30 day "fitness" challenge...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2010, 11:39 AM
~Constance~
WTG, Kris!
Sitting on my fitness ball is so nice! Eases the contractions and pelvic pain and I can get in some light yoga stretching. I'm so tempted to start walking again. It may be painful but at this point I don't have to worry about starting regular contractions so why not.
The kids got a cold from Bible School last week and I got it too over the weekend. So yesterday I drank 18 glasses of water. Guess how many times I got up during the night?
Only once! I couldn't believe it either but my throat and stuffiness is so much better this morning!
My daily calories are steady at 2000. Yesterday's F&V was 4.5. I'm loving my fresh peaches and grapes.
My midwife's scale had me at a 1lb gain for the week. Fine by me.
August 10th, 2010, 07:25 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Seriously, getting on the treadmill at this stage is a huge accomplishment I don't think we should care how fast it's going!!

How's everyone sleeping?

Had to skip walk tonight. I have a raging sinus infection that has caused me to lose my voice completely and also causes me to hack up a Lung about once every hour or so. With a dr appt Thursday this doesn't make me too happy but maybe she can tell me what I can take to help.

August 11th, 2010, 04:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully they can give you somehing to clear up the sinus inection. That does not sound fun.

I've had the treadmill anywhere from 3.0-3.7 and let me tell you....at times the 3.0 felt too fast. I'm starting to get more pain in my right lower back/hip and I don't want to aggravate it, so I'll take it slow and steady.

I'm sleeping okay, usually only getting up once to go to the bathroom. I think I am just so exhausted by the end of the day that I fall asleep and stay asleep. THis morning I asked hubby why he didn't wake me up when he came upstairs because before I went to bed I had asked him to so that he could put some of the BenGay massage stuff on my lower right side and he said he did....I do not remember it at all. I must have been conked out!
August 11th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Got in 2 miles on the treadmill this morning and I've been cleaning this morning-which is really starting to feel more and more like a workout!
August 11th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got on the scale Monday morning at my doctors appt. and I was up 2 lbs in 24 hours. I was freaking out, even though I knew it was most likely water retention. Anyways, I was thrilled this morning when I got on and i'm down 3.5 now. Phew!!!! Still sitting at 24 pounds gained.

Been working most of the day, home for a 2 hour break then back to work till 7:30 tonight. I was going to try to get a walk in, but I just don't think its going to happen. Hopefully i'll get on the treadmill tomorrow!
August 12th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
2 miles on the treadmill a little bit ago, which makes 10 miles for the week! I had been slacking, but getting in some walking this week has actually boosted my energy again. It's too hot to go out-90+ temps that feel like 105, so I had to resort to the treadmill.
August 15th, 2010, 07:54 PM
UGH!
I suffered from a sinus infection all last week, so nothing was good. Gained 3.5 pounds in just 2 weeks but I know it was from not working out. Plus, I only gained 3 pounds in 6 weeks right before that, so I think I'm okay. Up 25 pounds total. I can live with that.

Heartburn and acid reflux has really made me look at my diet more closely. I have decided that I am just going to literally cut my meals in half. Like today, I had half a muffin for breakfast, a chicken sandwich and half a peach for lunch, container of yogurt for snack and half a turkey burger for dinner. I didn't really get any heartburn until after my walk. I think I ate too close to walking time. I need to eat earlier if I am going to be walking.

August 15th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry your heartburn has been bothering you so much! Glad today was a little better. Can I just say that if I only ate half a muffin for breakfast, I would be STARVING within 30 minutes. I cook 1/2 cup of oatmeal (measured dry, so its a good size bowl cooked!) and i'm still hungry 3 hours later most days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kris~ View Post
2 miles on the treadmill a little bit ago, which makes 10 miles for the week! I had been slacking, but getting in some walking this week has actually boosted my energy again. It's too hot to go out-90+ temps that feel like 105, so I had to resort to the treadmill.
Good job!
August 16th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Carrie I usually am too, but this hb and acid reflux just has me not wanting to eat.

Got on the scale and I've lost 2.5 pounds since Thursday. Not too concerned now but if I keep losing I'll talk to my dr about it next Thursday.

I hour of pilates today. Food cut back again, but seriously I don't know what else to do. I am not hungry when my throat is on fire!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search