30 day "fitness" challenge...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2010, 02:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You can do 30 minutes, no problem Gwynne! Turn on the tv and pedal away!

Sometimes I sit on the coffee table and pull up the Smart Cycle next to it (one of those kids bikes that plugs into the tv to play games) and pedal it. There's absolutely no resistance to it, but at least I am moving instead of just sitting on the couch.

I want to get one of those big exercise balls to bounce on while watching tv, but I know the boys would have a field day with it!
March 22nd, 2010, 03:24 PM
~Constance~
I really forced myself at dinner. Had 2 chicken soft tacos, 2 glasses of green iced tea and a small low-fat ice cream cone. It tasted great but I feel full so fast and I hate feeling full. Anyway, 910 calories to add to my earlier 1080=1990.
My weight gain with my first was textbook; 3lbs in the first tri and 1 lb a week thereafter. With dd I started 8lbs heavier than with my first, dropped 13lbs in the first tri and regained those 13lbs by week 18. Then I gained 1-1.5lbs a week. Since I lost those 6lbs this time around I guess I was really expecting to have regained them by now. I was between 126-130lbs at this point with my other two. I'm still at 120 with this one. So I'm worried.
March 22nd, 2010, 05:08 PM
sylph21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I actually got my walk in today!!! We walked for about 30 minutes and it was great! Now, if I can just make it a daily thing!!!

March 22nd, 2010, 05:20 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Constance - try not to stress. I know that is impossible, but your baby is thriving, plus it is taking what it needs before your body does, so even if you aren't gaining, doesn't mean your baby isn't!

Gwynne - sounds like a great day.

Taylor - they say it takes 21 days to form a habit! We are definitely here for you those 21 days!

Kris - I love my exercise ball!!

I did great today even though I left my lunch and snacks at home! I was so mad, but talked to my husband (rather than eating) and worked out a plan for cereal snacks and subway lunch. I stayed on my "healthful" eating and still worked out without 'bad' snacks. I ate a big big salad (no dressing) for dinner and am totally satisfied!

Tomorrow - breakfast 1/2 cinnamon scone
snack - yogart
lunch - turkey and avocado sandwich with fuji apple and kashi cookie
snack - carrots with ranch
dinner - turkey burger with sweet potato french fries

walk 5 miles after Evan goes to bed

I like planning it daily!

EASTER CANDY is my downfall. I can resist most any other holiday candy and food, but Easter is my favorite. From cadburry eggs, to jellybeans, to peeps, to the chocolate peanut butter eggs!! I just can't buy it, or I'll eat it!

March 22nd, 2010, 07:17 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
YAY Amanda!!! Sounds like GREAT choices you made today. That shows tremendous will power. You go girl! Hey... don't forget, it's all in moderation, so it's best to not completely deny yourself of the "good" stuff (i.e. Easter candy) but then you balance it out with something else. That's what I plan on doing!

Taylor, I'm with you on making this a habit. Ug. It takes some serious self talk. Great job in getting the exercise in today!

Today, my big wins: I went to the grocery store and passed up buying the cheetos and the cereals that had more sugar and calories! I also passed on buying the cake mix and icing on sale. If it's not here, I don't miss it!!!

I ate well, but may have had a few extra fries too many at dinner. They tasted so good and it was the first time I was able to eat them in a LONG while. They were the baked Oreida ones, but still had a bit of greasy taste to them... I think the rest of the day was good!

I had to REALLY talk myself into exercise tonight. I was ready to just give it up then I read Kris' cheer post and I thought, "what the heck am I thinking! What's 30 min. and I'll feel great!!!" so I did my 30 min on the bike. Woo hoo!!!

I told you gals I need a kick in the butt, and you gave it to me. Otherwise, I would have failed at that exercise. THANK YOU!!! Keep me accountable, gals!!!!!!!!!!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
March 22nd, 2010, 07:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
WTG Gwynne!!! It does take time to make it a habit, but once it does become habit, it's awesome!
March 23rd, 2010, 05:07 AM
~Constance~
Awesome job yesterday ladies!
I ended up at 1990 calories, 86 ounces of water and 3 servings of veggies/fruit. I took a break from exercise.
Today I'm back on my lots of fruits and veggies thing. They're less calories and I fill up on them so I actually had to force myself to have fatty stuff yesterday to replace them. But fatty stuff doesn't taste as good. Although I must say, I had so much energy from all the protein and complex carbs I had that I spring cleaned my bedroom for 5 hours.
The baby does seem ok. My belly is growing and he/she actually woke me up last night with kicking. I couldn't feel it from the outside so Ididn't wake up DH. Very strong though!
I think the real reason I'm worrying about not gaining is breastfeeding. I'm 5lbs right now from falling into underweight. I really needed the extra 10lbs of fat for the year of breastfeeding my other two.
March 23rd, 2010, 06:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbagepatch View Post
Although I must say, I had so much energy from all the protein and complex carbs I had that I spring cleaned my bedroom for 5 hours.
Wait, I thought you said you took off from exercising, that sounds like a huge workout! I bet it felt incredible to be so productive.

