Let's talk stretch mark cream!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2010, 06:31 PM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
I know, how exciting?! Right? I used Palmer's with DS and still got marks around 8 months, but I am thinking I should still try to use something this time around so I don't get even more stretch marks. Was wondering what everyone plans to use? I hated the smell of Palmer's so I want to find one that smells at least pleasant and isn't really greasy or oily since it will be warm weather for most of the pregnancy. Any thoughts on what brands you loved or hated if you have used them before?
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

March 29th, 2010, 06:32 PM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
Question. If you didn't get them the first go around, does that mean you will bypass them the second go around? Or do you only get lucky once?
March 29th, 2010, 06:34 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
I'm using Palmers too every night but I have no faith in any creams, lotions or oils. I think genetics has doomed me I've already got stretch marks on my boobs and on my hips (<from years ago, growth spurt?)

March 29th, 2010, 06:35 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
I have them HORRIBLY! Genetics plays a bigger role than creams! I used Palmers and special cream from Bath & Body for stretch marks, neither worked! I heard BioOil or something like that is good!
March 29th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not worried about 'em. I had them on my hips/thighs before kids anyways. Hubby doesn't care about it either, so I'm not gonna stress over it.
March 29th, 2010, 07:47 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydensmomma7407 View Post
I have them HORRIBLY! Genetics plays a bigger role than creams! I used Palmers and special cream from Bath & Body for stretch marks, neither worked! I heard BioOil or something like that is good!
I've been using Palmer's but I'd seen something on the oil also and was going to buy it tomorrow after my appointment.

March 29th, 2010, 08:04 PM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
Im screwed, I got them in the very last month with my first son and all h*ll broke loose. Then with my second son I had them from my lower groin almost up to my boobs, so either way I am scarred for life.
March 29th, 2010, 09:27 PM
lulumama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've heard good things about Clarins Skin Tonique and Mustela...I've got the Clarins and am already using it; and a friend just sent me something called "Mother's Oil" or something generic like that from a health food store. I love the smell of the clarins (if you like clarins smell in other products, this one is similar) but it is NOT CHEAP. $50 for a bottle or something. If my mama friends hadn't sworn by it, I probably wouldn't have splurged....

Forever missing our baby boy, Otis Allen, born September 12, 2010 at 41 wks; left this world 36 hours later.

Blessed with our Maui Miracle - Owen Kekoa, born 9/19/11 at 35w3d!
March 29th, 2010, 09:47 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Whether or not you get stretch marks is entirely dependent on the elasticity of your skin. The biggest thing that will help is drinking plenty of water. Otherwise, your usual moisturizer is probably a better bet than any high-priced cream.

I just wish I'd known that with my first!! Then I wouldn't have what I call my "family tree". Or at least not as badly!!!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
March 29th, 2010, 09:56 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Uh, right now I'm using cheap CVS aloe lotion if I remember. I just want to get my skin moisturized for now. Plus, I'm cheap Any advice on good creams to use, though, is always appreciated!

March 30th, 2010, 06:09 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
My mom and my sister got stretch marks so I thought I was doomed. I use Mustela with DS and gone none. I was RELIGIOUS with it. Every morning and every night. I am using it again. I believe in this stuff!!!
Mustela Stretch Marks Double Action 6.7oz

and here are some coupons - Beauty Deals Coupon Codes (12 available) - Tjoos

March 30th, 2010, 06:43 PM
ameriguat
I've been using Bio Oil which actually is HELPING my past stretch marks I HOPE it works for my stomach too, but I know it does have to do with genetics as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search