30 day "fitness" challenge...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2010, 08:52 AM
~Constance~
Yesterday's totals: 68 ounces water, 5.5 servings F&V, no exercise(I was completely beat and miserable), and 2100 calories.
Well, my calorie counting experiment has proved to me that I am getting enough calories so I'll just eat when hungry and let my body do its' thing from now. I'll gain when my body wants to I guess.
I'll check in later.
March 27th, 2010, 11:43 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Good job, ladies!

I've been good so far today. Had my Kashi cereal for breakfast, my south beach snack bar (more protein) and some crackers with cheese so far. We are going to have red chili stew for lunch (with chicken) and I'm getting ready for that yummy meal!

I'm going to take a nap and also ride the bike while I watch some hoops this afternoon. I'm trying to decide what to do for dinner! A couple of the recipes on our recipe share have caught my eye

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
March 27th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad today is better for you, Gwynne!

I took a 2 mile walk outside with the boys. Not sure if I'll have anymore time for exercise today, we have friends coming over later.
March 27th, 2010, 01:07 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Amy - it's pretty amazing how much better you feel when you know you are doing the right thing by your body, isn't it?

Gwynne - remember don't worry about the days that have passed. Just focus on the days you have ahead. One bad day every now and then isn't going to mess you up in the long run. I hope this weekend is GREAT for you.

Constance - I feel ya girl. More about that in my post.

Kris - aren't you glad the weather is being nice?? It is goregous here today.

So yesterday was good. I walked 45 minutes while pushing my big @ss stroller. I swear that added a good 150 calorie burn to my walk. Then ate sushi for dinner. I think I ended up eating 2 full orders, so like 12 pieces. It was YUMMY!
Then had friends over for dessert. Just ate about a cup of frozen yogurt. It was enough to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Today I had a piece of cinnamon toast and a bowl of kashi
no snack
spinach salad
strawberries for afternoon snack
cookout tonight after a big Easter Egg hunt where I will try everything I want, but not eat an entire helping, ya know. It might just be one bite, but if it looks good, I plan on sampling!

Tomorrow I will walk 5 miles in the morning before I start my day. That always makes me feel better.

So- I had a little mini meltdown this afternoon. DH and I were having some...alone time...and I got really self conscious of my body. I pulled back emotionally from him and he could tell. When he asked me what was wrong I avoided and avoided until he finally drug it out of me. I cried and cried and told him I felt like I was afraid of too much weight and not being able to get it off or having the dr put me on a special diet or GD, which I failed the 1 hour last pregnancy but passed the 3. Anyway, it just all came flooding out.
He was so amazing. Not to get too mushy, he just kept going on and on about how sexy I have been looking and how much he loves it when I show off my belly with fitted clothing. And what really truly got me was when he said "this is our child. You are carrying our child. How in the WORLD can you not be the most beautiful thing to me right now??"
...ok, maybe I got a little mushy on y'all...
I was just so taken away with that. I am going to eat healthy, because that is what I already do. I am going to exercise because that is what I love. I am going to give myself little treats, because I deserve it. But all of those things can be done smartly, ya know?

March 27th, 2010, 05:56 PM
~Constance~
What a sweet hubby you have Amanda!
March 27th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Awww... Amanda! That is a GREAT story and very encouraging. I can say, my DH wouldn't have responded that way, but he's got such a cold/dry sense of humor that it over rides any wonderful romantic thoughts he could say. What a sweetie!!! You are one lucky lady

I agree, though... you are really making exceptional choices and doing everything right to be healthy for you and your baby. That's all we can do Baby may have other things in mind, like gaining 5 pounds in one week and nothing else in 3. It may stress us out, but in the long run, if we are making smart choices, we are doing everything right.

Me?

I did fine today! I think I'm always hitting that 2000-2200 cal mark. I'm adding in exercise, though, so hopefully that will help keep me on pace for lower weight gain, no GD and no Pre-E this round! I've also really upped my water today, so just maybe my body can flush out the stuff it doesn't need.

I did my 30 min of bike today! I also took a 2.5 hour nap! Yep. I was T.I.R.E.D.

Tomorrow, we're going grocery shopping and then I have to work, watch Bball (go Duke!) and ride my bike and clean, clean, clean. It's DH's last day of Spring Break so I better use the time I have to get him to play/distract DD while I get some stuff done.

I'm now renewed again. I just have to take it one day at a time and continue to make good choices. If I do then I know I'm OK, even if I gain 30 instead of 19 pounds.

March 28th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Today hasn't been the best so far....we stopped and got donuts after church.
March 28th, 2010, 06:32 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Gwynne -- I like your thinking. If you make good healthy choices, then it's up to your body whether you gain 19 or 30 pounds. Baby growing requires weight gain and sometimes, it's beyond out control.

Amanda -- Your DH said some incredibly sweet things!!

