Cleaning list

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2010, 08:13 AM
shannonranee
So what does everyone cleaning list look like before the baby comes?

Besides my regular cleaning of laundry, dusting, vaccuming, and that kind of everyday stuff I have:

Livingroom:
Vaccum and steam clean couch and chair
oil wood furniture
clean off fireplace (from winter debris)
steam clean carpet

Dining room:
Oil furniture
steam clean carpet
Organize DH papers into file cabinet

Hall:
Organize the coat closet
steam clean carpets

Kitchen:
Clean out cupboards and oil wood

Nursery
Clean carpets

Guest room:
Organize closet
clean up DH desk
clean carpets
vaccum and steam clean mattress

Our room:
Oil wood furniture
clean carpets
vaccum and steam clean mattress

Laundry room
organize cupboards

I am also hoping at some point maybe Dh and I can get to that garage - it just a matter of him getting days off work. supposedly they have a 4day pass coming up and 4 days for easter - so maybe between the two weekends we can take a day and do that - it needs it bad. I had it organized once and IDK what he did to it but it is a disaster.
March 12th, 2010, 08:15 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Mainly just keeping everything tidy and clean like I usually do. I do need to clean the base boards though.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 12th, 2010, 08:19 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't made a list yet, but we have started with moving boxes and junk from the garage to storage last night & we cleared out the babies room finally. You would *think* having 3000sq ft in this house we would have room but noooo we have to rent a storage unit instead. Can't wait for MIL to move out so we have more space and not that much clutter around. I am way too much of a neat freak & all her crap is driving me nuts.

Basically we can't really do anything until she moves cause her junk is in basically every room! BLAH! Wow sorry for the rant!

March 12th, 2010, 08:23 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
just normal spring cleaning that I do every year. the windows need to be done so bad but I am waiting for it to warm up a bit. other than that I really want the outside work done before baby.....planting, mulching, patio and deck set up and ready for summer. I am really anal about the outside of our house and gardening so it really needs to be done ASAP, hoping the weather starts warming up soon!
March 12th, 2010, 08:33 AM
caitie_pie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to caitie_pie
I just need to get organization tools for LO, oh and I need to fix DD's dresser. We will only be here for a couple months so after that will be when the real work begins.

Does anyone know where I can get back of the door hangers? possibly even the ones that stick out a couple inches for hanging more stuff on... my mom used to have some for when my sister was a baby and since I'm tight on space I really need some of those.

Then after we all move back out to WA... who knows what I will have to clean and organize... I'm really hoping DH will help me this time... he always thinks its up to me to do unpacking and organizing...
Right now I've already gotten all DD's toys out of our room... well not all lol. After the baby shower I will have to re organize and be creative with the new places for new things. Gotta utilize that under the bed space!!! get some shelves and put them up and get a stuffed animal hammock!

Thank you Julka for my amazing Siggy<3
March 12th, 2010, 08:48 AM
shannonranee
Quote:
Originally Posted by caitie_pie View Post
I just need to get organization tools for LO, oh and I need to fix DD's dresser. We will only be here for a couple months so after that will be when the real work begins.

Does anyone know where I can get back of the door hangers? possibly even the ones that stick out a couple inches for hanging more stuff on... my mom used to have some for when my sister was a baby and since I'm tight on space I really need some of those.

Then after we all move back out to WA... who knows what I will have to clean and organize... I'm really hoping DH will help me this time... he always thinks its up to me to do unpacking and organizing...
Right now I've already gotten all DD's toys out of our room... well not all lol. After the baby shower I will have to re organize and be creative with the new places for new things. Gotta utilize that under the bed space!!! get some shelves and put them up and get a stuffed animal hammock!

I know how that goes. with this move Dh was already in TX so I was in MI I had to pack up the enitre house by myself - then get a few guys from work to help pack the trailer. once it got here to texas DH had a few of the guys unpack the trailer but next day he was back at work so that left just me to unpack everything and organize everything too.
March 12th, 2010, 08:50 AM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Besides the normal cleaning....

Go through the kitchen cupboards

Vacuum ceilings

Wash all of the windows (there's a lot)

I still have boxes that need to be unpacked from our move

I just want to scrub down everything

Rearrange furniture in my room

Go through Ds's toys and give/throw away a lot

Get all of my ebay inventory out of the dining room

Since we just moved in, everything is pretty much clean, I just need to go over it a little.
March 12th, 2010, 10:17 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandaceDianne View Post
Mainly just keeping everything tidy and clean like I usually do.
Ditto....our house is new and we are always cleaning it to stay ontop of things, so we just need to continue to do what we are.
March 12th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing in particular, we keep our house pretty clean so theres never any need for a "big clean" Things like washing baseboards and windows I already do once a week lol.
March 12th, 2010, 04:21 PM
shannonranee
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabrinaK View Post
Nothing in particular, we keep our house pretty clean so theres never any need for a "big clean" Things like washing baseboards and windows I already do once a week lol.

Normally I do too - but then with the way this pregnancy has gone so far I have not been able to do a lot of that stuff (and of course DH only picks up - doesnt clean like that).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search