30 day "fitness" challenge...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Way to go for going after a crazy day. I'm pretty sure my butt could not get out the door at 830! I hope the water didn't have you up too many times last night.
May 5th, 2010, 06:35 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifey2Jordan View Post
I felt much better when I got home though, so i'm glad I went.
I always feel better and sleep better the nights I do cardio....which probably means I should do it every night!!

May 5th, 2010, 07:10 PM
~Constance~
I haven't checked in for awhile but I've been doing great. Averaging 4 servings of F/V and 84 ounces of water daily. And I logged 240 minutes of exercise time in April which was a struggle to do but happy that I got that much.
I got in two miles today plus 30 minutes of yard and garden work. Weeding is great exercise!
May 5th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Are you still having pain, Constance?

Today turned into crazy day this afternoon. ILs came over, so I had to get dinner ready for everyone, but then I had to rush out to go pick the truck back up. Hubby brought home the leftover pizza from a work meeting he had to lead today, so I snaged a piece of that on my way out the door. Then I had made a cake and I had a piece. I sent half home with the ILs and I think I'll send the rest of it to work with hubby just to get it out of the house.

No walk this morning because it looked like it was going to pour any minute (of course then it never did) and then I ended up cleaning after lunch instead of getting on the treadmill. I really need to get in some exercise tomorrow.
May 5th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kris~ View Post
Are you still having pain, Constance?

Today turned into crazy day this afternoon. ILs came over, so I had to get dinner ready for everyone, but then I had to rush out to go pick the truck back up. Hubby brought home the leftover pizza from a work meeting he had to lead today, so I snaged a piece of that on my way out the door. Then I had made a cake and I had a piece. I sent half home with the ILs and I think I'll send the rest of it to work with hubby just to get it out of the house.
Mmmm, cake and pizza, this is going to turn into one of those evil "what are you craving" threads that makes me want to go out and eat everything that everyone listed! Think of it this way, if you were crazy busy all afternoon, i'm sure you burned a decent amount of calories just getting everything done right?

Today was good for me. Calories were about 1745. I did 45 minutes on the elliptical, then a few free weight arm exercises. I'll be home all day tomorrow though, and I tend to eat when i'm bored, so I must have some willpower!
May 6th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I promise, okay I'll try, not to mention more bad food.

Today will be a better day, today will be a better day, today will be a better day!!!
May 6th, 2010, 01:40 PM
It's 1:30, and i'm already at 1227 calories for the day. Yikes, I better slow it down! I think today will be a high day, guess I better hit the gym tonight.
May 6th, 2010, 03:48 PM
pout

I am missing my walk tonight. I am doing something fun, but it will have us out too late for me to meet my walking partner for our 5 miles.

I'll have to make up for it with the a 5K tomorrow. I've been training with our 5th grade students who are running a 5K tomorrow. I don't usually exercise on Friday, so I'll count it as a makeup!

May 6th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Sheesh, your going to run a 5k? I'm impressed! Although you could power walk, and keep up with running 5th graders.
May 6th, 2010, 07:43 PM
OH no no! I am not going to run. They'll run and I'll walk behind them.

May 6th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Have fun "robo legs!"

I finished off the day strong. After my 1225 calorie count at 1:30, I only had 1/2 cup of carrots for a snack, and then some more leftover tortellini veggie soup. Not sure the calorie count on that, but I don't think its too bad, so i'm probably within my limits for the day.

Had an easy workout tonight, just 30 minutes of cardio, and 10 minutes of stretching, it felt nice.
May 7th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't count calories yesterday-we were eating up various leftovers of stuff I didn't have accurate counts for. I did walk 6 miles though-4 in the morning with the boys and then 2 in the afternoon with the whole family.

It's rainy nd cold here today so I will have to get on the treadmill later.
May 7th, 2010, 04:10 PM
~Constance~
I am feeling better Kris, thanks for asking!
You'd think my body would be ok with all the stretching out since this is my third time around but for about 4 weeks there it was nearly unbearable to move about beyond basic housework and keeping after the kiddos. Ugh.
I guess that means I'm glad I popped and feel huge because the pain is significantly reduced!
You all are doing so well that I feel kinda embarrassed and longing for the days pre-preggo when I was so active. But I'll cling to the accomplishment of having exercised every day this week!
Still going great with water(80-90 ounces)but only moderate with fruits and veggies(4 average).
My appetite keeps growing. I'm going to need more than willpower in the next month or two to keep away from the ice cream.
May 7th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I need to do so much better with my water Constance! You are my inspiration!! I have been slacking so bad.

Today's 5K was HARD the wind was fierce and I was pushing Evan in the stroller. Whew. it wore me out.

Drama at work didn't help the eating today. Not really stressing or even regretting it, but just disappointed I let myself emotionalize my food, ya know?

Yummy turkey burgers for dinner though!

May 8th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Forgot to update yesterday...calories were okay at first-1735 BUT then hubby took out the BBQ chips! AGHHHH! Um yeah, no idea how many calories I devoured with those. I only walked 2 miles yesterday. The scale wasn't too nasty to me his morning, so that's good. Hoping I can get back on track....I've had too many bad days lately.
May 8th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Don't feel bad Kris, I haven't even been able to keep track the last 2 days! I haven't been eating bad, but sometimes you think your doing fine until you add it all up, ya know? Today has been EXHAUSTING, I haven't had one second to sit down. All i've eaten so far is a bowl of oatmeal, a pb&j, and a few strawberries. I think i'm good to eat a few calories for dinner, i'm kinda debating on mexican food. Haha
May 8th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You probably burned a ton of calories with being busy.

I didn't track today-again-too many things going on to keep careful track. I think I did okay though. No walking-I swear the weekends kill things for me.
May 10th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Somebody stop me! I've been soooo bad yesterday and today. Mothers Day brunch yesterday, there was donuts, and choc covered strawberries. Plus I had frozen yogurt at night, not just a little bit either. Then my brother gave me a huge cupcake from sprinkles (they are TO DIE FOR) and I ate it today.

UGH. I suck!
May 10th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a REALLY BAD WEEKEND! Lots of eating and no exercise, which also means I haven't gone to the bathroom. Sorry for TMI. The scale was pretty scary this morning-up about 2 lbs from where I have been. But I've been mostly better today, walked/jogged 4 miles and after that I went to the bathroom-A LOT! Hoping tomorrow morning the scale is nicer to me.

We all have our off days. The key is to have more on days than off days. Can you go to the gym for a bit today to try and make up for it?
May 10th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Ya, I was afraid to get on the scale today. No bathroom for me either.

I'm going to try to get to the gym tonight, but i'm headed out to work now for a while, won't be home till 7 or so. I'll have to go after that. Wish me luck that I have the motivation.

Glad you had a better day today!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search