30 day "fitness" challenge...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2010, 07:23 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
That's OK, Amanda! There's always today

Today: goal is to watch (again) portions, eat my 70 g of protein, more fruits and veggies, and EXERCISE 30 min.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
March 20th, 2010, 07:26 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
That's OK, Amanda! There's always today

Today: goal is to watch (again) portions, eat my 70 g of protein, more fruits and veggies, and EXERCISE 30 min.
There is! And I have already planned all 3 meals and snacks, so there is no reason to deviate.

So what are you going to do for your 30 minutes of exercise??

March 20th, 2010, 07:43 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Alright, after a disappointing weigh-in this morning, I'll join!! Maybe your dedication and energy will rub off on me!

My only goal is to gain the acceptable 1 pound per week in the second trimester. I'll do this through watching what I eat and exercising.

So here's today: No treats (not even a peanut butter english muffin!) and I'm going to make myself exercise for 30 minutes (I'll use my Wii Fit for that since it's so crummy outside). And, I still have to clean the house, so that should kinda count for exercise, right?????

And to show you my dedication, I took the remaining half of the apple pie we bought earlier this week and put it in the freezer. Out of sight, out of mind, right???
March 20th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Good job, Amy!

Amanda... I'm going to ride my bike (stationary, we've got a foot of snow) and then either do a circuit or the gazelle too, to total 30 min...

March 20th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdaiwa24 View Post
And, I still have to clean the house, so that should kinda count for exercise, right?????
I think it totaly counts-bending, squatting, moving around, etc! I know when I clean I get totally into it and am often as out of breath from that as from doing my walks.

I need to eat breakfast and then get on the old mill.
March 20th, 2010, 08:49 AM
So walk starts at 12:30 and I am not sure if I want to eat early, or wait until after the walk (about 1 hour) to eat. I have a chix spin salad planned, so it won't be too heavy on my stomach.

Gwynne - the bike is so great! Any tv shows or music to watch or listen to?

That got me thinking - what do you like to listen to while you work out??
I just downloaded a new band/guy/group (?) called Rock Sugar. Totally rock out!

March 20th, 2010, 10:15 AM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love this idea!

March 20th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I'm going to work out in T-5 seconds and it's all going to be while watching March Madness, rooting for St Mary's to upset Villanova as we speak.

I usually like to work out while watching sports or favorite shows. My music is limited (I'm stuck in the past) and I haven't explored any new stuff. I like Blue October and some of BEP's stuff... I'm sure there are a bunch of songs I'd love, if only I'd hear them

March 20th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My treadmill has a tv built in, so during the week I can watch plenty. On the weekends though there's not much on. I need to get anotherconverter box so I can get more channels down there.

If I walk outside and all kids in a stroller/on me, I listen to older rock-Guns n Roses, REO speedwagon, Journey, etc. If any of the kids is walking then I don't listen to anything.

I did 5 miles this morning.
March 20th, 2010, 12:10 PM
niccimarie's Avatar Veteran
WOW, you girls are sooo motivated. I love it.. I have not got on a scale yet, but my next dr appt it oculd be dissapointing. SO my goal for this week ( im going to do it weekly) Is ride the stationary bike everyday for 20 min and try yoga , and nooooo fast food, and try to eat sweets during the day not before bedtime....
March 20th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Frangipani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
this is a great idea-especially since I just ate 3 Samoas girl scout cookies. I'm definitely in. Will try to go for a walk later. It's gorgeous outside!
March 20th, 2010, 02:24 PM
~Constance~
So far today I've had 2 veggie servings, 32 ounces of water and more than 2 hours of exercise between grocery shopping(I go without kids and speed walk everywhere)and playing outside with the kids this afternoon. I'm beat. And low on water and food. I think I'll get some carrot sticks and dip with another big glass of water.
March 20th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Okay, I never made it on the Wii Fit but I did spend my entire day cleaning the house (and going up and down our stairs dozens of times). And, I was really good about my eating today -- no sweets, ate some fruits and veggies throughout the day, and am planning on having grilled chicken breast w/ fresh veggies on a pita tonight for dinner.

I still have a couple of brownies left over from my birthday -- they've been calling me all day but I have resisted!
March 20th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I did okay at the party. I ate light beforehand so I could have some extra goodies while there. I had hoped to maybe get back on the treadmill tonight, but I am too pooped.
March 20th, 2010, 05:57 PM
sylph21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to do it too!!! But, given that it's already almost 8:00 on Saturday night, I'm guessing it's too late for a goal today. LOL! My goal for Sunday is to actually get off of my butt and take a walk! Unless it's raining. It's raining now and I'm not sure if it's supposed to continue into tomorrow or not.

March 20th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Who spanked those 5 miles today??? YUP, that would be yours truly!! I also left food on my plate at dinner because I was full. It was good and I could have eaten it, but was fully, so took it for leftovers tomorrow.

I might be walking tomorrow too because my walking partner had to cancel on me today - and I went anyway - but told her I would go with her tomorrow if it wasn't raining.

I also can't restricted myself. I can't say "no sweets" because I will gorge myself in the closet with the lights off with chocolate. So, I can be more liberal and say - one sweet after lunch and one after dinner. That way, I won't sneak any "bad" snacks in during the day.

March 21st, 2010, 04:50 AM
~Constance~
I ended up meeting my 3 goals yesterday: 64oz water, 7 servings F&V, and the exercise I mentioned.
Hope everyone has a healthy day today!
March 21st, 2010, 06:31 AM
Alright -- Happy Sunday everyone!

First of all, good job girls for reaching your goals yesterday! You rock!!!

Here's my mission today: going out to brunch with some girlfriends. I will NOT order the taffy apple french toast stuffed with marscapone cheese......soooooo yummy.......sooooooo evil. I will get eggs so I can have protein and will not get a side order of pancakes.

Then, we're going to the outlet mall for HOURS of shopping....which means HOURS of walking.

Hope everyone has a great day!
March 21st, 2010, 06:52 AM
Wow, great job on the walks and reaching your goals, gals!!!

I did well yesterday! I stayed within my limits for nutrition and snacks and did great on water and protein AND I biked (stationary) for 30 solid minutes while watching St. Marys UPSET Villanova!!!

Today, same goals! I have my doc appointment on WEd. I don't look at the scale there, since my appointments are in the late afternoon and I'm dressed heavier than at home, but I may weigh myself that day since I haven't in a while to see how much weight I have gained so far this pregnancy. I hope it isn't a boatload!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search