30 day "fitness" challenge...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2010, 07:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck with the brunch, Amy! I am terrible when I go out to eat. Too many yummy things to resist.

Awesome job Gwynne!

I actually got back on my treadmill last night and walked another 5 miles (total of 10 for the day). I had weighed myself and was so disgusted with myself, even though I didn't think I did *that*bad at the party. The scale was okay this morning.

I am about to head downstairs soon for a short walk.

Last edited by ~Kris~; March 21st, 2010 at 09:31 AM.
March 21st, 2010, 11:21 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I feel like I am STARVING all day today, but I'm making good choices and really trying to think ahead for the rest of the day. If I do go a little over today, I may just try to work out a little longer (like another 10 or 15 min blip) later to wake up the metabolism. It's just wierd because I know I JUST had a snack and a BUNCH of water, yet I feel like I'm starving!

Ug. Not going to starve, that's for sure.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
March 21st, 2010, 11:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's probably because you rode the bike yesterday. When I have days I do extra, the next few days I feel so hungry. As long as you make good choices, you should be good. A lot of my snacks have been yogurt or granola bars. They seem to keep me going for another hour or so. There are days I feel like all do is eat, but the scale is mostly being okay so I am trying not to stress about it. I am hoping that as I get a little farther along I won't have the need to eat to avoid the nauseousness.
March 21st, 2010, 04:01 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Hola ladies!

I'm exhausted!!!!!! I must of spent four hours walking around shopping today. I swear, that's the most non-stop activity I've had since I found out I was pregnant. Plus, I was super good and resisted the french toast -- I went for an omelette with onions, tomatoes, and sausage (okay, not the super healthiest, but it lacked cheese so that's a step in the right direction!) -- and I couldn't finish it!

I know I'll be sleeping well tonight!
March 21st, 2010, 04:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We just had chicken sandwiches for dinner and they weer good. Chicken has sounded so yucky, but today it sounded okay.

My little guy isn't eating well today. I think he's mad at me-I was the one who checked his temps. He's super cuddly with hubby, but won't stay by me for long.

Ooops-I totally just put that in the wrong thread.
March 21st, 2010, 04:45 PM
~Constance~
Poor little guy! Hope the Dr. gives him something to get rid of that infection.
March 21st, 2010, 04:53 PM
~Constance~
I think I'm done eating for the day so did I meet my 3 goals?
Exercise average 20 minutes? Yes, took a two hour nature walk.
Eat 5-7 serving of F&V? Yes! Banana, small salad and an entire zucchini. 5 servings.
Drink 64-72 ounces of water? 52 ounces right now. I'll get another big glass when I go out to clean up the kitchen in a minute.
I wonder how much I gained this week. I weigh in tomorrow morning.
March 21st, 2010, 05:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You're awesome with the F&V and water!

I should drink more water, but I already feel like I go to the bathroom a million times a day. I seem to be most thirsty at night, which does not work out well.

I've walked 9 miles today. I have had so much more energy the last few days and am loving it!
March 21st, 2010, 06:45 PM
sylph21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I didn't get my walk in today. It was just too cold and dreary. I thought I was gonna freeze to death when I was putting gas in my car at the store. The wind was just cutting through me. Decided to stay in where it's nice and warm. But, I did get lots of housework done, which should technically count as a workout, right???

March 21st, 2010, 07:21 PM
Wow!!! I'm impressed by all these long walks!! Holy heck!

Taylor, you are good with the exercise today. I read in some calorie burning thing (long ago) that some housework (or enough of it in the day) is the equivalent to stationary biking! Not sure what the ratio is on time, but heck, it wears you out!

Kris, I hope your little guy feels better. Poor thing...

OK... did good on water. GREAT on vits. Probably had 1 snack too many, but I was good and did oranges instead of animal crackers, and made sure the rest was a combo with protein.

I did not get the 30 min in... but this is why... DH decided that today is the perfect day to clean out our woodstove. This is a multi-hour process and really can only be done when DD is sleeping. So, no nap and we cleaned it out. I looked like the chimney sweeper on Mary Poppins (for those of you "young" enough to remember Mary Poppins!) after that. It's not exhausting for me (DH does all the major work) but I do clean out everything inside the house and that's a lot because the soot is EVERYWHERE after that. I just took a shower before DD woke up, and then we ate dinner and now here we are and no work out. I am about ready to go to bed myself!

Tomorrow... we're going swimming! I love to swim!!! I don't know if I can count it though, because DD can't swim yet, so I'm usually holding her and just walking around the pool letting her pretend to swim, but we'll be out of the house!

I vow, I am committed to 30 min tomorrow.

March 21st, 2010, 07:39 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Gwynne - your hunger today definitely has to do with your cardio yesterday. I was starving all day too because of my walk/jog on Saturday. I ate a couple more snacks than I had planned (3 peeps after dinner and 1/2 fro yo) but am ok with that. I still stuck to the other foods I had planned. And there is tons of stuff you can do while in the pool with your daughter to get some cardio in. Have you ever tried to run in the water? Holy moly, it's hard. Run while holding her and I promise you'll get in some good exercise. Plus you can also to lunges across the shallow end, and if she can hold on to you with her arms and legs, you can do some arm stuff like scissoring your arms in front of you in the water. You'll be able to get a great workout in!

