Not feeling much movement

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2010, 08:26 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 17 weeks and still not feeling a lot of movement. I have felt her but it's not consistent. I always worry I'm going to get bad news at an appt or us. I had my ultrasound 2 days ago and I did feel her this morning so I'm fine for now. She was moving around a ton during my ultrasound and I couldn't feel any of it. I'm sure soon enough, I'll be feeling it daily, but I hate that I don't feel it very often and when I do, it's very light. Anyone else in the same boat?

March 29th, 2010, 08:31 AM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
I am. I'm only 14 weeks, but second child so I do feel baby from time to time. I'm very paranoid about this one and am looking forward to going in next Tuesday. I don't remember being paranoid at all with Jacob
March 29th, 2010, 08:36 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Truthfully, I don't know if I've felt my little acorn or not. I get lots of weird little twinges and bubbles, but I have no idea if it's the baby moving or just weird pregnancy things. I just keep checking her heart beat every couple of days to get my reassurance (that doppler is sooooooo worth it!).

I'm sure everything is okay. Besides, isn't feeling baby movement kinda sporadic at this point?
March 29th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't felt any movement yet. I don't remember exactly when I first felt my daughter since it's been so long ago. During my second pregnancy I think I started feeling my son at around 18-19 weeks, and the movement was not very consistent inititally. These days I just use my doppler every other day to calm myself down.

March 29th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first I didn't feel him until I was 19 weeks. Maybe your placenta is in a different position this time? I'm sure you will feel it more consistently soon!
March 29th, 2010, 08:51 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not being consistant is normal at this point. You really wont get to that point until around 22+ wks. Yesterday I only felt the baby about three times (I was on the go alot) and today its very active! You will have quiet days followed by busier days right now, and just because you dont feel her, does not mean that she's not moving right now. She's still under 6 inches long and only wheighs about a few ounces......she could be turned the other way kicking your insides more. Just a few more weeks before you will get it all day long, hang in there! The fact that we feel them at all this early is truly amayzing!!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

March 29th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Frangipani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same boat as you, for sure. I thought I might have felt him the other day but then maybe it's just my blood flowing through the aorta or something. I just keep telling myself it's still really early. I've pulled out the doppler as well, for peace of mind!
March 29th, 2010, 10:31 AM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
I'm not really sure if I'm feeling anything. Sometimes I think I'm feeling the baby, but I don't want to say that that is what I'm feeling if I'm not 100% sure. I had an u/s on Friday and I could see the baby moving around, but I couldn't feel it. It's a little frustrating, as I'm sure I was feeling DD at this point during my last pregnancy. I can't wait for those strong kicks and the rolling sensation.
March 29th, 2010, 10:54 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
It's totally normal... I MAY have felt baby yesterday, but I am not certain yet. I didn't feel DD til I was about 22 wks, and suspect I won't be 100% certain of the movements for another week or two. Part of it could be where baby is positioned that day, where your placenta is located, and how aware you are of the movements... I bet, since you are already getting fairly consistent readings, you will see baby moves more consistently in just a short week or two!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
March 29th, 2010, 10:58 AM
-Jen-'s Avatar Veteran
Same here...lucky if I feel anything once a week..and then it's really light yet...so the other 4 days I'm freaking out lol

March 29th, 2010, 11:17 AM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
I'm pretty sure I'm feeling some movement, but it's not consistant and the conditions have to be just right (quiet room, sitting or laying down). I'll feel a lot of movement one day and then have nothing for a few days. Doc says it's really normal not to feel it consistantly at this point.

March 29th, 2010, 11:18 AM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
I think I may have felt the baby once last week but not sure. I don't think I started feeling DS move until I was 19-20 weeks.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
March 29th, 2010, 11:28 AM
uvatigger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Makes me feel better---i thought I was the only one that stressed this much!
March 29th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
I still haven't felt baby move. I don't think I felt my daughter move until way later in the pregnancy, but that is also because she was very lethargic. I have a retro verted uterus so I'm not sure if that plays a role in when I can feel baby move or not.

March 29th, 2010, 12:58 PM
~Constance~
I felt lots of movement in week 16 and then nothing in week 17. I got pretty nervous until I stretched out very still yesterday and prodded my belly until I did feel something. I know you're supposed to feel movements earlier with each baby but I think it really depends more on how active your baby is.
I felt my first at 15 weeks and he never stopped moving. I was constantly uncomfortable with how he moved and kicked and stretched inside me.
I felt the first movements at 18 weeks with dd. And two weeks later at the U/S she would not cooperate at all by moving around. She stayed bunched up and sleeping almost the entire time. She was a calm mover in the womb.
I think the reason I may have felt so much movement during week 16 this time is that I was having BH contractions and they irritated the baby.
How were your other kids as far as movement goes?
March 29th, 2010, 02:25 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
With my son i hardly ever felt him move... i mean if he moved 2-3 times a day after 25 weeks was normal... i think i placenta was at the front... ironically the nicu nurse commented on how much he must have kicked in the womb because he had amazing musule!!!!

this time the placenta is at the front so i expect it to be similar, but I feel this one at the bottem of my stomach every once in awhile

I am sure it will start soon.... and ask your dr where your placenta is ... it might answer all of your worries!!
March 29th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know it is hard, but try not to focus on the movement too much. Our babies are still itty bitty.

I don't remember movement until about 20 weeks with each of my boys. At 14 weeks, I definitely haven't felt anything, although I did dream about it during my nap today.
March 29th, 2010, 07:11 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I feel something sometimes, but not necessarily even daily. I can't wait until it's a regular thing

March 29th, 2010, 07:54 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbagepatch View Post
How were your other kids as far as movement goes?
I didn't feel my first until 20-ish weeks. Pretty typical for the first time. After that, I recognized his movements and felt him daily

My dd1, I first felt at 12.5 weeks. I don't remember when it was consistent but I had a doppler for a few months so that helped.

Ds2, felt around 13 weeks. He was very active all the time. I would started feeling him daily and consistently around 16 weeks.

Ds3, I don't remember when I first felt him. But again, daily and consistently at 16 weeks.

The weird thing is, she was moving a ton during the ultrasound but I didn't feel her even once. So it's not that she's just inactive, I just can't feel it. I do feel her sometimes but not what I'm used to for this stage. As I said, for now, I'm fine. I saw her 2 days ago and felt her a couple of times today. I have an appt on Wednesday morning too. But then, nothing until the ultrasound re-do on April 17. Probably another appt on April 28.

March 29th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyAnn327 View Post
I'm 17 weeks and still not feeling a lot of movement. I have felt her but it's not consistent. I always worry I'm going to get bad news at an appt or us. I had my ultrasound 2 days ago and I did feel her this morning so I'm fine for now. She was moving around a ton during my ultrasound and I couldn't feel any of it. I'm sure soon enough, I'll be feeling it daily, but I hate that I don't feel it very often and when I do, it's very light. Anyone else in the same boat?

I know what you mean. With my 2nd daughter I felt her at 14 weeks, and With this baby I have not felt him or her. I still wear my normal clothes, have not gained weight and I did not have morning sickness. With that being said, I worry but when I go to my dr appt's they tell me that the baby is doing good and the heartbeat is over 170 so I know the baby is ok. Don't worry to much because the stress is not good for the baby, if you are still concerned then please talk to your M.D. Good luck girl.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search