Had my second Dr. appt. today

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2010, 04:30 PM
erinelizabeth83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started feeling movement a few weeks ago but I haven't felt anything for several days so I was already kind of freaking out that something was wrong with the baby. I was really looking forward to hearing the heart beat on the doppler so I could get some reassurance. But when the nurse put the doppler on my belly we couldn't hear anything. She must have spent a good 5 mins looking for a HB without any success! I was trying as hard as I could to fight back the tears. I don't think I have ever been so scared! She went and got another nurse who finally after about a minute of looking was able to find a faint heartbeat. she said the baby was just down pretty low and really wiggling around! The HR was 160 and sounded good. I'm so glad everything is ok and I really hope that never happens again because it was terrifying.

My Dr. ordered my big u/s and after the appointment I was able to go schedule it. It will be at 8am on April 28th! I can't wait! I really hope this month flies by.

March 29th, 2010, 04:41 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
Awww I hope the month goes by QUICKLY for you! Glad they found the baby's heartbeat, I know that is SCARY! They had a hard time at my last appointment but the baby was just low and moving, lol.
March 29th, 2010, 04:44 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a scary day for you, so happy they found the h/b finally!! Now you can breathe again, lol!!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

March 29th, 2010, 04:47 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
So glad they caught the heartrate and your little baby is a wiggly thing I bet s/he will be a master at hide and go seek!

April 28 I hope time flies, for us all! So many of us are getting the u/s in the mid and end of April. AAAK!!!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
March 29th, 2010, 05:18 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm sorry for the scare! but i'm so glad to hear baby is ok!! yey for your big u/s!!
March 29th, 2010, 05:57 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
So glad to see that the baby is alright -- I always get panicky when I can't find Baby Acorn's heart beat on my doppler at home.

April 28th will come in no time -- it better, as that's my big u/s too!
March 29th, 2010, 10:02 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Sorry that you had such a scare!! I would have been terrified as well. But I'm glad they finally found the heartbeat And I hope that April 28th gets here soon!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search