Kris - NINE MILES!! WTG girlie! How long did that take?

Tomorrow's goal:
Breakfast - blueberry cereal bar with 12 oz coffee
Snack - baby carrots and maybe a yogart
Lunch - deli sandwich with avacodo, 1 fugi apple, 1 kashi cookie
Snack - 1 cup cheerios
45 minute walk in between school and pilates
1 hour pilates
Dinner - well the chix isn't thawed, so I'm not sure what tomorrow night holds!

Stay true to those snacks are going to be the hardest thing for me. I will want to finish the Easter candy in my desk or grab some jellybeans from my co-worker!

**Can we get this thread moved to our Fit Mama's section?**

March 21st, 2010, 07:47 PM
Amanda,

We can get this moved, I think... It may have to be stickied there, which is fine because when the 30 days are over and we're ready for another challenge, we can just unsticky it.

Does everyone want it up there? I am all for it if you all want it, but I want to make sure it isn't forgotten if we move it

March 21st, 2010, 07:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I won't forget it.

I spread the walking over a few different times. I actually walked 2 more miles after I put the little guy to bed. I had 3 pumpkin muffins today so I wanted to make up for it. Looking at the log I keep, it took me 3 hours, 15 minutes for the 11 miles. I watch tv while doing it, so I don't walk that fast, but it's better than sitting around.
March 21st, 2010, 08:06 PM
sylph21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I say sticky it!

March 22nd, 2010, 05:09 AM
~Constance~
Housework is definitely exercise! Count it.
Walking around a pool is great exercise! Count it.
And walking 9 miles is absolutely amazing! Wow!
~I definitely agree to move the thread. I keep looking for it first in the Fit Mamas section. It just belongs there!~

Well, I weighed in this morning and I'm annoyed, disappointed and worried. I have been doing my best to eat a ton of food and stacking the odds by going higher fat than I usually do(buttering my rolls, ice cream cones, half and half in my coffee, candy in the afternoon, fried foods, extra cheese, peanut butter, nuts, chip type snacks)and it's not showing up on the scale.
120 lbs this morning. I'm really starting to get worried that I'm not gaining. That's my pre-pregnancy standard weight. I gained 6lbs the two months before getting pregnant(Autumn food, always do)and then lost it through m/s in the first two months.
I don't know if I'm being too active or if I'm eating too little so I'm going to start counting calories again to be sure I'm getting in my 2000 a day.
So far today: 12 ounces of half-caf coffee with sugar and half and half, bowl of shredded wheat cereal and 2% milk= 370 calories
March 22nd, 2010, 06:54 AM
Oh, Constance! I bet your baby is thriving. You have been paying attention to nutrition, and that is what's important. Some women just don't gain as fast, or as much, and that is A-OK! I bet when your baby has a growth spurt, the scale will reflect it

I'll request for this to be moved, so should be today, so keep an eye out for it in Fit Mama's if you don't see it in the main thread

Had my standard breakfast today Going to the pool (it's a hotel pool, the only one in town) shortly and we'll also take DD to the park to play and maybe to Burger King to play on their playground and eat (not sure about that one... up to DH). It'll be a fun morning out!

March 22nd, 2010, 08:59 AM
~Constance~
I know it's a stupid thing to worry about but it does worry me. I'll count for a few days to make sure I'm not majorly under calories but I'll try not to obsess.
Lunch was a cup of dried beef gravy over 4 pieces of wheat toast and a salad with blue cheese dressing: 710 calories. I'm at 1080 for the day so far.
March 22nd, 2010, 10:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What was your weight gain with your other kids like? I agree that you are eating really well, so I am sure baby is doing great.

I need to go get on the treadmill, but after the kiddo waking up 5-6 times last night (I lost count) I really want to just take a nap instead.

Last edited by ~Kris~; March 22nd, 2010 at 12:21 PM.
March 22nd, 2010, 12:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got in 3 miles, so I guess I can take a little nap now.
March 22nd, 2010, 01:42 PM
WTG, Kris!!! sounds like you are doing really well on the food, C

Had a change of plans due to weather. Today was BEAUTIFUL and we have near a 40 degree drop in temp planned for the next 2 days, so we instead went to a friend's house to let DD play with the mini burros, cats, dogs and horses it was FUN and we stayed in the warm sun all morning... but no swimming. I'm going to take a nap and then see about getting on the bike afterwards for 30 min. COMMITTED!

Tomorrow, we'll head to the pool. It's indoors. We may also hit BK to let dd play in their playground (indoors) and I'll plan out my lunch accordingly Then, we've got a foot of snow coming our way again, we think. So, Wed will be indoors again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search