Glad you felt the LO moving around last night.
March 23rd, 2010, 07:14 AM
5 hours!!! Holy heck. That surely counts and I'd be exhausted after that!!! Hopefully you will have plenty of nutrition stored to work with BF for this little one.

Today is our swim day (morning) and then I do have to work a bit. I may also try to find time to get on the gazelle today. I have decided it's not the greatest idea to work out at 8p. I had a hard time falling asleep last night, even though I was TIRED. So, it has to be earlier.

March 23rd, 2010, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I find if I workout in the morning/right after lunch I tend to eat better then rest of the day too-don't want to ruin the time I spent!

I took the boys on a 4 mile walk outside and stopped at the grocery store too to pick up a gallon of milk.
March 23rd, 2010, 03:25 PM
d@mn jelly beans.

But...I did walk 35 minutes after work and will walk for an hour tonight after E's bed time...so take that jellybeans!!

March 23rd, 2010, 03:45 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I took the Westie for a 20 minute walk this afternoon -- it would have been longer but she was struggling a bit. It's not four miles on the treadmill, but it's definitely a start!
March 23rd, 2010, 04:18 PM
sylph21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks to everyone for being so supportive on our fitness here!!!

Good job to all the ladies that are working on their fitness!

And, I got my walk in again today...30 minute walk, 2 days in a row! It's a start! And I think my husband is more determined than me for us to go walking...LOL!

March 23rd, 2010, 04:58 PM
~Constance~
Today was a good day for me. No exercise again but I'm still meeting my goal by "average". Total of 72 ounces of water and 5 servings of fruits and vegetables, 1860 calories for the day. I can't eat another bite or drink a bit more.
March 23rd, 2010, 05:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Way to go everyone!

Having a supportive husband when it comes to exercising is great. Mine isn't always the greatest.....he's the kind who can down a bag of chips and a few beers in one sitting and not gain an ounce. JERK! Just kidding, love him of course, but it can get frustrating.
March 23rd, 2010, 05:57 PM
Yea... my dh just thinks about running and he loses 4 pounds. Sigh. I think of running and I just sweat and gain water weight

So, today was a crazy day. Fell off the track by eating onion rings (small) at BK, and that was STUPID because this whole pregnancy, onions have been making me feel BLAH. For some reason, I completely FORGOT about that and indulged. I'm just shocked. So now, I feel horrible! Suits me right!

I did get the exercise in with swimming and just had a pancake for dinner because carbs seem to soften the effect of those da*@ onions I ate. I think I can hit the gazelle tonight too

March 23rd, 2010, 06:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope you feel better. Spaghetti sauce/pizza sauce usually bothers me while pregnant. So far it hasn't, so I have been trying to get my fill of it now.
March 23rd, 2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks. I have no idea where my head was when I said yes to those onion rings... not in the right place, obviously.

Feeling a LITTLE better. Did 16 min after dinner on the gazelle. Wasn't much, but the pancake was still sitting in my stomach so that's what I could muster.

March 24th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Way to go with the swimming and gazelle work!

Everyone is doing so great!

Ending up walking a total of 7.3 miles yesterday in an hour and a half. Slept like a LOG last night. It felt good. I am sure I am going to be hungrier today, but have brought some good snacks.

Breakfast - nutrigrain bar
snack - 1/2 serving of hummus and pretzels
lunch - turkey sand, 1 fuji apple, kashi cookie
snack - carrots and ranch - or rest of hummus with pretzels
pilates - 1 hour
dinner - homemade garlic spaghetti with whole grain noodles

WOW - this has gotten me very hungry! Going to eat my snack!!

March 24th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbella View Post
Ending up walking a total of 7.3 miles yesterday in an hour and a half.
You are an insanely fast walker!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search