30 day "fitness" challenge...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2010, 09:57 AM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to spin class at the gym today! I've done some light working out since being pregnant but if any of you have been to a cycling class you know it is not a light workout! I'm hoping my saving grace will be that I can turn down the resistance anytime I want. Wish me luck, i'm super nervous.
Best wishes to you gals today in striving towards your fitness goals!

March 24th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! I get tired just thinking about those spinning classes! When I see them do it on Biggest Loser it looks exhausting!
March 24th, 2010, 11:37 AM
~Constance~
So far today:
26 ounces of water
no F&V
no exercise
795 calories

Doing lousy so here's the plan for the next hour: Drink 16oz water while doing housework, yoga for 20 minutes, and a 3 fruit smoothie(32oz)after.
Dinner tonight is bacon sandwiches, carrot sticks and potato wedges.
Off I go.......
March 24th, 2010, 11:46 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Wow, Alisha! I'm impressed.

Good plan, Constance. I bet that fruit smoothie will hit the spot

AFM:

I just finished 30 min on the bike. YAY! and I think I've done well with the food choices. I'm a little low on the protein (just had reg. special K this a.m., and not the Kashi protein one) so I'm going to eat a boiled egg and something else (hmmm...) for lunch.

Doc appointment is this afternoon, so today, before the bike, I weighed myself. I'm up 7 # since the 6 week mark weight at the RE. This is so depressing. I was hoping to be down a pound or more after this week's work and the fact that some of the weight was from over-indulgence with the IL's! I'll see what happens next week and I guess just weigh on Wednesdays. It's very disheartening. I can't be this far ahead from last pregnancy and skim past GD and pre-e. Sigh.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
March 24th, 2010, 05:49 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
(((Gwynne))), just try to focus on the good things you did today -- 30 minutes on the bike and good food choices. If you keep this up, I'm sure you'll see the results that you want.

As for me, no energy to exercise as I had an early start to my day and stayed super late at school this afternoon. But, I tried to eat well -- plain oatmeal w/ dried fruit, bananas, and a bit of peanut butter for breakfast....Lean Cuisine macaroni and cheese (and a yogurt) for lunch....an egg sandwich (just cooked in microwave, not fried in oil or butter) and two servings of F&V. There might have been a brownie involved...but just one.....
March 24th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Today wasn't the greatest for food choices.....I may have had 4 PB cups...and not the mini ones either. WHOOPS! 440 calories just in that! But Wednesdays tend to be my splurge day, so I'll get over it. I knew there was a reason I hadn't opened the bag of them (I've managed to avoid them since Halloween!)

Not the greatest for exercise either. My kiddo's sleep was all whacked out today, so by the time he went down for a nap, one of the other little kids was awake so I couldn't get on my treadmill. I did convince hubby to go for a 2 mile walk tonight after dinner. Very slow paced though since our 4.5 year old rode his tricycle(he's getting a bike for Easter which should make it much faster from now on!) Depending on when I can get my little guy back to bed I may try to do a little more walking on the treadmill. I can't ask hubby to watch him while I do it because he is gradig the finals from the class he teaches.
March 24th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Hi, I'm Gwynne and I'm an emotional eater...

After the pound up element I fought, I had a yummy, yummy pulled pork sandwich that I had planned on making all day today. I also had those fries (trying to use up the rest of the bag!) -- oven baked-- and peas. I'm sure I'm over my caloric limit.

Sigh. I'll have to really right it tomorrow.

I would have much rather spent those extra cals on the pb cups with you, Kris. That is for sure!

March 24th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I just added up tonight's dinner and added in my PB cups.....I am at 2290 for the day.
March 24th, 2010, 07:36 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kris~ View Post
You are an insanely fast walker!!!!
Yeah, I do have a tendency to walk really fast when exercising b/c I am used to running. I walk at a 4.8-5.1 pace. Yesterday evening we added a slow jog (only at 5.7 mph) for about one mile of our 5, so that cut down on our time. Strangely enough, I can only do that pace when outside. On the treadmill I have to keep it around 4.5, but I think those things measure differently.
I am sure as my belly gets bigger I'll get slower.

March 24th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
A slow jog is 5.7 mph for you? That's pretty fast to me!

I am so not a fast person. I was the same way with swimming. I can go for long stretches of tme at X pace, but even going just a short distance I can't get much faster than that pace.

Several years ago when I was running I could consistently do 10 minute miles for 6-8 miles, which was fast for me. But now, I'm old and have had 2 kids.....just not happening anymore! Now it's more like 12 minute miles for running. Better than nothing though.
March 25th, 2010, 08:35 AM
~Constance~
I finished my day well yesterday: 84 ounces water, 20 minutes of yoga, 5 servings F&V, 1990 calories.
I'm eating an early lunch right now which gives me 26 ounces of water, no exercise yet, 1 serving of veggies and 775 calories.
Afternoon plans include lots of Spring cleaning(most of the morning too as well)which will be my exercise for the day and a big 32 oz fruit smoothie(3 servings F)for my snack.
Dinner will be a bad girl craving again. I wanted egg rolls so I'm making them and they're deep-fried. And I serve them with homemade sweet & sour sauce which doesn't have any nutritional value at all really. Well, I'll limit myself to two. At least all that cabbage is a serving of veggies.
That should put me at 1875 calories for the day so I can have another snack somewhere if I need it.
March 25th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I walked/jogged 5 miles today and am snacking on yogurt right now.
March 25th, 2010, 04:41 PM
WTG Kris!!