As for me, I had a pretty good weekend in terms of eating. Balanced out Saturday's not-so-healthy cheeseburger with plain oatmeal, Special K cereal, and fruit. Today, it was an microwaved egg sandwich and a burrito bowl from Chipotle (chicken, veggies, rice, and cheese -- no sour cream!)....and I treated myself to a piece of apple pie. Oh, and we took the dogs for a walk -- made it through the full loop for the first time this season (they're little and a 20 minute walk is tough for them!).
March 29th, 2010, 10:50 AM
~Constance~
Saturday: 72 ounces water, 5 F&V, no exercise(Although I did "play" outside with the kids for 2 hours. I really took it easy so a 20 minute light stroll maybe?)
Sunday:64 ounces water, 6 servings F&V, no exercise

Today I weighed in and am up 2lbs. Hopefully this time it sticks. But it could just be the three donuts I had yesterday.
March 29th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Walked a slow 2 miles today. Will walk a fast 5 tonight.
Today's food prolly wasn't the best, but I am ok with that.
Breakfast - nutrigrain bar (140 cal)
snack - none
lunch - Panera turkey artichoke sand (and I just looked up the cal...holy moly - that alone logged about 700) 1 fuji apple (80 cal) and 2 pieces of dove chocolate (44 cal)
snack - 100 cal kudos granola bar
dinner - 1/3 frozen pizza (which was LESS calories than the sand at 350 cal - ugh!) and hummus and pita chips (?? on cal)

Still under 1800, with 7 miles of walking and 1 hour of pilates. When I add it up, it really doesn't feel like a lot of food, but while i was eating it, it did.

I guess the real reason I am doing this is b/c I was weighed today at my appt. I am up 6 according to their scale and 9 according to mine. I don't know who's is right, but I'll just go with theirs.

March 29th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Food choices were good today, but I'm a little low on water and exercise still. I have a TON of work to do and I honestly have no idea if I can get it in today.

Tomorrow, I have some time without DD (she'll be at a play group in the a.m.) and I may check out a gym for the heck of it, not sure, as I don't know how much they charge for a 1 time visit... hmmm...

March 29th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was okay on calories, until I just decided to have a big piece of jello pretzel salad- YUM! Total for the day including my indulgence 1880.

I walked 4 miles outside today, pushing the boys in the stroller.
March 29th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Gywnne - a lot of gyms will give you a guest pass if you "tour" their facilities. I would call around tomorrow morning and tell them you are interested and ask if you can have a one day pass to try it out before you sign on the dotted line!
Also, check with churches. A LOT of time they have a fitness center that they consider a ministry and is open to public. Most big churches (not sure how close you are to a city) have classes too that they offer for cheap.

Kris - I have never heard of jello pretzel salad. I might have to google that one!
I am low on my water today too. Only around 40 oz. and 12 oz of coffee.

March 29th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Amanda-I put it in the recipe share thread. I LOVE it!
March 30th, 2010, 12:56 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Mmmm....jello pretzel salad....sounds yummy!

Alright, after doing nothing all day yesterday due to not feeling well, I made up for it today. Healthy breakfast (plain oatmeal w/ dried and fresh fruit) and pretty healthy lunch (2 scrambled eggs and 2 small sausage patties -- no butter or oil used).

Then, because I finally have ENERGY I went for a 40 minute walk today!! Granted, I walked up to the grocery store to pick up a box of brownies (I've had a major craving for one all day).....but I figure I can have one today, especially after my walk!

Dinner tonight will be chicken, veggies, and rotini (no sauce).

At the last weigh in (which was Saturday morning), the scale indicated that I was only up 8 pounds for this whole pregnancy (down 2 pounds which I totally attribute to better food choices) -- I was 15 w 3 d for that weigh in. Definitely feeling better about things.
March 30th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's great, Amy! I love brownie batter....so bad for me, yet I love it!

My day has been pretty good so far! I'm at 1475 calories. Not having to eat every 2 hours to avoid feeling nauseous has really helped cut back my calories. As far as exercise, I did a 4 mile walk with ~20 lb kid on my back, pushing 2 kids in the stroller, a 2 mile walk, pushing 2 kids in the stroller, and a 2 mile bike ride, pulling just my little guy.
March 30th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Not a great day. I have been craving SUGAR!!! Did great before lunch, but after lunch it kinda went downhill. No details needed, but it just wasn't pretty.

And...my walking partner canceled on me tonight b/c she has company. No biggies, but I needed to burn off some of this sugar.

March 31st, 2010, 08:35 AM
OH, Amanda... I'm there with you. Jelly beans. Enough said.

Today, I am committed to getting in more water, my 30 min of exercise, and healthy portions. We may play in the puddles this afternoon, too

March 31st, 2010, 04:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Walked 2 miles pushing the little boys, then 2 more with 1 little guy (20 lbs) on my back and my boys in the stroller.

I'll add my calorie count later.
March 31st, 2010, 06:41 PM
Gwynne - how'd you do with the water? I really have to step that up! I need at least 16 more oz before the day is over.

I did get 3 miles in today after school. I plan on doing 3 tomorrow after school. I am walking/encouraging a new walker, so we are going at a little slower pace, but I don't mind. It's nice to have someone to walk with in the afternoons.

Kris - do you have a double stroller?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search