suppository after I was constipated for like 2 weeks and then had diarrhea for another week, just 1 of them helped a lot but didn't help the loose stools a bit since it sort of expands the rectum. Not totally sure on the correct terminology for that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search