Constance - you give me motivation to drink more water! I have only had about 35 oz for the entire day.

Amy - sounds like you are eating extremely well!

Gywnne - I have to tell myself daily (sometimes hourly), I can't change what has already gone in my mouth, I can only control what will go in next.

I am coming off 6 months of marathon training. We paced ourselves around a 10 min mile, and had to slow ourselves down. For some reason we were all following the fastest person who was running about a 91/2 min mile! We told her she was NOT leading anymore.

I kinda fell off the wagon with food today. Instead of my yogurt snack, I had a piece of coffee cake and instead of my left over turkey burger I had (whole wheat...that counts for something) pizza. It was only one slice and I ate it with carrots and a granola bar, but still, I know it was a bad choice. We made garlic spaghetti tonight and I only had 1/2 a serving. It was also made with whole wheat pasta. I just wasn't feeling the spaghetti tonight.

This was my double walk day, so I got in half an hour after school and will go for another 5 tonight after bedtime.

I know rest is such an important part of all this, and last night was bad. Evan was up at 1:30 and 3:30. I woke up at 1:30 with him and didn't fall back asleep until after 4. It was terrible. Of course I am dragging now, but will get out a walk tonight b/c my partner is counting on me. I am sure glad I have her or I would be curled up on the couch with some ice cream!

March 25th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hubby wanted to catch up on his shows on the DVR, so I decided to watch Grey's Anatomy and the start of Private Practice down on my treadmill and got in another 5 miles. I am pooped, I am going to sleep like a baby tonight!
March 26th, 2010, 09:22 AM
~Constance~
Yesterday's totals were: 5 servings F&V, 82 ounces water, housework as exercise and 2035 calories. It was a good day except that dinner was so high in fat. But I suppose I need that!
I'm eating lunch right now and so far I'm at 26 ounces water, 2 servings F&V, 950 calories and no exercise yet. It's rainy and windy and cold here today and I have a million things that need to be done so I'll *try* to get in some yoga after dinner/before bed.
I'm really impressed with how well everyone is doing! Lets keep it up!
March 26th, 2010, 09:59 AM
So it rained and I didn't go on my walk. Partner and I are going after school today to make up for it.

Today's food has been good so far;
Breakfast - nutrigrain bar (140 cal)
Snack - slice of cinnamon toast (80 cal)
Lunch - leftover turkey burger on whole wheat bun with yogurt and kashi cookie
Snack - not sure yet...
Exercise - walk 4 miles
Dinner - unknown at this point

March 26th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Yesterday was a disaster, today was a little better. No spa day for me! Maybe later...

I'm just really tired and have a super huge headache. I'm going to go to bed early if I can and start a new day tomorrow!

It wasn't bad, super bad, today, but we did have DiGiorno pizza for dinner because I had a conference call, and that's not the healthiest thing possible. No exercise either. Sigh.

March 26th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I'm impressed with the dedication of this group -- way to go!!!

Still no exercise, but I'm still trying to make much better food choices....oatmeal (made with water), dried fruit, and fresh banana for breakfast....Chipotle lunch (a bowl of rice, beans, veggies, and cheese -- only 375 calories and it filled me up!) and a few tortilla chips.....a couple of Hershey miniatures for a snack (a girl's gotta give in to the small cravings)....an apple for a snack....and an egg sandwich (microwaved, not fried) and baby carrots for dinner. Lots and lots of water too.

The weather is supposed to be gorgeous this upcoming week and since I'm on Spring Break, I'm definitely going to take advantage of it. All of the peanut butter eggs are gone (thanks DH!) so I'm safe from bad snacking all week.

I'm trying to be a "fit mama" girls! It's a lot harder when you have to eat several times a day!
March 26th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Final calorie count for the day: 1650

I did 4 more miles on the treamdill this afternoon, total of 6 miles for the day

I also cleaned for an hour, which included several trips down to the basement to get the table extensions and extra chairs for tomorrow
March 27th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Yay! My weight is starting to balance out! I'm still eating many times a day but I'm making much better choices -- I'm not cutting down on the number of times I eat but just watching what I'm eating at those times. I'm not dieting but rather deciding that a bowl of Special K fruit and berries is a better bedtime snack than a bowl of ice cream. And, I'm still allowing myself a "treat" once a day. I feel so much better!

Last edited by mrsdaiwa24; March 27th, 2010 at 07:45 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search