30 day "fitness" challenge...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2010, 04:40 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
My hip was bothering me this morning, but otherwise I have been pretty normal. My tummy feels more full today but I was hungrier (which I always am after a long walk), so maybe I just ate too much at lunch.

Food hasn't been a great success today, but no sweets, and for me that's pretty good. Plus I am staying on top of my water. I was slacking with that the past couple weeks.

July 26th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been REALLY bad and not tracking my calories, but I did it today.

Working on my last 24 oz of water to bring me up to 96 for the day+ the occasional sips I didn't count
We took a 2 mile walk after dinner too, so a total of 4 for the day....gonna sleep well tonight
July 29th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I have been bad and not walked in ... I don't even know the last time . My appointment I was up 2 lbs. A total of 26 lbs, I am fine with that as long as I don't really start gaining. But the 20 lbs I have put on before baby = 46 lbs I have to lose after baby

July 29th, 2010, 01:35 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was 195 at my appt yesterday. Ouch. 4 lbs in 2 weeks... not good! But I don't think I have been really doing any worse than before. I bet it's because of all the swelling. Drinking lots of water, taking it easy but it doesn't seem to be getting better. At least it's not getting worse. My feet feel like they're stretched to the limit. But my BP was acceptable, but it's in the pre-hypertension range. I guess no protein in urine, otherwise I think they would say something to me. Anyway, kind of got off topic there. Just not happy about the 4 lb gain.

July 29th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about that Kim, but the somewhat nice thing about it being most likely water retention is that it goes away easily once baby is born.

I haven't walked since Monday-been busy with stuff and lazy too.

This weekend won't be good for eating because I'm going to a county fair for 3 days, but hopefully all the walking at it wil somewhat balance out the bad eating.
August 1st, 2010, 08:33 AM
Walking will def counteract the yummy fair food.

Appt was good for me this week. 1 pound weight gain in 3 weeks. That makes me up 23 pounds so far. I tend to gain my most weight in the 2nd tri. Did that with DS too. I hope to keep it at 30 lbs this pregnancy. Blood pressure was good and cervix is closed.

On treadmill now (sorry for any typos). Slowed down to a 3.8 for this walk. Will incline to 5 and get some hills in.

August 2nd, 2010, 08:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My eating definitely outweighed my walking at the fair. Scale was UP almost 5 lbs since Friday morning. I'm hoping drinking lots of water today and hopefully being able to go to the bathroom will help. Not sure if I'll get a walk in today since I have the laundry, reinstall car seats, etc that comes along with coming home after being gone for a few days.
August 2nd, 2010, 12:35 PM
~Constance~
Wow that food must have been good Kris! You're probably right about all that being water retention from the salt and heat.
I actually lost 3lbs this week. What is going on with the fluctuations? I think I actually ate worse this week but I did stress more and worked like a horse on the kids' room renovation.
The nesting is really here and only the pain and contractions stop me from cleaning and organizing right now.
My fitness plans for the week include buying a fitness ball and using it with my short yoga routine. My midwife thinks it's a good idea. And of course more cleaning and organizing. I may try to get DH to call his friend to let us borrow his pool passes this week. It's so stinking hot and I love a swimming workout!
August 2nd, 2010, 02:23 PM
hey girls!

Kris - I loooove fair food!
Constance - swimming is such a great whole body workout. I used to be able to do 30 minutes straight. Last time I tried (last week) I think I lasted 7 minutes before I felt like I was dieing!

I'm out of town for the next 3 days for work - but hotel has free wifi. My doc said no working out while out of town. She said that stretching and a couple yoga poses to counter act the plane right and standing would be fine, but no cardio. So I have to eat out for the next 72 hours AND do no cardio. I'm not stepping on the scale until next week!

