30 day "fitness" challenge...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Awesome!

When we took a walk the other night, hubby was pushing the stroller (and thus walking faster than he normally does) and I started having some cramps, but I made him slow down and they went away.

Today was the first time in quite awhile that I got to take a 4 mile walk outside! It was great! It's either been raining or I had a kid or kids to watch for the past few weeks. When I have a kid to watch, my almost 5 year old rides his bike, but he can only do about 2 miles before he's pooped out. So since we had no kids today and no errands to do both my boys were able to ride in the stroller so we could go farther.
June 16th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad its nice enough for you to walk outside! It's way to hot here (in my opinion) for outside exercise. Its been in the high 90's.
June 17th, 2010, 05:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, that would be too hot for me too. When we were in TX, I felt so bad for all the ladies that live in warmer areas! I felt so much more pregnant there than I do at home.

We're in the 70-80s, so it's great. I'll only get a short walk outside today since I have kids to watch.
June 17th, 2010, 07:01 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
90's is way too hot!! We walk around 8:30 and it has gone down a bit, but even 85-89 is stifling. At least we don't have the sun on top of that, ya know?

Kris - I bet if you have noticed eating more salty stuff, you body is retaining water. I found that to be happening to me when I would eat out more than eat in (vacation - busy weeks at work - etc). I had to double my water intake, which was high to start with and add lots of lemon to my water, but it eventually evened out.

June 17th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep-my weight was WAY up after vacation (we ate out every meal except 1 for 5 days!) but it has come down since then. The scale was a little better this morning.

Got a 2 mile walk in so far today. Hoping for another 2 miles tonight with hubby and the kiddos.
June 21st, 2010, 09:56 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I have been doing great. I have not gain anything in the last 2 weeks ! YA
The doctor never called yet about my glucose test so I think that is all good

June 21st, 2010, 11:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's wonderful!

I have been slacking lately. EEK!
June 21st, 2010, 12:21 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been slacking off lately too. But at my 28 week appt, I came in at 191. Only a 1 lb gain since my appt 3 weeks before! I would like to start back with exercising for 30 minutes a few times/week. Maybe dh can keep me motivated. My biggest problem is motivation.

June 22nd, 2010, 08:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
WTG Kim on only gaining 1 lb!

Gee, thanks hubby! I haven't walked on the treadmill in awhile since I have been trying to get outside, but he's been using it some. This morning I got on and oh my I felt like I was dieing....when I finally got into a groove and decided to up the incline I discovered he had left it inclined at 2. Now, I realize that's not a ton, but enough to make a difference for this preggo lady! So I got in 2 miles this morning before breakfast and we just came back from a 2 mile walk outside. Pregnant lady walking with 1 kid in a harness (he doesn't listen about walking closely), 2 kids in the stroller, and 1 more on his bike. What a sight!
June 22nd, 2010, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Calories were higher than they should have been today. Hoping I cando better tomorrow. I've been caving in to temptation too often lately.
June 23rd, 2010, 04:29 PM
I'm caving to temptation too much lately too. I think I put on 6 pounds this month. UGH. I'm still at about 15 pounds total, but i've jumped a ton lately on the scale. Haven't had any time to exercise lately either, (for about a week) which isn't helping. I've been having alot of cramping, and the doc told me yesterday that if it keeps up I need to cut back on my hours at work, and rest more. I was pretty depressed last night.
June 23rd, 2010, 07:56 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Went to the Doctor on Tuesday and I lost 2 lbs in 2 weeks..Ya Ya. So total gain so far is 20 lbs. I have been walking every night also. Eating I find I snack more than eat abig meal. So just trying to make better choices. It is amazing how I feel sooo much better after a walk ( outside after all the kids are in bed ). Just me time.

June 24th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Way to go for walking every day! I know it puts me in a better mood when I get my walk in-and I sleep better at night too. As soon as the kid I watch gets here, we're headed out for 2 miles before it gets too steamy out.
June 24th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay day...2 mile walk outside. I wanted to walk again when the kiddos napped, but my guy was resisting.
June 29th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No walking over the weekend. Boo!

I walked 4 miles yesterday and did 200 arm exercises, but we went out for dinner so that'll throw things off.
June 30th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Kris, it sounds like you are doing great!

I still have been slacking off on the exercise so I'm proud of you ladies that are keeping it up!

Today at the dr, I came in at 190! So in the last 2 weeks, I have lost a pound somehow. I have been avoiding temptation so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. I have been eating well. Total weight gain so far is only 10 lbs.

June 30th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's great Kim! You have a great shot at staying under 200-which is my goal...heck it was my goal the other 2 times and I blew it!
June 30th, 2010, 06:14 PM
It's my hope to stay under 200. If I see the scale hit that, I will cry.

June 30th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We walked about 1 mile tonight-just up to the park and back. This morning was busy with errands, then nap and then the boys wanted to play in the yard.

Planning on a 4 mile walk tomorrow morning since it's just me and my boys. BUT, then I'm going to Ribfest at night, so I'm sure I'll eat way too much.
July 1st, 2010, 10:21 AM
I've been a total slacker in the exercise department lately. I was going to try to hit the gym last night, but the Air conditioner was out at work yesterday, and by the time I left there...I was tired of being hot, so I said forget the gym.

Still doing ok maintaining my weight gain though. My goal is to stay under 200 too, we are all similar! I'm 186.5 now, up 16.5 pounds since pre-pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search