30 day "fitness" challenge...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2010, 12:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got in a 6 mile walk this morning and it was so nice to be outside! But, this evening will be a mega calorie fest.
July 4th, 2010, 02:18 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Hey fit mommas!!

Kris - I don't know how you do it - carrying a toddler in a carrier while walking? I can barely carry my 2 year old up the steps. Impressive girlie!

I thought my conference in Denver was going to tip my scale much further than it did. I didn't gain any weight while I was there even though I ate every meal out for 6 days. I also had to walk everywhere I went b/c we didn't have a rental car. So I was averaging around 5-7 miles a day without counting the work outs in the morning. I think that helped control the weight.

My walking partner comes back this week from vacation, so hopefully we can get back into a routine. When I have to go on the treadmill, I just get bored and only do about 30 minutes at 4.3. When I am with her I walk over an hour at 4.6ish. That speed will probably slow down QUITE a bit with me lugging around this baby.

I go to the dr on Thursday, and I am praying I haven't gained any weight since last time (according to my scale, I haven't). This will put me toward my goal of 30 pounds total weight gain for this pregnancy. We'll see. Really anything between 30-35 will be fine, but I would like to stay at 30.

July 4th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbella View Post
Kris - I don't know how you do it - carrying a toddler in a carrier while walking? I can barely carry my 2 year old up the steps. Impressive girlie!
I haven't done this in awhile-I use our bike trailer/double stroller combo when we go.

WTG for not gaining any weight while at your conference!

I have been so bad lately and the scale is showing it. I also haven't walked since Thursday....I'm having a major hemorrhoid issue-whch annoys the heck out of me since I wasn't straining to go or anything, but it's BAD! Needless to say, getting out and walking isn't high on my list of things to do right now.

I don't know how you walk so fast! I'm lucky if I can get the treadmill up to 4, I'm usually between 3 and 3.5.
July 6th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today is a better day, the weekend was not good for me. Darn homemade apple pie, and brownies from scratch. I just can't get rid of my sweet tooth lately! I didn't even get on the scale this morning because I was too scared.
July 6th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was hoping for a better day today, but I was bad-too many leftovers!

I am so afraid of what the scale is going to say at the dr tomorrow. I had to schedule an appt for them to check out my hemorrhoid issue-OUCH! because it's not getting any better with the meds the ER gave me. So not only have I been eating like crap, but I can't walk either.
July 6th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Might I remind you that you still have not actually GAINED anything this pregnancy? You are fine, a few pounds is not going to break you! Sorry about the roids, they suck.

I FINALLY got in a workout tonight. Hoping now that i've made the first step and started again after a 2 week break, my motivation will keep up now. *fingers crossed*
July 7th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifey2Jordan View Post
Might I remind you that you still have not actually GAINED anything this pregnancy? You are fine, a few pounds is not going to break you! Sorry about the roids, they suck.

Walked with my walking partner last night for the first time in about a week and a half, and it felt great! We are going again tonight b/c my appt is Thursday morning and I want any advantage I can give myself.

July 7th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the encouragement girls. I am just so afraid of packing on the pounds in the third trimester like I did the other times, so when I start to see jumps on the sclae (like 3.4 lbs in the last week!!!) I get really nervous!

I hoping the doc can give me more meds to make this angry thing go away. I'd love to get out and walk, but the pain that is sure to follow just isn't worth it. I've been so hungry too, which doesn't help. The med the doc gave me is a type of a steroid which I wonder if that is causing me to be so hungry. Whenever hubby has to take a steroid for his random allergic reactions he always eats like a horse and gains 5-7 lbs, but then once he is off of it he loses it. I'd love it if that were the case for me!
July 7th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Steroids definitely make you hungry. They used to give them to my dad while he took chemo so he would actually eat. I hate that you are dealing with roids - both kinds!!

Walked again tonight - same pace and same distance. I tried to drink a lot more water and I got some iron in my lunch. Please send up a prayer these legs calm down tonight!

July 8th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope the legs behaved last night.

Still no walk today, but I did clean the whole house and ran errands with the boys for 2 hours. Eating was better today too.
July 8th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Today was an ok day today. I feel like I ate alot, but most of it was healthy. I'm just soooo hungry all the time. I'm wishing I was dealing with feeling full all the time like so many others are. I can still pack away the food like no ones business.
I got a good workout in tonight, so hopefully I balanced out the food a little.
July 9th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The scale has been very evil lately. I wasn't sure if I was retaining water from all the salty food/junk I had over the holiday weekend which spanned 5 days of bad eating for me or if I truly gained that much recently, but this morning it was much nicer to me!

Yesterday the errands didn't seem to irritate things down south, so I am hoping to take a walk sometime today.
July 9th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Restless legs have not come back! YAY!

Kris hope your hiney is feeling better.

What kind of non-cardio exercises are you doing? Any stretching or yoga? I know we've mentioned arms - what are some of your favs?

July 9th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbella View Post

Kris hope your hiney is feeling better.

I have gained 3 flipping pounds this week. Please tell me its water weight. I haven't even been eating that bad. I'm just thinking maybe i've had too much fruit = too much sugar? I'm praying it goes down a little in the next couple days!
July 9th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully the scale is just bouncing around a bit-it's really hot out by you, I'm sure, so maybe your body is trying to hold onto extra water too. After the holiday weekend I was up like 4-5 lbs....but now it's back down. It really scared the heck out of me though! I drank lots of water for a couple days to help flush everything out and this morning the scale was better.

I just spent 2.5 hours outside moving rocks around the trees/bushes. I'm pooped!
July 12th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's getting toasty out there! Just got back from a 4 mile walk. Contemplating taking the kids to the neighborhood pool for a bit.
July 12th, 2010, 12:48 PM
The scale is weird that way. I bet you will balance it back out soon. The less sleep I get or the more stressed I am, the more the scale tips in the bad direction.

Speaking of sleep - got about 4 hours last night. I am a momma who NEEDS her sleep. Between just generally being uncomfortable, another bout with restless legs and huge thunderboomers, I didn't have a chance.

Pilates today for an hour, but that's all the exercise I am committing to.

July 12th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I definitely agree on the scale being nasty when I don't get enough sleep too!

Walked another mile or so to get to the pool and back-nothing fast or anything-I was in flip flops, but hey, anything counts, right? Played with the boys in the pool for about an hour and a half. Must haveworn out my little guy because he fell asleep in 10 minutes for his nap which is a record time I believe! I'm thinking of taking a nap too!
July 13th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Took a 2 mle walk this morning and then biked 2 miles to/from the storeto grab a few things. I would have liked to walk, but we were in a time crunch to get home before my kiddo's speech therapy.
July 13th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Headed out for my 5 miler tonight. The weather has cooled down a bit (88) since the storms this morning.

Food has been pretty good these past 2 days. I am starting to get that full feeling (sorry carrie!) that everyone is talking about. I can't eat as much as I used to, and this is just in the last week. I feel stuffed after about half of my dinner/lunch/etc. The scale likes that though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search