August 6th, 2010, 06:13 AM
~Constance~
Ugh. I've been having so many contractions that I can't seem to get anything done this week. Last night I had 16 in 90 minutes. Dh was getting really worried but I hadn't finished my drink water and lie down for one hour thing before calling my midwife. I know that if I can fall asleep then I should fall asleep since real labor is too agonizing to let me sleep and I need all the rest I can get. Had nightmares and contractions all night. This seriously stinks.
I also lost another pound.
I got my fitness ball last night though so I'll be using that starting today. And I start my EPO on Monday so that might help all these contractions to actually do something.
My plan for today is to use the ball and drink a gallon of water in addition to any other beverages. I doubt I'm dehydrated but the extra water can't hurt right? I also have the housecleaning and laundry to do today but I'll pace myself and lie down a few times if the contractions start up.
I don't know how those with Irritable Uterus have coped with this their entire pregnancies. I'm going on a month and half of occasional strands of them and it's miserable.
Ok. I'm done whining.
I'll talk about food. I've been craving oatmeal so that's what I've been having in the mornings. Right now my favorite way is with brown sugar, a sliced banana and almond milk. It's so healthy that it balances out the sugar and cream(and Bailey's this morning!)that I put in my coffee.
Yesterday I rocked the fruits and veggies. Had a banana, corn chowder, huge salad, and a huge sweet potato. 7+ servings.
How was your conference Amanda?
August 6th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you all are doing well! I haven't been exercising much, walking when I can but if I do anything about 3.2 I get super crampy and my belly gets uncomfortably tight, so I have to keep it slow now. I'm almost over my goal weight of 25 lbs, boo. Although I have definitely been having a serving of ice cream here and there, so i'm not surprised. I've gained 24 lbs total right now, so if I can keep it at 30 or under, i'll be happy!
August 6th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been slacking too....I didn't walk at all this week and I think I had ice cream every day. OOPS!
August 6th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Constance - wtg on the fruits and veggies. I really need to up my game when it comes to water. I have slacked the past 3 days and ALWAYS have a headache by 3pm.
Conference went well. They invited me to come back next summer to work with their preprimary division. That was a huge compliment in my mind.

Didn't walk this week until today. I'll walk again Sunday night, but I don't walk over 3 miles. It's been too hot here to do anything outside, so the treadmill has been my friend.

August 6th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbella View Post
Constance - wtg on the fruits and veggies. I really need to up my game when it comes to water. I have slacked the past 3 days and ALWAYS have a headache by 3pm.
Conference went well. They invited me to come back next summer to work with their preprimary division. That was a huge compliment in my mind.

Didn't walk this week until today. I'll walk again Sunday night, but I don't walk over 3 miles. It's been too hot here to do anything outside, so the treadmill has been my friend.
3 miles, shoot thats awesome. I was lucky I hit 1.5 the other night. LAZY bones jones over here.
August 7th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am pooped out! I can totally tell I haven't walk in awhile! My oldest went to the airport with hubby so the little guy and I went for a 4 mile walk...it felt like it took forever and it probably did.
August 8th, 2010, 03:44 PM
~Constance~
WTG walkers! I haven't exercised in so long I'm going to be winded the first time I try walking again. :/ I have been scrubbing walls, organizing and moving furniture though.
I've had a good appetite the last few days and it looks like I regained that lost pound and added one more. We'll see at my official weigh in at my appointment tomorrow.
Yesterday I used my fitness ball for some yoga. It felt fantastic!
I also had a gallon of water but only 3.5 servings of fruits and veggies. I went to a ladies tea at lunchtime and if I hadn't brought grapes to share there would have been nothing healthy at all there. It was good though! I was ornery and went back for seconds on the mud pie(they were tiny pieces). The lady who made them used pecan sandies for the crust. Oh my goodness that was good!
I haven't done my yoga yet today and I'm only at 64 ounces of water and 2 servings of F&V. I need to get dinner on and make up for being too busy to take good care of myself today!
August 9th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wish I liked fruits or veggies....I only seem to like bad food.

Got a 2 mile walk on the treadmill in. I definitely prefer walking outside!
August 9th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
After indulging in nachos for dinner I decided to hit the treadmill for another 2 miles. Last week I felt so tired and I think part of it was from not walking, so I am hoping to get back into this week so I can have more energy.
August 9th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Braxton Hicks SUCKS!

I walked 3 last night and going to do another 3 tomorrow. I didn't get to do pilates with my class today, so I just had to sit on the ball and teach.

Water has stunk today. Trying to get 20 oz in before bed just so I can pee all night long!

August 10th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Despite being slow (3.0 speed), I walked 2 miles this morning on the treadmill.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search